CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Project Scorpio's specs revealed. Microsoft actually over-delivered on their promises. Scorpio> PS4 Pro in almost every way.

I'd like to take a moment to think of the alternate universe where this releases with H3A.

Now I'm sad.

Their big reveal essentially just edges the PS4 Pro. I'm not so impressed.

Sure they landed the 4k/UHD license while Sony hadn't, XB1 launched with inferior RAM/disk space. Only just now upgrading when they likely could have done so when the slims came out.

At the end of the day, it is a console. It needs to be affordable for the average consumer. So yes, there has to be a balance between price/performance. Just enough power to get the 4K/UHD license, but not break the bank. Otherwise no one will by it, or you may as well just by a PC for the price.

Personally, I think their engineers/designers are doing the right thing. As long as the price is not outrageous, on paper they will be one-upping the competition in almost ever category....that is the main thing consumers will see. A lot of people are upgrading to 4K TVs right now as the prices are coming down and want 4K devices to power them.

At the end of the day, it is a console. It needs to be affordable for the average consumer. So yes, there has to be a balance between price/performance. Just enough power to get the 4K/UHD license, but not break the bank. Otherwise no one will by it, or you may as well just by a PC for the price.

Personally, I think their engineers/designers are doing the right thing. As long as the price is not outrageous, on paper they will be one-upping the competition in almost ever category....that is the main thing consumers will see.

But this isn't really for the "average consumer". This is the Xbox/entertainment enthusiast. What is the purpose outside of getting people to buy the more pricey box? Does this open things up for game devs to crank up the creativity and juice in their game? It better have. I guess we will see once  the price they are expecting consumers to buy it at is revealed.  And the Xbox one S did 4k UHD so it that was a non-issue anyways.

But this isn't really for the "average consumer". This is the Xbox/entertainment enthusiast. What is the purpose outside of getting people to buy the more pricey box? Does this open things up for game devs to crank up the creativity and juice in their game? It better have. I guess we will see once  the price they are expecting consumers to buy it at is revealed.  And the Xbox one S did 4k UHD so it that was a non-issue anyways.

So if a consumer sees the scorpio and the Xbox one S and decides to buy the cheaper one. How does Microsoft lose? Either way its a sale.

And when it was first announced I said it would be 500$. The digital foundry journalist predicted 500$ based on what he saw.  If it is then I'll buy it. If its more then I'll wait. 

But this isn't really for the "average consumer". This is the Xbox/entertainment enthusiast. What is the purpose outside of getting people to buy the more pricey box? Does this open things up for game devs to crank up the creativity and juice in their game? It better have. I guess we will see once the price they are expecting consumers to buy it at is revealed. And the Xbox one S did 4k UHD so it that was a non-issue anyways.

Go back a page and watch the video...

• Upvote (+1) 2

So if a consumer sees the scorpio and the Xbox one S and decides to buy the cheaper one. How does Microsoft lose? Either way its a sale.

I'm not too worried about Microsoft making money. 

And when it was first announced I said it would be 500$. The digital foundry journalist predicted 500$ based on what he saw.  If it is then I'll buy it. If its more then I'll wait. 

where it could go off the rails is what killed disney infinity: product control. if you dont have near enough or way too much you could kill the business model. doubt that will happen here. they probably care more about sales figures vs potential write offs

I'd like to take a moment to think of the alternate universe where this releases with H3A.

Now I'm sad.

Don't believe those claims until e3.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Sorry but you don't seem to have much of an idea how systems work if you think it "just" edges the Pro out. 

Never underestimate DX12 combined with customized boosted CPUs. Combined with that ammount of RAM and these speeds it will hold up way better.

To be honest, Hadn't watched the video when I commented. I completely understand DX12 and the benefits it has. This guy does go into a good description of how the cores interact with it which was nice. 

Although a 4sk magnum could be great, i agree the aim assist needs to be toned down quite a bit

Which part of the aim assist?The magnetism,snapping,or friction?The magnetism is actually really low,the snapping,and friction I'm not so sure about since it's been a little while since I played.

To be honest, Hadn't watched the video when I commented. I completely understand DX12 and the benefits it has. This guy does go into a good description of how the cores interact with it which was nice. 

Ya the Scorpio does a lot more than edge out the PS4 Pro, it blows it away.

43% increase in GPU power over the PS4 Pro before any of the custom enhancements are even considered.

Sticking point will be the price, but there is no doubt this thing is a beast.

Which part of the aim assist?The magnetism,snapping,or friction?The magnetism is actually really low,the snapping,and friction I'm not so sure about since it's been a little while since I played.

Not 100% sure but its way to easy to land shots for a 4sk weapon. If i had to guess based on feel i would say friction as it seems to track players pretty well but i may be getting them mixed up :)

I'll believe it when I see it.

"The pros wanted storm rifle starts!" - Quinn

• Upvote (+1) 4

43% increase in GPU power over the PS4 Pro before any of the custom enhancements are even considered.

Sticking point will be the price, but there is no doubt this thing is a beast.

The tweaked, dedicated GPU really helps.

With the announcement of the Scorpio for Holiday 2017, we can pretty much assume Halo 6 will be a Scorpio launch title. E3 announcement incoming??

This Scorpio announcement has me pretty hyped. I really don't think it is going to happen, but if they decided to fix MCC, make it run at 4k/60fps, and released an H3A expansion they would just be printing money.

With the announcement of the Scorpio for Holiday 2017, we can pretty much assume Halo 6 will be a Scorpio launch title. E3 announcement incoming??

Halo 6 will be a 2018 title.

Mainline Halo titles always have a 3 year dev cycle.

MS has also said multiple times that there won't be a Halo FPS releasing this year.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If they had H3A under wraps the entire time and released that instead I would be so happy while they kept working on H6.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Personally, I think their engineers/designers are doing the right thing. As long as the price is not outrageous, on paper they will be one-upping the competition in almost ever category....that is the main thing consumers will see. A lot of people are upgrading to 4K TVs right now as the prices are coming down and want 4K devices to power them.

Also, with this being said, this thing has the specs of a pretty decent budget gaming rig, an actual x86 8 core cpu (4 cores 8 threads), which is the mainstay of the computer gaming community. This thing offers a pretty solid package, what would make it amazing is if it ran windows instead of a generic xbox dashboard, allowing users to interact with PC gaming. That would open up a MASSIVE market, allowing PC gamers to play halo along with players using their fancy new xbox. This would be the way of the future, and would completely destroy PS. Thats the dream, well see if it happens, im pretty hyped about it.