CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

but like...it's not like pro callouts are uniform either. there's as much variance there too.

Nah for the most part they are very uniform.

1) Thats not necessarily true. When i played softball (all ages) there were plenty of over-40 players that could beat the shit out of the 20 and 30 year olds. They were legit better. Part of it might be that some people can't hang, but mostly people play in those leagues because they want to play with their friends.

2) If they want to compete in the main tourneys, they can absolutely do that. There is no barrier there. THAT is when segregation is a problem. When artificial barrier are put in place to keep "others" from being involved, not when you setup a separate club to ATTRACT people that may not have otherwise been interested. From there, they are encouraging women to participate in the main events (ie Dreamhack). I fail to see how that chain of events is a bad thing.

Segregation encourages others to follow suit and stay away from the "mens" stuff.

It's silly.

I see it all the time with youth hockey. Young girls will go play girls only hockey. Even at young ages where they're bigger then the boys and there's no body contact.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Ok i don't have an international card to make donations, and I was calling you out because you said something along the lines of "nobody enjoys playing H5" when that is ridiculous. If we had a better Esport management H5 could have been huge maybe 256 teams LANs were posible if we had better day1 management.

better management and a non broken game would be helpful

• Upvote (+1) 1

better management and a non broken game would be helpful

MLG/Activison made COD an Esport, everything is posible with good management.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

MLG/Activison made COD an Esport, everything is posible with good management.

but cod doesnt have broken aiming

• Upvote (+1) 1

but cod doesnt have broken aiming

Does that even matters to make a decent Esport ??. Hearthstone is literally random and is huge.

Biggest Ben

You can't prove that you aren't a 343 shill and actually like the game, though.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

One thing that would instantly make H5 a bigger esport: LAN

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does that even matters to make a decent Esport ??. Hearthstone is literally random and is huge.

TCGs inherently have an element of RNG playing a role. whether or not you will be able to turn properly or have a shot connect is not something any FPS should have. lets be honest here, without the money, how many competitors would stick around for lands where the tournament has to be paused to fix aiming on the dedicated server? an esport needs to have more than money behind it, it needs to have a game worth playing

• Downvote (-1) 1

TCGs inherently have an element of RNG playing a role. whether or not you will be able to turn properly or have a shot connect is not something a good FPS should have. lets be honest here, without the money, how many competitors would stick around for lands where the tournament has to be paused to fix aiming on the dedicated server?

You can't prove that you aren't a 343 shill and actually like the game, though.

And you can't prove that you actually dislike the game  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean it probably doesn't help that Falcated (along with a lot of the younger kids) doesn't enunciate his words properly. Half the sentences that come out of their mouths come out like garbled half mumbles half slurs and end in "bro like."

• Upvote (+1) 4

are you from the past or from the future? if the past, enjoy burbank, but get to the venue early. if the future, i hope burbank is nice

I'm mocking the fact that the world's venue was worse then a season finals event.

There's no salt, I mean if you don't have the confidence to take it but constantly want to shell out misinformed hits about us then that's fine. I just wanted to see if your wallet matched that keyboard of yours. I hope Halo has 128+ teams this weekend, let's have some fun with it and donate to a good cause.

Did you seriously brag with 50$ ? And asked if someone could match that?

This thread can get so weird at times.

Edit: seems like I picked it up wrong, blame it on not being a native english speaker. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

I mean it probably doesn't help that Falcated (along with a lot of the younger kids) doesn't enunciate his words properly. Half the sentences that come out of their mouths come out like garbled half mumbles half slurs and end in "bro like."

Bro ... like... i .... can't ... omg...
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Did you seriously brag with 50$ ? And asked if someone could match that?

This thread can get so weird at times.

In what world is proposing a bet (in a relatively modest amount at that) bragging about money?

• Upvote (+1) 1

"I have 50$ for Gamers Outreach if you are right, can you match that?"  "show if your wallet matches that keyboard of yours"

Came off as really douchey sentences.

On topic:  I seriously doubt there will be 128 teams at Dreamhack 

Wasn't meant to be douchey. I was just saying if you're going to come at the staff like that (at random) on hearsay, let's have a fun wager about it and have it go to a good cause. It's a win/win in my books.

• Upvote (+1) 1