CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

And you can't prove that you actually dislike the game :intensifies:

accidental neg

and also, that's not relevant

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Name literally one person that enjoys H5.

I'll be waiting.

There probably is only one person.

He/she just has a bunch of smurfs.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There probably is only one person.

He/she just has a bunch of smurfs.

"Strongest player smurf retention since Halo 3"

• Upvote (+1) 5

the NBA is getting rid of Home/Away jerseys next season and i think we should do the same

fuck that old school bungie Red/Blue shiiiiiit

now we're rocking:

Green/Purple

Yellow/Pink

Orange/Magenta 

top seed picks what color they want

• Upvote (+1) 4

the NBA is getting rid of Home/Away jerseys next season and i think we should do the same

now we're rocking:

Green/Purple

Yellow/Pink

Orange/Magenta 

White vs Black please

• Upvote (+1) 3

now we're rocking:

Green/Purple

Yellow/Pink

Orange/Magenta

I like how in Blops 3 and IW the team colours in competitive were the literal team colours. Optic green, Faze red etc.

• Upvote (+1) 6

It's not silly. This is like a conversation I had with a work colleague about women's only gyms. He said "women weren't allowed to go to the gym, then they caused a fuss now they can but now they have their own gyms! It's so hypocritical!".

This guy was, of course, a long term single who struggles to hold a relationship.

It's not hypocritical for women though. Why? Because statistically women get sexually harassed is why. You think the workplace is bad? The gym can be worse when they're wearing fitness attire and sweating. Immature and unempathetic men will harass them. Not saying it's always going to happen, and I'm certainly not saying it's all men, but it's common enough to be a massive issue.

If the gym is that bad, imagine the internet. Female Pro League is set up to allow them to compete whilst knowing they won't get harassed by their opponents and fans of their opponents for having breasts.

That's why it's not silly. If more men grew up and were respectful, this wouldn't happen. If you have mixed gender friends you'd know that it's very common, especially if you're close enough for them to talk about it.

So yes, segregation can be bad, but in this case it's for a logical reason and I think a good one.

Image if Jackie Robinson and other early pioneers of African Americans in professional sports had chosen to stay in "black only" sports leagues because they didn't want to deal with ridicule.

Esports is in its infancy. Encouraging segregation sends a poor message. It reinforces the negative behaviour that so many males online have towards women. "Keep acting the way you are. It's up to THEM to go where they belong".

The more you normalise women gamers the less shocked male gamers will be when they come in to contact with them.

I see both sides of the female only gym debate(if you can call it that). I personally do not know any women who hit the gym that opt for female only gyms though.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5

Image if Jackie Robinson and other early pioneers of African Americans in professional sports had chosen to stay in "black only" sports leagues because they didn't want to deal with ridicule.

Esports is in its infancy. Encouraging segregation sends a poor message. It reinforces the negative behaviour that so many males online have towards women. "Keep acting the way you are. It's up to THEM to go where they belong".

The more you normalise women gamers the less shocked male gamers will be when they come in to contact with them.

I see both sides of the female only gym debate(if you can call it that). I personally do not know any women who hit the gym that opt for female only gyms though.

Man, what a twisted way of thinking. Rather than put the onus on men to stop acting like Neanderthals whenever a female comes around, it should be up to women to put up with harassment, until the day that men can learn to accept their presence?...

There is are many BIG differences between Jackie Robinson and the integration of pro baseball and HCS, one of which is that HCS is and has always been open. Females can and have participated. A female pro league in no way inhibits their ability to participate in HCS as well. It does, however give them an opportunity to have fun playing without having to deal with pigs.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Don't know if it has been announced publicly, but EU have the 7th, 8th, and 9th seeds. So this is how the bracket will play out12c81f7cc96082b04d620b27308a46cf.png

10th seed too. I've been posting about it. Nv, e.g., and LG get screwed

I need to unpack this a little bit.

This is a woefully unfair comparison so I'll keep it brief: black people were slaves and their history within the US is marred with racism and bias. Women are 50% of any given population. This is a enormous difference that makes this comparison as unfair as the term "didn't want to deal with ridicule".

No-one is encouraging segregation. If it was encouraging segregation the FPL would be saying things like "We're way better. Come join us." I'm yet to see anything like this. Also esports is certainly not in it's infancy. Esports is in puberty, trying to find it's identity.

As to your second point, if you believe this is reinforcing negative behaviour towards women then you are just projecting that onto them. Women are yet to come into a top online league so it's new territory for them. Having a place where they can compete at a less high level could bring them confidence to move into a higher tier of competition. You're thinking of it in black and white "us and them" which is unhealthy. Think of it more as a Dorito's Combine (pro's can't compete, making it a fairer field of battle for the newer players) but talent can be found from within it's ranks. Please, and I can't stress this enough, remember that women are harrassed on the internet like there's no tomorrow so this is a good way to get more of them into the esports fields.

I know what you're trying to say here, but I feel you could have worded it better. I'm sure there are little kiddies that get shocked when they meet women gamers (or women in any occupation really) and normalising them would be good (for society as a whole as well), but that's a whole new level of philosophy that a HCS discussion is not the right place for. 

The point is, try and change your view of one of segregaton to one that FPL and others like it is a launching platform for women gamers to (if they desire) move into more mainstream gaming leagues. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man, what a twisted way of thinking. Rather than put the onus on men to stop acting like Neanderthals whenever a female comes around, it should be up to women to put up with harassment, until the day that men can learn to accept their presence?...

There is a BIG difference between Jackie Robinson and the integration of pro baseball and HCS, in that HCS is and has always been open. Females can and have participated. A female pro league in no way inhibits their ability to participate in HCS as well. It does, however give them an opportunity to have fun playing without having to deal with pigs.

How is the negative behaviour which is caused by segregation going to get any better with further segregation?

Males act in a ridiculous manner online when they run into women due to having little contact with women online (and/or in real life).

Increasing contact is how you solve this issue.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalization_(sociology)

The more normalised contact with females online becomes the less negative the interactions will be.

• Downvote (-1) 2

The more normalised contact with females online becomes the less negative the interactions will be.

Dude sexual harassment has been an issue for a long time. Simply thinking it's because of lack of contact is absolutely delusional. Outside of gaming, sexual harassment happens where there are several female/male interactions. Even in industries like modeling, but also in just common places like offices or grocery stores. Or gyms like mentioned above.

Anyway, I think that bracket looks pretty normal, maybe I'm missing something. EU gets a little help but doesn't seem to be a huge deal.

Stoked for this weekend. Can't wait!

• Upvote (+1) 1

How is the negative behaviour which is caused by segregation going to get any better with further segregation?

Males act in a ridiculous manner online when they run into women due to having little contact with women online (and/or in real life).

Increasing contact is how you solve this issue.

Men being sexist pigs isn't CAUSED by segregation.

It's caused by having shitty personalities and broken moral compasses. If you have an uncontrollable urge to be an asshole anytime you encounter a group you are unfamiliar with, then your problems run deeper than limited interaction. for example, I can probably count on one hand how many Asian people I've interacted with in my 28 years of life, but i have no urge to make the Asian people i encounter feel uncomfortable... because Im not a piece of shit and i know better.

Beyond that Every prick on the planet has a mom, grandma and most have aunts, sisters and even daughters... these clowns know how women should be treated (like human beings) , they just choose not to. Forcing women to interact with these 'men' isn't going to solve anything.

Edit: btw, normalization in sociology refers to exposure to beliefs and behaviors. So there's no normalization excuse for gamers not to be able to handle themselves around females.

• Upvote (+1) 5