CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I really am curious as to how 343 responds with Halo 6 after the way these other companies have responded to criticism of their games.  

Resident Evil 5 I think was where Capcom really started to go in a different direction.  Resident Evil 6 was just terrible and that's when Capcom finally went back to it's roots with Resident Evil 7.  People were getting tired of all the nonsense with the future warfare COD games and now, we will be getting a boots on the ground WW2 game.  Gears of War Judgement was the Halo 4 of the Gears series, Gears 4 went back to what worked.  

We complained about the terrible multiplayer for Halo 4, we ended up getting a broken MCC multiplayer for months.  We complained about that and now we have radar/autos/spartan charges/no LAN Halo 5.

Expect nothing to change.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm literally the biggest Neighbor fanboy on earth, that would be so sick if he actually played in this MCC tourney ... is there a list of teams somewhere?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Forget Halo 6...

This has already been posted... and its no where near in a polished state atm. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me or did Trippey seem like a way better player when he was just that online 2v2 kid pros would match up against?

Is it just me or did Trippey seem like a way better player when he was just that online 2v2 kid pros would match up against?

Hes still a really good player in 4v4s. Just unfortunate that ALG didn't go farther. I thought he was the second best player on ALG after Spartan.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Dude, reality check, the chance of sprint being removed is literally 0%. I think this is an important thing for the entire community to realize. Currently almost no pros are advocating for this, and H5 is a completely different game without this. I realize there is a point to be made for no sprint, but everyone is better off if people come to the realization that that change is NEVER happening in H5.

I think at this point in H5's lifecycle a lot of the hardcore people still playing are itching for a classic halo experience. Good, carry that advocacy to H6 and keeping pushing for an evolved playlist in H5 in the interim. Believing there is any realistic possibility of getting that implemented for the next two seasons of pro league is a fools errand. If there was any chance at all pros would be scrimming evolved settings and making a case for a niche set of settings to be pro league ready. Not only is that not happening, a large set of pros are not even playing proving grounds as at this point and just waiting to hear what 343 plans for next seasons.

No reality check. I've been around for awhile I know how this all works. It's fairly obvious there's no chance of sprint being removed, doesn't mean I'm not going to bitch about it. Pros didn't test new settings in reach or in halo 4, they aren't going to now. I realize we might get their half removed but not really radar and we might not. That's about the extent of what will happen. Autos won't get nerfed or removed from loadout. Maybe they'll take out the last of the splinter grenades but probably not. Storm, Brute, and SMG will all still be prevalent as well. This isn't something that's new. I'll bitch about sprint in halo until the day I die though, whether or not there's a chance for removal won't change that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

i spy 

with my little eye

my favourite franchise's cultural relevance dropping like a fly

if i ever become famous first thing im telling everyone to do is to boycott Halo and 343

• Upvote (+1) 9

So when we gonna get 5 second slayer respawn and 10 second objective?

• Upvote (+1) 4

Hes still a really good player in 4v4s. Just unfortunate that ALG didn't go farther. I thought he was the second best player on ALG after Spartan.

I really don't get where this notion that tripppey played bad is coming from. Spartan played the worst during the lcq, and is now on the best team available.

Gotta wonder how things turn out if roybox picked up tripppey and renegade.

heard there was mass hysteria and anarchy going on without me 

is the halo 3 tournament real or was he joking? 

if it's real it's good filler for the off season, plus it can show 343 what a pure halo game with no radar or automatics looks like when played at an extremely high level. 

Would also highlight the strangeness of going from no radar to radar to new fans who don't necessarily agree with our pov. 

No reality check. I've been around for awhile I know how this all works. It's fairly obvious there's no chance of sprint being removed, doesn't mean I'm not going to bitch about it. Pros didn't test new settings in reach or in halo 4, they aren't going to now. I realize we might get their half removed but not really radar and we might not. That's about the extent of what will happen. Autos won't get nerfed or removed from loadout. Maybe they'll take out the last of the splinter grenades but probably not. Storm, Brute, and SMG will all still be prevalent as well. This isn't something that's new. I'll bitch about sprint in halo until the day I die though, whether or not there's a chance for removal won't change that.

MV5BMTkwMDYyMDU4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUw

• Upvote (+1) 3

MV5BMTkwMDYyMDU4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTUw

This poster is fake, Van Damme was the bad guy in this one. He got his ass kicked too.

This poster is fake, Van Damme was the bad guy in this one. He got his ass kicked too.

Agreed it isnt the original cover, i dont think i have watched that film since the late 80's so my memory is a little fuzzy to say the least lol.  I may have to go on an 80's action film binge soon.  Rewatch some classics.

Sorry getting OT 

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game is coming along nicely it seems. I wonder how it will be competitive wise.

Looks fantastic. I like the basic graphics honestly. It's a fan made game, it should look that way, plus it would make it easier for people not running powerful PCs to play! I love it.

I remember prior to H5's reveal fully believing in my hearts that it was going to go back to the classics. The blurry leak of H5 gameplay with ADS and sprint is still burned in my memory.

You might be the only person I've seen (lately) mention the ADS thing. I was thinking about it the other day too and how infuriating it is. It makes sense in a game like Call of Duty, but Halo? It's always been zoom only with scoped weapons. I get that in real life you make a concerted effort to aim each weapon you use (if you're trying to actually hit some shit), but why switch it up from what Halo has always done? It's more skillful (in my opinion) and more of a challenge and leads to a higher skillgap with shooting. Plus it just is the way it has been for the first 3 games of the series. But I guess that's another change for competing against CoD or just to make a change because 343 sucks.

is the halo 3 tournament real or was he joking? 

if it's real it's good filler for the off season, plus it can show 343 what a pure halo game with no radar or automatics looks like when played at an extremely high level. 

Would also highlight the strangeness of going from no radar to radar to new fans who don't necessarily agree with our pov. 

Came here for the same question. I haven't seen a thing about this Halo 3 tournament. I'd watch the shit out of it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Came here for the same question. I haven't seen a thing about this Halo 3 tournament. I'd watch the shit out of it.

It's real. Online tourney this Sunday. $1K prize pool. Pros playing. Gonna be hype. People playing in it will be streaming it

Edit: also it's free to enter if anyone here wanted to play in it. http://challonge.com/halo3mlg

• Upvote (+1) 4

It's real. Online tourney this Sunday. $1K prize pool. Pros playing. Gonna be hype. People playing in it will be streaming it

Edit: also it's free to enter if anyone here wanted to play in it. http://challonge.com/halo3mlg

Please tell me all our pro team's are competing under there actual org's, and this is actually being promoted/marketed?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Please tell me all our pro team's are competing under there actual org's, and this is actually being promoted/marketed?

Nope. It was just crowd funded through donations from my friend's stream and spread around by word of mouth for the most part

• Upvote (+1) 3

i love the description

Bugs to keep in mind, since MCC is a broken piece of shit that 343 won't touch with a 10ft stick:

1.  In-game host is determined by the leader of the custom game lobby (343didsomethingright.gif)

-  Your team is advised to select one member to play on host during the tourney, since playing on host takes getting used to and host BR shot registration is "different" to say the least

* Don't select your friend with the Toaster 3000 wifi connection as your dedicated host. Even though 343 took out ping bars (and population counters and party-matching bars) because they are shady and inept, there will be host checks before each series between US teams

-  Everyone should download the maps/gametypes, but your designated host player obviously has to download them

2.  While MCC's lobby problems are nothing like those of 2014, lobbies still break in the following ways:

-  When changing host, which will occur after each game between US based teams for fairness. Just re-invite; it's not either host's fault.

-  When you start the game and it's slow to load, one player may get kicked from the game. You have to re-invite the player and try again. A different person will get kicked each of the next few tries until the problem fixes itself (but_y_tho.jpeg)

* Rule of thumb: don't try playing MCC with multiple accounts signed in. (ur-gonna-have-a-bad-time.png)

• Upvote (+1) 9

(Sorry if this topic has already been brought up, im like 4 days behind in this thread trying to catch up.)

Edit: Not sure how to get the video to post and not just the link, sorry lol  I am so dumb.  :mj:

Was watching this gaming news video this morning, and at the 7:20 mark she discusses how For Honor players, upset with communication and gameplay issues with ubisoft, organized a blackout day on reddit and got a patch to address some issues. Found it interesting and thought i would share.