CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If ryanoob isnt on a pro team come league time i will be severely disappointed

• Upvote (+1) 5

H3_MP_Guardian_Env4.jpg

I don't think anything in the series since Halo 3 looked better than this

In terms of pure aesthetics (not gameplay) for me the most Iconic Halo maps are Blood Gulch, Sanctuary, Guardian, Headlong, The Pit and Narrows. All of those are super unique.

Edit: Holy shit I forgot Zanzibar/Last Resort, one of the most recognisable maps of all time. Lockout has to be up there as well.

Edit 2: MIDSHIP.

• Upvote (+1) 8

So NA are the best in Halo, Cod and Gears. Are there any console games where another region is the best at?

Never going to happen. If they cared about investing on Halo, they would be hosting non-sanctioned Halo 5 tourneys already.

Truth is MLG is not the company it was 10 years ago, or even 5, they are now a top-tier TO with investors behind and owned by an even larger company, so I guess they cannot longer afford to host Halo tourneys without Micro$oft $$$ involved. Anyways, I think if MLG hosted its own non-sanctioned events, doesn't matter if it's H3 or H5, it would help the scene a lot, and yes they probably would lose money by venturing again, but that would help grow the scene.

it has nothing to do with microsoft, its the fact that 343 owns the IP for all halos and could give mlg a cease and desist letter if they were to try to run their own tourneys

Not intel, the team was already announced.  El Town, Suspector, Naded, Trippey

Switch Trippey in for Commonly. But I think this picture and the ALG owner commenting on it has me thinking they might pick them up.  

I got you 

So NA are the best in Halo, Cod and Gears. Are there any console games where another region is the best at?

I don't think any other regions are nearly as invested in console shooters tbh

Are we here at beyond going to put our mark on r/place or nah?

nothing happened with this right? i'm just keeping fix mcc in the /r/halo spot for laughs but if theres a beyond logo somewhere i'll help

• Upvote (+1) 2

El Town has got to get on the grind or something after his recent LAN performances

He played more than fine at worlds.

If LG picks up Hamy, they'll essentially be  OG Renegades:

+ Saiyan

- Spartan

which might be interesting.

Penguin was on the team the same time as Commonly so it would have been +Saiyan -Penguin. Spartan & Stellur were on RNG at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm about ready to give up on halo and go play gears of war.

As a lifelong Halo kid, GoW is a little too much for me to really get into. I'll be hoping on the Destiny 2 train. I'm sure there will be a eSports scene this time, most likely on PS4 tho  :intensifies:

Eunited won Mlg Atlanta and that team is Euros.

They are not euros. All NA boys.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Penguin was on the team the same time as Commonly so it would have been +Saiyan -Penguin. Spartan & Stellur were on RNG at the same time.

I said Renegade, but it was actually the Leftovers squad that was a team until EG picked up Hamy.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Really took you two edits to remember Midship?

smh who the hell picks these mods.

In my defence... I uh... well...

#nobloom

• Upvote (+1) 2

In terms of pure aesthetics (not gameplay) for me the most Iconic Halo maps are Blood Gulch, Sanctuary, Guardian, Headlong, The Pit and Narrows. All of those are super unique.

Edit: Holy shit I forgot Zanzibar/Last Resort, one of the most recognisable maps of all time. Lockout has to be up there as well.

Edit 2: MIDSHIP.

I think the thing to notice here is that from the beginning Halo has a long history of having SO many amazingly designed, beautiful and uniquely memorable maps, that it's almost impossible to pick a top 5.

And then we got Reach, 4 and 5 maps :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I said Renegade, but it was actually the Leftovers squad that was a team until EG picked up Hamy.

Yep you're right. The OG LO that never was b/c Commonly sold out to win a Gold Medal then become the biggest problem Halo has ever seen :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

They are not euros. All NA boys.

Lmao really? I could have sworn they had accents

I guess splyce is the only good European team then

You could play both but grind gears.

I currently don't have that much available time in my life. Completely unrelated but I haven't see you on spacebattles in forever.
  • Upvote (+1) 1