CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

2017 and kids are still headcasing over names

The person behind the name.

TSM are the only brand I think could actually rival OpTic's social media presence/impact.

FaZe probably too. Some FaZe members have over 1 million followers on Twitter. 

Edit: Didn't see Saucey's post as I was writing this. My idea is very similar.

As much as I don't think it should be the job of pros to have to organize and fight for competitive settings, based off of 343's track record I believe them doing so is the only chance we have at getting the settings that the majority of the community wants.

IMO I think the best thing that could be done at this moment is for pros to communicate with one another and decided to compromise on a list of setting changes that they would like to see (For example, come to a decision whether they want Magnum only starts and whether they want No-Radar, PG Radar 25m, PG Radar 18m, or Current Radar). They won't be able to get 100% agreement but as long as there is a significant majority that shouldn't be a problem. Next, a simple document could be made stating the changes that the pros want to see made and this document (with the names of the players who support it) needs to be sent to 343 as soon as possible as well as made public. Making the document public, will not only let the community get behind it but it would also not allow 343 to do their bullshit PR thing where they state that only some pros or only some of the competitive community members are in favour of X (remember when they tried to say pros liked breakout). In my mind doing something like this would put the most pressure on 343 to listen to the community (besides a boycott which is risky and unrealistic IMO). Of course, they could very easily still not listen but then at least everyone knows the pros and the community tried, had a cohesive and constructive message, and it was ignored.

In short, I agree with all of those saying it would help if pros organized and it doesn't have to be made too complicated: 1) Create a quick poll with 2-5 questions 2) Write out the favoured setting changes in a short document 3) Send the document around to pros and get as many as you can to put their name in support of it 4) Send to 343/post on Team Beyond, Twitter, etc for the community to get behind. Definitely don't think this guarantees us the settings that we want but it definitely can't hurt.

Just my 2 cents

• Upvote (+1) 8

The pros at the very least, need a "united front".

343 is able to get away with keeping everything the same because everyone isnt on the same page. It is a big problem.

Here is what I would do:

1. Appoint a representative from each pro team. (Have each time decide who their rep. is by a certain date).

2. Come to a consensus on what changes the majority of pro players would like instituted. Vote on each major issue that isnt unanimous.

3. Draft these changes into a well organized document / presentation.

4. Appoint a representative to speak for the pro player union as a whole.

5. Have this appointed individual email 343 in an official capacity on behalf of the Halo Professional Community, with the drafted document of proposed changes attached.

Is there any chance that the appointed individual wouldn't be snakebite? lmao
  • Upvote (+1) 8

Guys, boycotting and feedback isn't going to do anything. I'm not even trying to be an ass, I wish it did but you are dealing with people who have a set vision and won't budge from it. It's not about giving up, it's about not wasting your time.

Props to players and others for coming out with criticism, but it's a bit later now. 343i is working on their next title that has the Halo name on it.

Imagine the article titles for that though."Halo pro players boycott tournament,claim their feedback is being ignored".This ladies and gentlemen is what we call a shitstorm of huge proportions.

I believe you're delusional if you think change would not result from something like this.The difficulty is getting something like this to actually happen as multiple people here have pointed out.

FaZe probably too. Some FaZe members have over 1 million followers on Twitter.

It's a shame their Halo experiment failed.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I don't know why but when I match up against pros I start missing the simplest shots when i see their gamertag. The windmill is real.

Dude, it's true; but then I take a screenshot of the kill-feed when I get 'em.

• Upvote (+1) 3

You live in a fantasy world, right?

I mean, people love money, Halo players aren't different. They don't show up? they are fined, they don't get money from 343 and they risk the contract with their org being cancelled.

TL;DR: Money.

The US women's hockey team clearly has more balls than the Halo pros do.

Imagine the article titles for that though."Halo pro players boycott tournament,claim their feedback is being ignored".This ladies and gentlemen is what we call a shitstorm of huge proportions.

I believe you're delusional if you think change would not result from something like this.The difficulty is getting something like this to actually happen as multiple people here have pointed out.

Just like that Kotaku article did?

Like I'm for a collective push, I just don't think the people at top will budge at 343i. It's like they see tweaking and updating as a sign of defeat, when it's the opposite.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The pros at the very least, need a "united front".

343 is able to get away with keeping everything the same because everyone isnt on the same page. It is a big problem.

Here is what I would do:

1. Appoint a representative from each pro team. (Have each time decide who their rep. is by a certain date).

2. Come to a consensus on what changes the majority of pro players would like instituted. Vote on each major issue that isnt unanimous. 

3. Draft these changes into a well organized document / presentation. 

4. Appoint a representative to speak for the pro player union as a whole.

5. Have this appointed individual email 343 in an official capacity on behalf of the Halo Professional Community, with the drafted document of proposed changes attached.

Didn't they already attempt to do this with the "Pro Players Summit"?

• Upvote (+1) 1

This game is coming along nicely it seems. I wonder how it will be competitive wise.

• Upvote (+1) 6

This game is coming along nicely it seems. I wonder how it will be competitive wise.

I'll tell you soon enough. If you want to beta test DM me and I can see if they have another slot available. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So the thing I've kind of come to realize is that even if we do have some major settings changes soon, and those changes are only in one playlist like casuals and competitive players both want, the metrics for success 343 uses likely won't see a huge change at this point in the game's lifestyle so they'll have less reason to do it next time around 

what I mean is, viewership isn't going to change too drastically after 18 months of this game being out, even if we get rid of autos and radar and even sprint. If anything it goes down a bit. So what reason does 343 have to not do this "universal settings" thing with halo 6? 

really the only metric that might change is population, if people who put the game down decide to come back and try out the new stuff. But even that would need a huge spike to spark a change in philosophy at 343. 

Fuck, its like Coalition is trying to fix all mistakes 343 is doing, except they are not doing it for Halo but Gears.

Nah they're just actually competent. I'm glad something so close to 343's situation can be seen to actually have a fucking clue. This is how it gets done by developers that care about their games.

• Upvote (+1) 1

https://twitter.com/EDWSnip3down/status/848984822441807872

Again boycotting wouldn't work because the pros wouldn't be able to set one up. It's just not possible.

Gentlemen's agreements have nothing to do with Dev kits. All the pros could say to each other, "we're not gonna use autos" and people would notice. Or they could troll and only use the Ar.

It worked for removing stasis. No one scrimmed it and everyone vetoed it

Gentlemen's agreements have nothing to do with Dev kits. All the pros could say to each other, "we're not gonna use autos" and people would notice. Or they could troll and only use the Ar.

It worked for removing stasis. No one scrimmed it and everyone vetoed it

Specifically for radar, though. No one can modify the gametypes except for 343 because it loads everyone directly into the game.

• Downvote (-1) 1

If there is an 4-8 person team of pro players, whose sole job is to test Halo 5/6 and help make their game competitive. What are they actually being paid for? Casting? Just making sure games work?

It's obvious Gho57 and Neighbour don't want these settings either, is there any point to them even being at 343 if Quinn just decides all the settings anyway. I don't think De-scope is enough to justify a pro team if that's all they can do after 2-3 years...

• Upvote (+1) 5