CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i mean i get what he is saying, but it's not like there aren't legitimate criticisms here, and transparency with consumers is just as important as transparency with competitors

i mean i get what he is saying, but it's not like there aren't legitimate criticisms here, and transparency with consumers is just as important as transparency with competitors

Reading the entire convo, I get it - but let's not pretend Halo popping off right now. A lot of us care about the long term health of this community and league. We only wants what's best for everyone, criticism is always going to be there with people - let's hope the right decisions are made soon to improve the game for everyone :)

• Upvote (+1) 5

It's easier for Pros to be critical of 343 while also being more optimistic. As long as they compete (and at a constant high level like Frosty and Optic do) they are more inclined to be okay with a less than perfect product, they're still making money and for some, a living off this game.

But fans of H5 as a competitive E-Sport? We see the glaring flaws, and don't stand to gain as much from a broken, flawed game.

That's the difference.

NFL players are critical of the rules that make the game less fun, but they're still getting paid by the NFun League, so there's less desire to be loud in uprooting the status quo.

But the fans? Behind an anonymous keyboard? They can riot, and riot they will.

Frosty can say that TB is more negative, but there's a reason behind it, it's not just blind negativity. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's real. That's the foreign DVD

That real foreign Dvd cover is fake as hell though. When I saw some Dvd covers for JCVD movie I was crying.

Sorry for going off topic

Hey Frosty, could you be a little more constructive with your criticism please?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Reading the entire convo, I get it - but let's not pretend Halo popping off right now. A lot of us care about the long term health of this community and league. We only wants what's best for everyone, criticism is always going to be there with people - let's hope the right decisions are made soon to improve the game for everyone :)

i'll literally shut up about 343 forever if they just listen to some of the real concerns people have, and if they change the settings a little.

I would like to direct people's attention to this thread if you haven't already seen it, someone made a way to show Halo 5's wonky aiming.http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/15295-i-have-devised-a-way-to-demonstrate-heavy-aim/

This shows that Halo 5 is broken at the most fundamental level and needs to be tweaked before it can be called a competitive game. The settings are already horrible enough but inconsistency in the most basic of actions in a shooter is crazy.

well instead of being toxic like you fuckers im went out and did something about it (just kidding i love you)

343.PNG

Screenshot%2B%252811%2529.png

Screenshot%2B%252812%2529.png

Screenshot%2B%252813%2529.png

If they hire you, don't forget about us :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

well instead of being toxic like you fuckers im went out and did something about it (just kidding i love you)

Fantastic! You can leave me as a reference.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seems like there is never any time for the pros to "test" out the settings, due to 343's short term announcement of events. But can't some of this land on the pros? "Oh the next event is in less than a month... shit, guess we can't try out the new settings in order to give proper feedback. Better ride it out for another year".

The things proper communication and planning would solve. Who knew.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I think he just got tired of coming on here and seeing some of the drama that was happening. If you read the full convo he also agrees that it isn't this negative toxic place to be at all times. He also kind of finally was done with it when the "leaders" or the people who run TB + Frank were talking about the "str8 gate" and claimed it to be joking every time someone called them out on it. Oh and them deleting APGs post which explained every thing to stop "drama" even though they were the ones who were causing it was laughable.

When someone talks about TB understand everyone is different and looks at things a certain way. Just because someone calls it negative or w/e doesn't mean they believe anyone who posts is negative and their criticism is stupid. I could make a much bigger post and talk about some of the issues we actually have with some of the post we see, but I don't know how much that would actually help halo

Also for the kid above. Frosty is one of the people who are pushing for "classic halo" to be back so I don't think he is mad that you don't like radar. People will claim we are content with everything because of the money we make, but I wish I would actually just show everyone how hard we push for things to be different. Oh well what can you do. Anyways, have a good day everyone. Thanks for reading if you made it this far without dropping the neg and moving on

Keep fighting the good fight for classic Halo man. I've seen enough scrims to know how much people complain about the state of this game. No one is really happy about it.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I think he just got tired of coming on here and seeing some of the drama that was happening. If you read the full convo he also agrees that it isn't this negative toxic place to be at all times. He also kind of finally was done with it when the "leaders" or the people who run TB + Frank were talking about the "str8 gate" and claimed it to be joking every time someone called them out on it. Oh and them deleting APGs post which explained every thing to stop "drama" even though they were the ones who were causing it was laughable. 

When someone talks about TB understand everyone is different and looks at things a certain way. Just because someone calls it negative or w/e doesn't mean they believe anyone who posts is negative and their criticism is stupid. I could make a much bigger post and talk about some of the issues we actually have with some of the post we see, but I don't know how much that would actually help halo

Also for the kid above. Frosty is one of the people who are pushing for "classic halo" to be back so I don't think he is mad that you don't like radar. People will claim we are content with everything because of the money we make, but I wish I would actually just show everyone how hard we push for things to be different. Oh well what can you do. Anyways, have a good day everyone. Thanks for reading if you made it this far without dropping the neg and moving on 

what are your personal opinions on what we should change settings wise? 

Seems like there is never any time for the pros to "test" out the settings, due to 343's short term announcement of events. But can't some of this land on the pros? "Oh the next event is in less than a month... shit, guess we can't try out the new settings in order to give proper feedback. Better ride it out for another year".

The things proper communication and planning would solve. Who knew.

The developers should always be looking to improve. They hear the outcry for settings to be changed, it is up to them to give these pros an opportunity to help test things. Look at the player's summit for example. They need it to do that more often or at least push out test maps/settings to play before important events.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also for the kid above. Frosty is one of the people who are pushing for "classic halo" to be back so I don't think he is mad that you don't like radar. People will claim we are content with everything because of the money we make, but I wish I would actually just show everyone how hard we push for things to be different. Oh well what can you do. Have a good day

I think that everyone on TB loves Frosty. If he tried to interact with the biggest Competivive Halo community he could do great things with so little. As you do. If pro players think this is a negative place the best way is to come here and share some good things. We all want the same thing in the end.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I stream everyday if you want to check it out. I think i do a good job of interacting with everyone so if thats what you want then see me on twitch. And ive made all of 2 posts about TB but thats chill, i usually keep to myself. Also changing the radar/removing will not make h5 feel more like classic halo, i want nothing more than to play h3 as the competitive game but no matter what you do h5 is completely different than other halos. 

no one reasonably expects a total overhaul of h5 to make it more classical, but removing radar and autos does make the game more enjoyable, for me. 

you guys as pros will know more than i do, but why does it always seem like you guys want things to stay the same in halo 5? you always say that changing this or that is too much? radar should not be in any halo, period. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I stream everyday if you want to check it out. I think i do a good job of interacting with everyone so if thats what you want then see me on twitch. And ive made all of 2 posts about TB but thats chill, i usually keep to myself. Also changing the radar/removing will not make h5 feel more like classic halo, i want nothing more than to play h3 as the competitive game but no matter what you do h5 is completely different than other halos.

Yeah, I am trying to watch when I can but being in EU it is sometimes hard. You have so many fans here and I am certain that many would love to hear your thoughts about everything Halo.

LG Respectful?  :intel:  :intel:  :intel:

Honestly I would be so pumped to see this... the big thing holding EU players back is good competition. They have the skill, but they aren't used to playing the game at NA speeds. We saw it with the FAB-Str8 series, especially on Fathom flag.

Respectful has a ridiculous shot. I think he's T4 NA good if he got acclimated to the pace of play.

• Upvote (+1) 5