CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

shout out to @@aPG for being a god and sharing the bracket

i filled in the teams

AmAoNNW.jpg

*begins prepping the eg got bracketfucked excuses*

edit: lol at the bottom-tier EU teams being seeded higher than the 7-8 na teams and the fact that two eu teams are guaranteed top 12. i get that it all plays into the making up for EU not getting a lan stuff, but they could have done this in a much smarter manner without ruining the main bracket

splyce's round 1 match will be harder than their round 2 match, lol

• Upvote (+1) 5

*begins prepping the eg got bracketfucked excuses*

edit: lol at the bottom-tier EU teams being seeded higher than the 7-8 na teams

think about it logically, technically the EU teams are PRO teams  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the fuck is wrong with the HCS thread man, it just never stops

FTFY

• Upvote (+1) 7

The worst part is Simms has to be the sponge for others incompetence.

WE LOVE YOU SIMMS.

• Upvote (+1) 1

wait wait wait.... so there cant be more than 64 teams because of a fire hazard.  Yet they are letting the people who are on the waiting list play FFA?  So the same amount of people will potentially be there, and the goal of the 64 team cap was to limit the people because of the fire hazard.  ?

Just casually give Mixer the clickable link and not Twitch.

WlrbYoh.png

The subtle, but effective marketing strategy.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

wait wait wait.... so there cant be more than 64 teams because of a fire hazard.

It's like the worlds main stage all over again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not silly. This is like a conversation I had with a work colleague about women's only gyms. He said "women weren't allowed to go to the gym, then they caused a fuss now they can but now they have their own gyms! It's so hypocritical!".

This guy was, of course, a long term single who struggles to hold a relationship.

It's not hypocritical for women though. Why? Because statistically women get sexually harassed is why. You think the workplace is bad? The gym can be worse when they're wearing fitness attire and sweating. Immature and unempathetic men will harass them. Not saying it's always going to happen, and I'm certainly not saying it's all men, but it's common enough to be a massive issue.

If the gym is that bad, imagine the internet. Female Pro League is set up to allow them to compete whilst knowing they won't get harassed by their opponents and fans of their opponents for having breasts.

That's why it's not silly. If more men grew up and were respectful, this wouldn't happen. If you have mixed gender friends you'd know that it's very common, especially if you're close enough for them to talk about it.

So yes, segregation can be bad, but in this case it's for a logical reason and I think a good one.

tenor.gif

wait wait wait.... so there cant be more than 64 teams because of a fire hazard.  Yet they are letting the people who are on the waiting list play FFA?  So the same amount of people will potentially be there, and the goal of the 64 team cap was to limit the people because of the fire hazard.  ?

uhhh, idk about all that lol

the team cap never had anything to do with a fire hazard and everything to do with time management

the team cap is now at 128, and the first few rounds of the open bracket are Bo3 instead of Bo5

• Upvote (+1) 2

i keep looking at the bracket and it keeps making me mad

eu teams playing eachother in WR1 is beyond stupid

you can argue that it's all part of compensating for there being no EU LAN by ensuring that two eu teams earn at least $4,500, but it shouldn't take severe compromising of the main bracket to make that happen

• Upvote (+1) 3

Just checked and saw this. (aha)Wow.(ow)

• Upvote (+1) 5

i keep looking at the bracket and it keeps making me mad

I'm not really sure how else they would do it honestly.

The #1 seed going into the tournament should always play the lowest seed from open bracket, and so on and so forth for the remainder of the top 8 (top 6 in this case) teams, which is how this bracket is set up.  Just seems like they sprinkled in the EU teams where they could... Shitty for EU but they should be used to getting screwed by now.

I'm not really sure how else they would do it honestly.

The #1 seed going into the tournament should always play the lowest seed from open bracket, and so on and so forth for the remainder of the top 8 teams (which is how this bracket is set up).  Just seems like they sprinkled in the EU teams where they could... Shitty for EU but they should be used to getting screwed by now.

It's not shitty for them at all. It guarantees that two EU teams will make Winners Round 2, guaranteeing them at least a top 12 finish and $4,500. They should have been given seeds 9-12 or 13-16 instead.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's not shitty for them at all. It guarantees that two EU teams will make Winners Round 2, guaranteeing them at least a top 12 finish and $4,500. They should have been given seeds 9-12 or 13-16 instead.

I was more so referring to the fact that it's EU vs EU right off the bat. I guess I just think it's sorta weird.

"Strongest player smurf retention since Halo 3"

Serious question, is there any game in existence that has a good system against smurfs?

It just seems like such a hard thing to program for.

Serious question, is there any game in existence that has a good system against smurfs?

Not really.  If you're only "above average" then your smurf account will quickly be placed "above average" after just a few games, but for higher level players it takes longer for the account to reach that tier so they'll player lesser skilled players for longer.

Could just IP/Console ban but that's an easy workaround and unfair if you have two legit users on the same console.

You just need to implement a minimum level requirement for ranked play. Let's you need a minimum of level 50 to play ranked.