CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Its funny. We call out the twins for not playing enough and not performing to their historical greatness. Clearly they are the problem on that team.

But i bet that EG loves them. They put on a good show at the events they are asked to attend. They have kept that roster more stable than most teams. They are recognizable faces, like them or not, in the Halo community. And despite not performing to the standards they set for themselves "back in the day" they have still never had to fight through relegation to stay in the league.

Edit: And if im going to throw a wild theory out there with no back-up information....

I bet that you really only need to run a full 13 game scrim 3 days a week to be a great team. BUT you better be playing with your team in some capacity, talking shop during that time, 6 days a week.

4 days of only playing with your team during scrims then fighting about it for 30 minutes afterward isn't gonna cut it.

For sure if it wasn't for the twins I wouldn't care about EG. The only reason I follow EG is for the twins that reminds me of the golden era.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Are sequels that look and play similar to the original a foreign concept to only Halo fans or something?

It's very literally not DLC, and even just the beta shows that pretty much everything has been retouched for better gameplay, not to mention the sheer amount of content the full game will have, likely including a dozen new maps, and a huge campaign and massive loot system. Which yes, is similar to the original Destiny, but it is not like Bungie reused 80% of all content from the first game and filled in the rest with 2 extra story missions another raid and a couple pvp maps. 

It's a sequel, not DLC.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Are sequels that look and play similar to the original a foreign concept to only Halo fans or something?

It looks EXACTLY the same as Destiny 1. The difference is less than the difference between yearly COD releases and that's saying something. In a game that is partly within a genre that shouldn't even have sequels (MMOs), it's a bit of an insult to the games fans. Many would argue that Destiny should never have had sequels but instead large expansion packs.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

This team with Renegade instead of Falcated did make it to grand finals in the Atria tourney this weekend, beating NV along the way.

Saw that. Just seems like unlikely that Renegade would leave Splyce to me.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Can someone please explain this player/team cap thing to me, it seems so confusing and doesn't make sense

• Upvote (+1) 2

it seems so confusing and doesn't make sense

Welcome to the HCS!

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Can someone please explain this player/team cap thing to me, it seems so confusing and doesn't make sense

TLDR - Its was capped at 64 teams, now its been raised to 128.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Basically, instead of saying X number of teams can sign up for this tournament they said X number of players could.  So if someone registered a team that only had 2 members on it, instead of counting as 4 players against the cap, it was only counting for 2. Since the cap was supposed to be 64 teams, it was letting people add partial teams past the 64 team limit since the player cap hadn't been reached.   If say their friends hadn't gotten around to adding themselves to the team yet, then the player cap was hit, they wouldn't be able to add themselves and you would be stuck with half a team.  

It was stupid basically.  They should have been counting teams, not players, and counting each paid team as 1 team regardless of how many players were on it.

It's entirely possible that they have been doing this for the last 2 years and we just never had enough teams registered for it to be a problem.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lol at EG losing to Str8 , if the twins keep getting these free weekends may aswell retire.

Lunch and tapping are clearly the two best on the team. I don't know why they don't listen to lunchs callouts. Roy is lost, and fal always seems indifferent. Even his callouts have some disdain to them
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Lunch and tapping are clearly the two best on the team. I don't know why they don't listen to lunchs callouts. Roy is lost, and fal always seems indifferent. Even his callouts have some disdain to them

ROY doesn't what is going on half the time, and Fal is very hot and cold, has a good sniper tho.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Dude what Falcated is a fantastic player and is easily on par with Lunch and Tapping.

Who else is excited for worlds.

Great teams, great competition, great venue. Every worlds should be like this.

are you from the past or from the future? if the past, enjoy burbank, but get to the venue early. if the future, i hope burbank is nice

• Upvote (+1) 3

But you needed to throw us into the post? Right.

I understand man if you don't want to, it's easy to talk down to others but when some playful betting happens then it's totally different :)

Ok i don't have an international card to make donations, and I was calling you out because you said something along the lines of "nobody enjoys playing H5" when that is ridiculous. If we had a better Esport management H5 could have been huge maybe 256 teams LANs were posible if we had better day1 management.
  • Upvote (+1) 6

I just wish that they used pro callout names instead of the default ones because I have no idea where half those spots are. Should probably show pictures too.

but like...it's not like pro callouts are uniform either. there's as much variance there too.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ok i don't have an international card to make donations, and I was calling you out because you said something along the lines of "nobody enjoys playing H5" when that is ridiculous. If we had a better Esport management H5 could have been huge maybe 256 teams LANs were posible if we had better day1 management.

No one enjoys Halo 5 is a hyperbole comment by me. I'm just saying people aren't playing it in droves like they once did.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You should try doing a little reading about the female experience online/in gaming. It might help you understand a little better.

I have a wife who occasionally plays MCC with me.

I understand lol.

It's just not going to get any better if the women who do play games segregate themselves.

Name literally one person that enjoys H5.

I'll be waiting.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 5