CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I think the thing to notice here is that from the beginning Halo has a long history of having SO many amazingly designed, beautiful and uniquely memorable maps, that it's almost impossible to pick a top 5.

And then we got Reach, 4 and 5 maps :simms:

I can name every Halo 1/2/3 map off hand, I struggle with Reach and Halo 4/5 are barely Halo titles so I don't care about naming those ugly ass maps.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can name every Halo 1/2/3 map off hand, I struggle with Reach and Halo 4/5 are barely Halo titles so I don't care about naming those ugly ass maps.

Same, I could probably tell you where and what power weapons spawned on 90% or them and which vehicles they had too. Then we get to reach and everything has just been meh since then

I currently don't have that much available time in my life. Completely unrelated but I haven't see you on spacebattles in forever.

A Spacebattler? Here? Oh my. Yeah esports killed all my time for Halo lore. I tried lurking there with the occasional question but my star faded and I was no longer the recognizable brand that I used to be. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a lifelong Halo kid, GoW is a little too much for me to really get into. I'll be hoping on the Destiny 2 train. I'm sure there will be a eSports scene this time, most likely on PS4 tho  :intensifies:

Crossing my fingers for at least some sort of cross platform. At least for PvE. Its honestly a huge opportunity for everyone involved. plus it's the only shooter I'd be ok with playing PC players with a controller (aiming is 2 EZ).

and drdisrespect doesnt even play h1z1 anymore

they should have fixed their shit

I suspect he and others will be back. Drdisrespect was talking on stream about how much better of a game H1Z1 is over Pub, and its not like H1Z1 is going to take this lying down. The second they fix their game, people will be back (similar to how if MCC was fixed a few months after release, people would have flocked back). 

Pub has flaws of its own, H1Z1 just has more. Once H1Z1 fixes their bugs and makes a ranking system that can compete with Pub, I think it'll be back on top. The reason it has such high viewership is solely because of like...3-4 streamers in Summit, Lirik, and TimTamTheMan. The second those guys move back to H1 or find another game to focus on, H1Z1 will be ahead of it. 

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Gotta admit, I love playing Gears. Played the first three somewhat competitively (GB's), & I used to love back when it was just Execution. Never been a fan of watching it though, especially nowadays where everything just seems clunky & too chaotic. Good to see the scene doing well, the franchise is in good hands & hopefully Gears 5 shakes things up a bit like the Coalition alluded to.

So  NA  OG are the best in Halo, Cod and Gears. Are there any console games where another region is the best at?

FTFY.

H3cz has got to be feeling good. He's made several risky expansion/team moves in the past few years and its going amazingly well.

My eyes are on Luminosity. Really interested to see who they pick up.

I'm guessing whoever it is, it's already a done deal. I doubt El Town would willingly leave a pro seeded team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fix MCC on /r/place needs some help rebuilding/touching up. Seems it got fucked up while I was away.

https://www.reddit.com/r/place/#x=768&y=392

Idk what happened today, it looks like its being changed to green instead of the off green? and idk why they're changing the background from black to cyan, looks awful now.

After seeing the cyan change I started making mcc a better shade of green. Couldn't see it very well before. 

Edit: looks like its back to the off green lmao

After seeing the cyan change I started making mcc a better shade of green. Couldn't see it very well before. 

Edit: looks like its back to the off green lmao

Yeah I figured that was why the green changed happened but why are they changing the black background to cyan? I thought it all looked nice with the black.

As a H2 kid I cannot agree with this enough, H2 is a superior game competitively but H3 from a viewer perspective is just massivly pleasing to watch and an overall more fun expirance imho.

I haven't been on H3 in awhile but it held up visually pretty well from what I remember. H2 held up pretty well too but is obviously dated.

Also can you answer this. Its been on my mind and is of the upmost importance. Thanks.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Absolutely no one has ever said anything to me over shouting out forums/fans etc, honestly no one is that petty to do such a thing. Calling out people and communities is part of the job, we are in this together and on air interaction imo is apart of that.

Thanks Sims.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Absolutely no one has ever said anything to me over shouting out forums/fans etc, honestly no one is that petty to do such a thing. Calling out people and communities is part of the job, we are in this together and on air interaction imo is apart of that.

Are you privy to any information regarding the pro league/new settings? have you had any conversations with anyone from 343 or pro players?

Are you privy to any information regarding the pro league/new settings? have you had any conversations with anyone from 343 or pro players?

Settings come from 343 side so I cant comment on the current status or what the outcome looks like, as for pro league theres just a few final things to lock on with pro players given the feedback from previous seasons. I can say we are still currently in the 'off-season' so transfer windows havent officially opened yet.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

As of now, this is how it is shaping up:

Optic - Royal 2, SnakeBite, Frosty, Lethul

NV - Pistola, Mikwen, Snipedown, Huke

TL - Rayne, Penguin, Stellur, Eco

Str8 - Ace, APG, Heinz, Renegade

LG - Victory X, Ninja, Saiyan, (Need 1)

EG - Lunchbox, Roy, Contra, Ogre 2

CP - Cratos, Str8Sick, Danoxide, Spartan

-----

Splyce - Shooter, Bubu Dubu, Falcated, Shotzzy

Orgless - Naded, eL Town, Trippey, Suspector

Notable F/A  - Commonly, Ryanoob (??), Devonatror (??)

Have to assume that EG is done right?

As a H2 kid I cannot agree with this enough, H2 is a superior game competitively but H3 from a viewer perspective is just massively pleasing to watch and an overall more fun expirance imho.

Viewers and the viewer experience are really secondary concerns. What's much more important is finding out which game people would actually show up for. A CE tournament for instance would be well received from a theoretical pov but I doubt you'd get as good a turnout.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Have to assume that EG is done right?

2gre said on stream he was only competing for world's, so I'd assume so yeah