CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I like situational weapons, and it's the least op auto right now on maps. I'd rather ars than shotty and scattershot

How many would you want on the map? I could see 1 or 2 being ok since the shotgun and scattershot are too good in this game. I would personally prefer none, though

How many would you want on the map? I could see 1 or 2 being ok since the shotgun and scattershot are too good in this game. I would personally prefer none, though

Only like one or two. The rest I want Magnum variants. Gunfighter magnums are cooler alternatives to autos
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja, Victory, and Saiyan playing PG with Monster. They've played w/ him a few times, any chance (ha) he's actually the 4th?

Edit: I still have my fingers crossed for LG Commonly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Off topic, but can teams still sign up for that H3 MLG tourney?

yessir. challonge.com/Halo3MLG

edit: if anyone has any questions about the tourney, feel free to slide into my DMs. I'm helping Evadur out with it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja, Victory, and Saiyan playing PG with Monster. They've played w/ him a few times, any chance (ha) he's actually the 4th?

Edit: I still have my fingers crossed for LG Commonly.

God I hope not. Victory deserves better than that. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why would the pick up monster..el town is better then monster

"better" is a pretty big blanket term. I can say with complete confidence that Monster is a better slayer and that might en what they are going for. El Town struggles pretty badly in gunfights and thats pretty important.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

The question we've been asking for years

Yes they should go back to where halo was the only FPS option. The consumers are not molded by what has been popular in the last decade. 343 has been only formed to please 500 poeople on the forum. Not to make actual profit or anything.

• Downvote (-1) 15

I'm fine with the stormrifle on maps in place of a scattershot or shotgun but I really feel like ARs just shouldn't be in the HCS. Pickups or starting weapons.

Only like one or two. The rest I want Magnum variants. Gunfighter magnums are cooler alternatives to autos

The key to making any weapon placements work is going to be respawn time and ammo. If they keep the respawn time at 15 seconds theyre going to still be all over the place. 1 or 2 on map, 1 minute respawn, 1 extra clip if that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The key to making any weapon placements work is going to be respawn time and ammo. If they keep the respawn time at 15 seconds theyre going to still be all over the place. 1 or 2 on map, 1 minute respawn, 1 extra clip if that.

But this all made under the assumption that the AR is gonna be removed as Primary. I don't know if that's even gonna happen.

"better" is a pretty big blanket term. I can say with complete confidence that Monster is a better slayer and that might en what they are going for. El Town struggles pretty badly in gunfights and thats pretty important.

While i agree with you here, there is a reason el town has consitently been pro and finishing top 6 and monster has not.

• Upvote (+1) 4

But this all made under the assumption that the AR is gonna be removed as Primary. I don't know if that's even gonna happen.

The fact that pros are playing customs with no ars on start make me hopeful that this is a real possiblilty

AR on maps > SMG/Storm Rifles on map.

In a perfect world there would be no Autos on map at all, but this is far far from a perfect world we live in my friends.

• Upvote (+1) 3

While i agree with you here, there is a reason el town has consitently been pro and finishing top 6 and monster has not.

Eh I mean there's so much that goes into getting on a top team though. Like look at Renegade for example. Dude hasn't been on a top team for THAT long and people already have him as someone that could take down OpTic. A bunch of players right outside top 8 could be could enough to land on a top team.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

The fact that pros are playing customs with no ars on start make me hopeful that this is a real possiblilty

A lot of testing going on which is great.  No type of announcement on settings so a lot of players are just trying to take the reigns right now. 

Just spectating pistol only battles is 100x better.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Eh I mean there's so much that goes into getting on a top team though. Like look at Renegade for example. Dude hasn't been on a top team for THAT long and people already have him as someone that could take down OpTic. A bunch of players right outside top 8 could be could enough to land on a top team.

Monster is talented but is the biggest tilter imaginable. Every callout is like he's whining

I feel like part of the problem is literally every weapon is so easy to use. BR, sniper, rockets, AR, plasma caster, smg ... The fact that we're only just had a nerf to a weapon(sniper) and only buffs to other weapons is telling

I feel like part of the problem is literally every weapon is so easy to use. BR, sniper, rockets, AR, plasma caster, smg ... The fact that we're only just had a nerf to a weapon(sniper) and only buffs to other weapons is telling

Plasma caster a actually kinda hard to use now after the last update shrunk the blast radius.Also fuck the spkr rockets.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

1 Storm Rifle/Brute on maps acting as a power weapon would be fine. I don't really understand why people are suggesting AR's as pickups like we have to have accommodate them somehow. Past halo's only had BR's and Power weapons and it worked great. Halo 5 should just be Pistols and Power weapons. I don't even think Truth should have camo or Carbines TBH.

made for Tommy Two-Year-Old to compensate and make it really easy to use.

so, it was made for me is what you're saying

no offense taken

• Upvote (+1) 1

343 milks as long as possible whenever people are trying to get settings changed. We're going to be getting a lot of "we're looking into it" until it's too late to make any changes.