CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

ESL has been capping their tournaments from the start. It just hasn't mattered very often because they host so many tournaments in west coast locations, where there's been notoriously low turnouts in Halo history. I've always assumed it's because they're too cheap to shell out for more equipment or hire more people to ref/run the events.

We can but try my friend, we can but try.

Twitter open all weekend long guys, any issues @ me and will pass along. Another advantage of been on the desk for 2 days is I can help provide and communicate if things need to be resolved, doesn't matter what it is or what manner, feedback is feedback but hoping we can deliver you all a sterling show 1st time, on time.

I have a request: when "The forums" get mentioned, can you sneak in "The forums of course being the Team Beyond forums"?

• Upvote (+1) 3

this 1000x. Never forget that it was Bungie who introduced abilities and sprint to Halo

I usually don't understand your posts, but this fact I believe is easily forgotten. Bungie put sprint in Halo, 343 just didn't have the balls to remove it.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I usually don't understand your posts, but this fact I believe is easily forgotten. Bungie put sprint in Halo, 343 just didn't have the balls to remove it.

I wonder what the common denominator is here between:

Bungie Destiny

Bungie Halo

343 Halo

That might have all three of them permanently including sprint and abilities in their games...

(Spoiler: All of them are partnered with a publisher that utilizes Focus Group testing for their games.)

Bungie Destiny

Bungie Halo

343 Halo

That might have all three of them permanently including sprint and abilities in their games...

At first, I had no idea what you were going on about. Those 3 phrases have no letters in common. BUT, if you spell out 343 as "three four three," you find that there are in fact two letters in common between all three games.

The problem is EU. I get it now. #Brexit

• Upvote (+1) 1

Bungie Destiny

Bungie Halo

343 Halo

"We feel we wanted the game to be fast."

The game looks like DLC for Destiny 1 so probably not.

They didn't reinvent the wheel. Which is a good thing.

Change for the sake of change is not a good thing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

The game needed 60 fps on console but they failed to do that. Yes it was incredibly successful but 30 fps made the shooting inferior to other shooters with 60fps in my opinion.

H5 is 60fps and the shooting feels like complete shit due to the wonky aiming.

I am certainly not trying to shit on either Knighty Knight or Cornbread XBL.... BUT I keep seeing Tweets about how that duo did such an amazing job during the Atria tournament. I'm not alone in believing that those are the two worst commentators I've EVER seen for any Halo event that I've ever watched, right? I'm not exaggerating, either. I truly believe that their performance was absolutely awful (which obviously sounds very harsh, but that's truly how I see it).

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am certainly not trying to shit on either Knighty Knight or Cornbread XBL.... BUT I keep seeing Tweets about how that duo did such an amazing job during the Atria tournament. I'm not alone in believing that those are the two worst commentators I've EVER seen for any Halo event that I've ever watched, right? I'm not exaggerating, either. I truly believe that their performance was absolutely awful (which obviously sounds very harsh, but that's truly how I see it).

Link to this? I caught Knighty at Daytona and thought he was awesome but my event experience was almost 100% different from those watching the stream from what I've read.

No one is worse than Strongside.
  • Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Link to this? I caught Knighty at Daytona and thought he was awesome but my event experience was almost 100% different from those watching the stream from what I've read.

Link to what exactly? 

Did you watch the Atria tournament? Strongside certainly isn't the best, but I wouldn't dare say he's worse than stuttering & mispronouncing commentators.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Except every single person that does the E3 presentations. Why they can't hire someone with at least one gram of charisma?

• Upvote (+1) 2

same always disliked knighty as a commentator.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I am certainly not trying to shit on either Knighty Knight or Cornbread XBL.... BUT

I'm not alone in believing that those are the two worst commentators I've EVER seen for any Halo event that I've ever watched, right? I'm not exaggerating, either. 

hzUCUmM.jpg

I'm a fan of telling it how it is BUT c'mon man, these guys read this forum often. Is it that hard to be a decent human and just say you aren't a fan? 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Link to what exactly? 

Did you watch the Atria tournament? Strongside certainly isn't the best, but I wouldn't dare say he's worse than stuttering & mispronouncing commentators.

To the broadcast that he commentated in. I'm not aware what the Atria tournament even was but if you are saying his commentary is bad I was just wondering if there were examples. I actually haven't heard anything substantial except for Daytona.

hzUCUmM.jpg

I'm a fan of telling it how it is BUT c'mon man, these guys read this forum often. Is it that hard to be a decent human and just say you aren't a fan? 

I semi-know both Cornbread and Knighty Knight. I like them both as individuals and their performance as commentators does not impact my opinion of them as people. I tried to make it clear that I was NOT exaggerating and I was NOT trying to shit on them as people. What I was trying to do with what you highlighted in my post was to convey the message that my degree of distaste for their commentary wasn't and isn't light. I'm being entirely truthful with that statement and it gets across my point as accurately as I can get it across.

I've seen a lot of praise for their commentary and I can't help but think that it stems from the fact that they're both good people and very passionate about Halo.

To the broadcast that he commentated in. I'm not aware what the Atria tournament even was but if you are saying his commentary is bad I was just wondering if there were examples. I actually haven't heard anything substantial except for Daytona.

Yeah, for sure, here you go: 

I just didn't understand exactly what you were asking haha

It was from a $4k tournament the other day

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1