CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Morning all, any additional feedback before we start the day welcome.

Please reduce the breaks between matches! We shouldn't have to wait 10 mins to start a series or watching some gameplay. I love all of you on the desk but the constant "we'll be right back" is grating

1. would like interviews with spectators and more AM players you find around the place, with an emphasis on AM's who we DON'T know. Give them the spotlight.

2. Secondary stream would be nice. I won't say it's a "joke" but you all should know by now to either have it or explain why you don't. We don't have to like the reasons if it's the latter but at least we know. TB will complain but they can't say you weren't communicating. Basically, I feel that the ESL Halo team as a whole has to communicate with us on more things, even if you think it is small. I don't claim and I won't try to guess how and why Halo has been handled like it often times has this past two years but more people have to speak to us about the small things. Obviously you don't have to bullet point how much oxygen was used by everyone but just simple things like why we do not have side stations BEFORE the issue is raised by us would help.

I know people are trying, I know you are all learning, I've seen the steps taken forward. But I also see the steps you take back. And it upsets me, not just because it lessens competitive Halo as a whole, but because the people who try their best get hit with the negativity.

What you have been doing, small things like explaining why people were dressed differently goes a long way in helping people understand everything. So again, ESL Halo as a whole I think, not just you, needs to step up with articles or whatever with their PR people in explaining what is going on and why.

3. We need more videos coming up to the event, I think we had like one hype video like a day before the event? Get the AM's talking, get the pro's talking, talk about how hype it is to have halo at dreamhack alongside other esport giants. We need more leadup and the best part about that kind of thing, is that other people do the talking for the most part, you just edit the video and the scenery. I think this is relatively easy PR and it's one that has never been something really jumped on. There was that one event, we got team videos for optic and nV...and well that's great but other teams exist as well lol

For those interested, here are Down Detector reports for Comcast Atlanta the last 24 hours.  looks good right now, lets hope it stays that way.

DobXDeQ.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm really enjoying Butters' casting. He has a great voice for it, and the way he casts kinda reminds me of Puckett.

If you didn't know already, that's how he kinda "got in" to casting -- by impersonating Puckett.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I feel like this is the first time the stream has started exactly at the end of the countdown. Besides the 6 hour outage, it's been great. 

I really, really, really wish we could watch both Oxygen v Str8 and eRa v his old team :'(

• Upvote (+1) 1

If you didn't know already, that's how he kinda "got in" to casting -- by impersonating Puckett.

His twitch handle for a long time was 'itsmlgpuckett' and so many people thought it was the real Puckett

How come Splyce came 2nd in pro league and they have NV in their quarter? Liquid came 3rd and there is nobody as high in their quarter. This bracket makes no sense.

His twitch handle for a long time was 'itsmlgpuckett' and so many people thought it was the real Puckett

Which also reminds me that his GT was something like Itz MLG Pucket for a while and he'd do commentary in-game just for the laughs for other players. That's where I met him and got to know him a bit at Chattanooga. Love his casting & great personality. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

How come Splyce came 2nd in pro league and they have NV in their quarter? Liquid came 3rd and there is nobody as high in their quarter. This bracket makes no sense.

NV was listed on the bracket twice.  Also, is there a bracket for relegation?  

• Downvote (-1) 1

is the stream stuttering every 30 seconds or so for anybody else?

is the stream stuttering every 30 seconds or so for anybody else?

It was for me after they started the 15 minute countdown but it's fine now.

What is the actual point of starting a stream at 10:30 only to talk about a bunch of nonsense, cut to a break and then not show anything else for close to 20 minutes. Just seems like a massive waste of time and a put off for viewers.

This will end up back at the desk somehow for 15 minutes.

Edit: Apparently it was bathroom breaks. Seems like something that could have been done during the whole desk segment...

• Upvote (+1) 3