CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can someone please be a doll and tell me when the MCC tournament is? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

(Sorry if this topic has already been brought up, im like 4 days behind in this thread trying to catch up.)

Edit: Not sure how to get the video to post and not just the link, sorry lol  I am so dumb.  :mj:

Was watching this gaming news video this morning, and at the 7:20 mark she discusses how For Honor players, upset with communication and gameplay issues with ubisoft, organized a blackout day on reddit and got a patch to address some issues. Found it interesting and thought i would share. 

Bumping to top of next page.

Can someone please be a doll and tell me when the MCC tournament is? 

This Sunday (9th), not sure what time it starts though, think Evadur was saying around 10am(West coast time zone(PST?)) 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Shame Halo does not get this. 

-Gears 4 Weapon Tuning-

I've been a long-time fan of the Gears franchise, and unlike most people (it seems), I enjoy watching the movement and gameplay in competitive.

I can't lie though, seeing Gears get everything out of The Coalition that we've been begging for from 343 (weapon tweaks, adjustments to settings based on actual feedback, communication back and forth) makes me a little salty for my favorite franchise.

I've arrived at a weird point mentally. I've realized that I really do like playing Halo 5, although that's an unpopular opinion here maybe. I just refuse to look at it as a Halo title and just take it for what it is- an FPS I enjoy.

@CyReN said it best yesterday, even if unintentionally. He said something to the effect of "343 is already working on the next game they'll give a Halo title to." Not the next Halo title... just a game they'll title "Halo." At this point, who knows what it will even look like. I'm about to gag when saying this, but I may literally buy COD WW2 just to support the move back to what used to make COD a fantastic title. I hope the warm reception it's already receiving impacts 343's (Quinn's) perception on how Halo needs to "progress." Quite frankly it needs to regress back to what we loved.

I'm already 99.99999% certain we'll never see a H3A title, but I'd imagine there are a TON of people who stopped playing after H3 and the Reach debacle who'd come back for nostalgic purposes. Hell, people would like it even more if they fixed the hit registration as well.

Meanwhile, in the Halo world, a year and a half after release we've only had what, three weapons actually tuned? (Sniper hipfire, Hydra+Caster buffed to be OP instead of actually requiring skill)

Hey hey hey hey now, that's not all. I'm pretty sure my Spartan Charges have slightly less auto-aim as well  :kappa:

Hes still a really good player in 4v4s. Just unfortunate that ALG didn't go farther. I thought he was the second best player on ALG after Spartan.

I think Tripppey has great natural talent, but I don't think he's a great 4's player right now. His stats look good a lot, especially if he has the power weapons, but a lot of times it feels like he racks up a lot of "pointless" kills that don't actually achieve something or create an opportunity for his team.

I think this is telling:

Before Dan got dropped, Panda was by far the worst "pro" team, ALG was looking decent to good at least, and LG was struggling with Tripppey.

Dan gets dropped and goes to Panda, who take T4 at Vegas and have no issue qualifying for Worlds. Tripppey goes to ALG and they pretty much play like butt cheeks until they miss Worlds. Meanwhile LG picks up Saiyan to replace Tripppey and are significantly better almost from the jump.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

but why switch it up from what Halo has always done?

The question we've been asking for years

• Upvote (+1) 7

The question we've been asking for years

And yet here we are still asking it. 343 are a pathetic company.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This Sunday (9th), not sure what time it starts though, think Evadur was saying around 10am(West coast time zone(PST?)) 

Thanks.

I think Tripppey has great natural talent, but I don't think he's a great 4's player right now. His stats look good a lot, especially if he has the power weapons, but a lot of times it feels like he racks up a lot of "pointless" kills that don't actually achieve something or create an opportunity for his team.

I think this is telling:

Before Dan got dropped, Panda was by far the worst "pro" team, ALG was looking decent to good at least, and LG was struggling with Tripppey.

Dan gets dropped and goes to Panda, who take T4 at Vegas and have no issue qualifying for Worlds. Tripppey goes to ALG and they pretty much play like butt cheeks until they miss Worlds. Meanwhile LG picks up Saiyan to replace Tripppey and are significantly better almost from the jump.

I really agree with this. I think Tripppey has the potential, but he hasn't found his place in a 4v4 team yet.

I thought it was weird that ALG picked him up, because I didn't think he was that kind of player they were missing. I did kinda agree dropping Danoxide though, because they never seemed to find the flow with Danoxide and Suspector taking so much space that Spartan had to change play style to make it somewhat work. For me Suspector could have been dropped instead of Dan, but I guess "The noises" made the decision. But when they picked up Tripppey that was essentially a player that took the same amount of space in game as Dan. Meaning Spartan still had to play that play style he was not comfortable with.

For a team to be successful with Spartan in it I think you need to let him shine.

Same goes with Suspector and that's why I think it clashed in the team with those 3. It will be interesting to see if Suspectors new squad with Naded and El town can make him shine again.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hey hey hey hey now, that's not all. I'm pretty sure my Spartan Charges have slightly less auto-aim as well  :kappa:

The only change to Spartan Charge was actually a buff, which increased auto aim and basically made it so that if you start the charge with a red 'reticle' you will hit no matter what.

I really agree with this. I think Tripppey has the potential, but he hasn't found his place in a 4v4 team yet.

I thought it was weird that ALG picked him up, because I didn't think he was that kind of player they were missing. I did kinda agree dropping Danoxide though

I guess no one knows truly why Dan got dropped (unless it's public knowledge), but I'm pretty sure they were just annoyed by him and felt he didn't place importance on practice/scrims, mostly because of his antics and noises. I remember the clip I linked here of Dan just screeching over and over on the Rig. Suspector just dead pans "you're really funny" in the driest, I-hate-this kind of way.

People are going to have to look past Dan's antics though. He's clearly one of the most talented H5 players from movement to shot.

I guess no one knows truly why Dan got dropped (unless it's public knowledge), but I'm pretty sure they were just annoyed by him and felt he didn't place importance on practice/scrims, mostly because of his antics and noises. I remember the clip I linked here of Dan just screeching over and over on the Rig. Suspector just dead pans "you're really funny" in the driest, I-hate-this kind of way.

People are going to have to look past Dan's antics though. He's clearly one of the most talented H5 players from movement to shot.

Dan's a beast. I couldn't imagine trying to focus while some kid is making this noises in my headset though. I'm constantly muting people on xbl for shit like that. I find it hard to believe that a professional does it regularly.

• Upvote (+1) 8

The only change to Spartan Charge was actually a buff, which increased auto aim and basically made it so that if you start the charge with a red 'reticle' you will hit no matter what.

Thats not true.  Spartan charge was nerfed so you can't turn it as drastically and there is not as much magnetism.  pre-change you could start a charge and turn probably 45 degrees mid-charge.  Its definitely easier to dodge now but that's not really the point.

The issue with charge (other than its mere existance) is the insane knockback, short stun (where you can't shoot for maybe 1/3rd of a second when you get hit by it), extra damage compared to a standard melee, quick recovery of the charger and fact that counter melees almost always miss.  It only takes 3 AR body shots to kill after a charge on someone that was previously full shields.  If you are sprinting mindlessly at someone and they take your shields off, then you hit them with a charge and have your AR out you will end up winning that fight much more often than not.  It doesn't really matter how hard it is to land a charge when all of the above are true.  NONE of those issues with it were addressed.  343 basically put a bandaid over a bullet wound when they reduced the magnetism.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I wish that would happen if Maniac would play Halo. I'm sure the others would be down to play 

I don't think Maniac has a problem with Halo, just H5.

• Upvote (+1) 3

im really suprised by naded leaving/getting dropped by panda. i figured that team had some good potential and naded and danoxide were a great duo. it would be interesting to know the why behind that. the new team looks pretty good, but if they arent able to get in pro league, i cant see them sticking it out through the season

• Upvote (+1) 1

I don't think Maniac has a problem with Halo, just H5.

Everytime someone mentions H5 Maniac has this PTSD sort of look and freaks out. It's like he was jailed against his will. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

One thing i think it would be good for 343 to allow greater community involvement in, is the way crowdfunding money is distributed.  In general i think crowdfunding is good, but (surprise, surprise) 343's complete lack of transparency in how it is distributed is frustrating.  

The $75k daytona prizepool is great and is likely due to crowdfunding but it looks extremely unlikely that we will get any EU open LANs in the near future (unless they make the finals open like in NA, assuming EU pro league is even happening).  Given the communities complete reliance on 343 to run tournaments even closely resembling a LAN it would be great if we could directly support potential tournaments in Particular regions (of course give us LAN and this could be done without 343 intervention).  For instance, i have bought the HCS req pack purely to help crowdfund HCS events but it would be awesome if i could directly support an EU event. Of course i have no issue with supporting HCS events in any region but it would be great to support my 'local' scene and help fund events that i could attend and could give EU players more incentive to continue playing.

I dont want this to come off as saying i want to only support my region because that isnt the case but if its a choice between multiple open events in one region with none here (or in other regions, we complain in EU but sucks even worse for ANZ, LATAM, SA etc), that kind of sucks

tbh just give us LAN and the rest could sort itself with the crowdfunding tools available.

On another note.  The lack of skins for many teams sucks, the fact that they are only occasionally on sale, coupled with no skins for any teams outside of NA doesnt offer much in the way of incentives for orgs to get or stay involved.  Its great that international teams are allowed to attend the upcoming NA opens but the incentive for orgs in these other regions to financially support their team to travel would probably be greater if they could actually receive money from skins. Hopefully some do make it as it would be awesome to see.

This is small beans compared to the settings issues but just adds to the pile of problems.

Anyway my apologies, rant over :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah big props to Evadur for organizing this H3 tournament.  I'll definitely be tuning into the streams on Sunday.

Now if only someone had the balls to do a H1 or H2 MCC tournament...

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yeah, I think that was a big part as well. I remember Commonlys tweet saying only "Dan noises". But if they would have won every qualifier they wouldn't have dropped him because of it. So it kinda became the catalyst. But as I also said dropping Suspector for a more supportish/selfless player and letting Spartan be more of a slayer could have made that roster rise imo. (That's not a shot at Suspector per say, Spartan couldn't fulfill his role either) As long as they don't get annoyed at dans noises... and... we are back at square one.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Lowering the age minimum to 13+ is one smarter things 343 did. Get them hooked on Halo eSports early.

for all the good things about this tournament, why is it on mother's day weekend? between my wife and my mom, i'll be lucky to catch up on beyond...