CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Roy's response was so good. H6 plz

H2a wasn't popular either. The game needs to have a good matchmaking system at launch regardless if it's advanced m movement or classic.

I wish they would put the hcs logo on hcs maps, like EVO did. It can be done in forge too.

Best of 3 is the best option even with planning. Open brackets are ridiculously difficult to run for a multitude of reasons.

That's jokr, an old MLG employee.

Also can't split screen to double the amount of usable stations. Only upside is H5 games are fairly short, except Fathom.

"Looking at the information available to me, based on where the event is occurring, I think we're going to be pretty close to 128. - jokr

Whoa. If that happens, it'd be the most teams since h3?

"Looking at the information available to me, based on where the event is occurring, I think we're going to be pretty close to 128. - jokr

No, MLG Columbus 2011 (Halo Reach) had 190. 4/6 events of 2011 HR had more teams.

No Bloom No Sprint in 2012 also got 174 teams in Winter Championships

The biggest halo (and overall MLG open) of all time is still Orlando 2008 - 272 teams.

Roy's response was so good. H6 plz

Why am i blocked? WHAT DID I DO NOOOOHOHOHOOO.

Also, about the female pro league. Its a good thing (for now). The barrier of entry isnt skill ceiling obviously, its that the pro-gaming scene is currently a "boys club". This is not just halo either. Competitive gaming is not a friendly environment for female players in general. Anybody who has played with a girl on their team in a competitive playlist (halo or other) for more than few games has heard the disgusting shit that some randoms will say not because of a bad play, but simply because they are female. The most public instances of this are with Overwatch (just google it. Its disgusting) but it happens everywhere.

If a female pro league removes that aspects and attracts female players to a more competitive environment that otherwise may not have been, that will be good in the long run.

Ideally, none of this would be a concern obviously and a separate league wouldnt be necessary but thats not the world we currently live in.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

To any AMs going deep into the open bracket, dont expect to sleep. This is gonna be a shit show.

I don't understand the need to spin this as a bad thing. To ESL's credit, they played this about as well as they could have (given the circumstances they created to be fair)

They found a way to reasonably make sure that every player who paid for a flight and pass to DH gets to play with the people they intended to, or at all for that matter. There isn't a single AM player on the wait list (or a fractured team) who wouldn't rather play late than not at all.

• Upvote (+1) 3

128 teams ?? Wow good showing, weird the mods in this Forums told me that nobody enjoyed playing H5.

A lot of people dont enjoy playing H5 as much as they enjoy competing.  One overrides the other.

Also, Dreamhack isn't just a tourney.  Its a giant show with so many other competitive games on display.  Half the people going probably know they are going to get 3rd rounded then will spend the rest of their time wandering around the venue, seeing game demos, watching other competitions.  Half the draw is for the event.

Thats why getting into dreamhack was such a good move.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

A lot of people dont enjoy playing H5 as much as they enjoy competing.  One overrides the other.

Also, Dreamhack isn't just a tourney.  Its a giant show with so many other competitive games on display.  Half the people going probably know they are going to get 3rd rounded then will spend the rest of their time wandering around the venue, seeing game demos, watching other competitions.  Half the draw is for the event.

Thats why getting into dreamhack was such a good move.

There's also a :fire: Waka Flocka Flame :fire:  concert at Dreamhack on Friday night.

• Upvote (+1) 4

H2a wasn't popular either. The game needs to have a good matchmaking system at launch regardless if it's advanced m movement or classic.

H2A was also a very minimal content release, plagued with massive stability issues, matchmaking issues, that weren't fixed in a timely manner whatsoever (5 months after release). Hard to gauge the current popularity of classic Halo when the most recent iteration was outright unplayable for the majority of the population. 

Halo 3 would of died a quick death if it took 5 months after release to work in a somewhat acceptable but disappointing fashion. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

128 teams ?? Wow good showing, weird the mods in this Forums told me that nobody enjoyed playing H5.

If Halo ends up with 128 (full) teams this weekend I'll donate $50 to Gamers Outreach. If not, can you match it?

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I wish they would put the hcs logo on hcs maps, like EVO did. It can be done in forge too.

H2A was a remake and part of a broken collection.

No conclusions can be drawn based on it other then sub sections of broken collection of remakes aren't popular.

Why am i blocked? WHAT DID I DO NOOOOHOHOHOOO.

Also, about the female pro league. Its a good thing (for now). The barrier of entry isnt skill ceiling obviously, its that the pro-gaming scene is currently a "boys club". This is not just halo either. Competitive gaming is not a friendly environment for female players in general. Anybody who has played with a girl on their team in a competitive playlist (halo or other) for more than few games has heard the disgusting shit that some randoms will say not because of a bad play, but simply because they are female. The most public instances of this are with Overwatch (just google it. Its disgusting) but it happens everywhere.

If a female pro league removes that aspects and attracts female players to a more competitive environment that otherwise may not have been, that will be good in the long run.

Ideally, none of this would be a concern obviously and a separate league wouldnt be necessary but thats not the world we currently live in.

Yikes is this ever concerning logic.

Segregation only ever serves to fuel ignorance and animosity.

• Downvote (-1) 2

Why so salty

There's no salt, I mean if you don't have the confidence to take it but constantly want to shell out misinformed hits about us then that's fine. I just wanted to see if your wallet matched that keyboard of yours. I hope Halo has 128+ teams this weekend, let's have some fun with it and donate to a good cause.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

There's no salt, I mean if you don't have the confidence to take it but constantly want to shell out misinformed hits about us then that's fine. I just wanted to see if your wallet matched that keyboard of yours. I hope Halo has 128+ teams this weekend, let's have some fun with it and donate to a good cause.

I was just repeating what someone said, that 128 were in .

I was just repeating what someone said, that 128 were in .

But you needed to throw us into the post? Right.

I understand man if you don't want to, it's easy to talk down to others but when some playful betting happens then it's totally different :)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Yikes is this ever concerning logic.

Segregation only ever serves to fuel ignorance and animosity.

When its forced sure.  When its selective?  it depends. 

What you just said is a gross oversimplification.

• Upvote (+1) 5

When its forced sure. When its selective? it depends.

What you just said is a gross oversimplification.

Do you have any examples of selective segregation that has actively facilitated positive growth?

Segragating yourself may make life easier in the short term but it most certainly does not do any good in the long run.

But you needed to throw us into the post? Right.

I understand man if you don't want to, it's easy to talk down to others but when some playful betting happens then it's totally different :)

you can always tell how much someone believes in their sass when it's time to put up

• Upvote (+1) 1

seriously though. Why can't they do this. They change weapon layouts on maps after a season and have these as ___ HCS. Surely it would only take a little time to add the logo to this version of the map. But I only know fake code, so what do I know