CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've played so much new radar no AR starts recently that I don't know if I can go back to MM if they don't change it. I may be over confident but I think 343 might actually listen this time, after what Frosty said on stream, and when Snakebite and Stellur were 1v1ing they made it sound like ARs are gone and there is no point practicing them anymore. Also almost all the pros have been playing 8s a lot and saying how much better it is on twitter. Hopefully 343 can't ignore them.

• Upvote (+1) 3

How does the pro seeds work? LG I know had a seed because el town and victory x were on the team in the previous season, but with el town leaving to team with naded who was also on that team, does LG lose the seed because of that?

Now the last team included Ninja and VicX but also had FIS as coach. They should be good.

this stuff makes me hopeful

and if 343 doesnt put lan on scorpio for halo 6....

Honestly as far as selling points to push new consoles goes...LAN would be icing on the cake.

Seeing all these random 8s playing new settings is cool. But ill be more excited that we may actually be getting changes when they start scrimming with the new settings.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry but you don't seem to have much of an idea how systems work if you think it "just" edges the Pro out.

Never underestimate DX12 combined with customized boosted CPUs. Combined with that ammount of RAM and these speeds it will hold up way better.

Also people have to stop just looking at specpics. The scorpio is able to do freesync, AF and more. This console is a beast.

Also people who spam on twitter if it has LAN mode... spam 343 about it, Gears was able to get an offline LAN mode, it is on 343 to get this done.

There should be more than enough overhead to add LAN support at locked 1080p60fps. But would 343 have the time/resources/heart to make it happen.

Doubt it :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

There should be more than enough overhead to add LAN support at locked 1080p60fps. But would 343 have the time/resources/heart to make it happen.

Doubt it :mj:

Sad to say but i agree, while the scropio might have the overhead to be able to host games on LAN, that would require devs to do a lot of tweeking to source code, since the game is used to running off a dedicated server, it would now have to be able to run LAN support on its own, which im not sure that coding even exists in the game, probably lives in the mystical cloud

Seeing all these random 8s playing new settings is cool. But ill be more excited that we may actually be getting changes when they start scrimming with the new settings.

Honestly 8s is the best way to experiment if you want an un-biased look. You can mix and match players everywhere and get a good idea of how the game plays for you personally. I feel like immediately squadding up and scrimming creates an issue where people will be biased in a direction based on how their team is performing, not how the game actually plays.

• Upvote (+1) 4

We're not gunna see LAN on H5. It's far too much work for frankly not much reward.

We could hopefully see lan in H6 with Scorpio though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

People also think longer kill times correlate to a larger skill gap and "more room for outplays," which is demonstrably false. 4sk magnum is a simpler change that solves more problems at once. Nerfing autos still leaves you with all of the problems with the magnum as a "utility weapon" like the team shot requirement and the magnum being the worst precision weapon in the game. "Fixing" the autos (as opposed to just removing them) would be much more complicated.

There's an inflection point in there somewhere though, because I think we all agree that COD style 1-shot-insta-kill significantly reduces the skill gap. Weird that there seems to be such a parabolic arc there. 0-second kills are terrible, completely unskilled. 2.5-second kills are painfully bad, and 1 second kills (as long as the _average_ kill tends to be much longer) are amazing. H:CE got really lucky on this, there's no doubt about that.

Honestly 8s is the best way to experiment if you want an un-biased look. You can mix and match players everywhere and get a good idea of how the game plays for you personally. I feel like immediately squadding up and scrimming creates an issue where people will be biased in a direction based on how their team is performing, not how the game actually plays.

Im just saying when the teams are actually scrimming new settings ill believe we are actually getting new settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fixed, it added some extra characters at the end.

"Whoops. Something went wrong. We couldn't find that clip."

:ace:  :ace:  :ace:

If these competitive settings go through, i might have to boot up some H5 when the new season comes out! just oo painful to queue with current settings.

the $8s are great to see though, ive been watching a decent amount in my down time and it makes me hopeful! heres to a more H2esq H6!!!!

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1