CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If your local McDonalds gave you cold burgers at every visit for 3 years straight, would you still go to McDonalds? No. So why the fuck are 343 still using ESL? 

[And the above would apply even without today's internet issues, given the number of problems we've experienced in the past]

• Upvote (+1) 9

Fuck those fanboys. They aren't real fans. The people that appreciate the good and critique the bad to make things better are the real fans.

that's why i despise shills

yes men are bad for halo, bad for anything really 

• Upvote (+1) 2

If you were an org owner, you'd be CRAZY to get into Halo.

The fact that we still have major orgs like Liquid, Optic, Envy and EG is a little insane to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The fact that we still have major orgs like Liquid, Optic, Envy and EG is a little insane to begin with.

over/under at least 3 of them leaving before fall pro league?

I think our biggest fear right now ought to be that 343 has such an aversion to partnering with MLG that they would rather pull the plug on HCS and competitive Halo entirely instead of making the correct choice.

Regardless of what is going on at the venue, this has been problem after problem and issue after issue with the tournament organizers that we've had. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Halo has been reduced to a meme and it's sad. Everything that has happened to this franchise is sad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

over/under at least 3 of them leaving before fall pro league?

Under. I think a lot of those orgs are in and have stayed in because they love Halo and know their fans love Halo.

Now would be the time to start complaining about ESL, they've clearly got the internet working again so why are we stuck staring at a welcome screen?

• Downvote (-1) 9

I wouldn't be surprised if Liquid back out of Halo after Dreamhack Denver considering that they'll need to spend a ton of money to improve their LoL team this Fall.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liquid back out of Halo after Dreamhack Denver considering that they'll need to spend a ton of money to improve their LoL team this Fall.

Liquid has had an insane amount of investment in the last 12-18 months. Dropping Halo would be more due to them seeing it as a wasted investment than the fact they can't afford it.

Che signed us with ESL for 3 years and jumped ship. goddamn it 

put "I ran the biggest console esport tournament ever" on his resume and left

i've always wondered if that was a coincidence 

like if he leveraged HWC into a job with blizzard

• Upvote (+1) 8

Lots of people are now having issues with Twitch not loading the video/chat... 

Edit: on all channels

Yup Twitch is wonking out. 

Lots of people are now having issues with Twitch not loading the video/chat... 

Edit: on all channels

Ya twitch is not even working now. The hell is going on? Zombie apocalypse confirmed. 

Ya twitch is not even working now. The hell is going on? Zombie apocalypse confirmed. 

I guess so many events at once is gonna cause a strain on their systems 

I know we always argue over the extreme lengths people went to in order to compete and attend MLG events back in the day, and how today's AMs are spoilt for wanting cheap flights and good hotels, but to be honest, if I was coming out to play in this shitshow of an event, I wouldn't be prepared to sleep in a car or on a floor. I just wouldn't come. So fair play to AMs for not wanting to make sacrifices, because in the end sacrifice has to be worth it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

TLDR; 64+ teams: The first four rounds in both Winner’s and Loser’s brackets will be Best of 3

TLDR; The first four rounds in Winner’s bracket will be Best of 3; First seven rounds of Loser's bracket will be Best of 3; Relegation matches moved to Saturday

• Upvote (+1) 3