CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And when orgs enforce contracts so players have less freedom, people here complain. Most don't know what they want.

The keep 2 rule and transfer periods are just fine for halo

It seems my post was misunderstood. I'm a huge advocate for lax roster rules. Frequent team changes are a deep-rooted part of competitive Halo culture and I see no reason to change that in hopes of attracting super orgs that won't stick around more than a month anyway.

I thought we were getting pro leage details this week? Dose that mean we get details tomorrow?

It seems my post was misunderstood. I'm a huge advocate for lax roster rules. Frequent team changes are a deep-rooted part of competitive Halo culture and I see no reason to change that in hopes of attracting super orgs that won't stick around more than a month anyway.

I think that's the issue with having "one big show" like we do. If it's not a team that can compete for the $$$, why waste time? At least, it's more relevant of a reason now than it was before.

I thought we were getting pro leage details this week? Dose that mean we get details tomorrow?

Are we not meant to get a community update today?

sometimes they release the updates pretty late in the day

• Upvote (+1) 3

But the problem is that it's not just orgs that it keeps away. It keeps away potential viewers too. When I've asked Halo fans why they aren't into competitive Halo, the most common answer (excluding "I'm not an esports fan") is that team changes keep them from being invested in any particular teams. I have a problem with that myself, and I had a hard time caring about any roster changes this last hurricane season because it felt like none of the teams would stick, and I didn't necessarily heavily root for one team or the other (with the exception of NV and Optic) because I knew that the team will just disband in a couple days after worlds. I'm up for hearing arguments for frequent changes, but I wouldn't say that holding onto that part of the culture is a good argument, especially if it's hurting viewership and engagement.

In a perfect world before I go to sleep tonight Kendrick Lamar would drop his new album and the community update would be released with HCS setting details stating radar and ARs have been completely removed.

Kendrick :ace: :Ace: :ace: 

• Upvote (+1) 4

We'll probably get them a few hours before the first match.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Big orgs would probably stick around longer if there was more stability- that's in terms of both league structure and roster rules

• Upvote (+1) 1

we have OG, NV, TL, EG, LG, Splyce, and others lurking for the right opportunity 

we have big orgs already

(however i agree team stability would be a good thing for the scene)

Ninja's tweet

I often don't agree with Ninja but that's so true, new radar actually force you to slow your gameplay, you can't be that aggressive because you could get outplayed, now imagine if they remove autos so people can't rush you like crazy and you have the perfect settings.

New radar > No radar

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

As someone who knows very little about computers, could someone explain what each of the upgrades of the Scorpio mean other than it's more powerful

they should remove autos from the map and replace them with different kinds of magnum, having one person with an automatic is pretty op and unfair

• Upvote (+1) 1

im so glad to be able to see more close range pistol battles with these no AR start games. It's something which has been missing from the game. AR -> melee trades are so boring to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 3

As someone who knows very little about computers, could someone explain what each of the upgrades of the Scorpio mean other than it's more powerful

I had an awesome analogy all written out, and then I re-read your question and realized it wasn't going to work.

A faster CPU means that more calculations can be performed, which gives games more room to work with in terms of calculating AI functions, physics, and what have you.

A faster GPU means that it can render all of this faster and at a higher resolution, meaning better and more consistent framerates. In the case of Halo 5, it means that instead of fluctuating between 720p and 900p (1080p? I can't remember), it's going to have a solid 60fps at 1080p without having to change the resolution on the fly (which can exacerbate the heavy aim problem).

More RAM dedicated to the dashboard means that the menus are going to be much crisper and responsive, plus allow for more intensive background processes, like 4K and/or 60fps Game DVR recordings.

I might be off on some of this, but I think that's the gist of it.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Anyone know the RPM of the scorpio harddrive?

Not yet but apparently it had "50% more bandwidth".

So probably 7200RPM lol.

Watched a few games of pistol-only starts from Frosty's POV ... feels EXACTLY like ZB Reach lol, which I played way too much of.  Reskin the pistol with the Reach DMR and add a spartan ability jetpack and we should be good  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 1

If they aren't either removing all other autos or replacing them with AR's this game is still going to play awfully. Especially since we are keeping these rifles in for some reason.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Not yet but apparently it had "50% more bandwidth".

So probably 7200RPM lol.

Supposed to be the best console ever and still uses standard HDD.

SSD or bust.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Supposed to be the best console ever and still uses standard HDD.

SSD or bust.

That would end up being a little irrelevant outside of single player games since you'd end up wasting the bulk of the advantage waiting on original Xbones to finish loading in multiplayer games. I think it would be a nice accessory though.