CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

You have a point about the customs server browser but idk if anyone even really uses it, I never even used it once.

I use it every couple of days. For octagon and for the days I want to relax and mess around but don't want to play super fiesta for the 20th time that day.

I play at one of the slowest times for halo 5 and there's sometimes 100 joinable custom games

• Upvote (+1) 5

I hope the casters provided everyone with an enjoyable experience whatever weekend this tournament is. 

We can but try my friend, we can but try.

Twitter open all weekend long guys, any issues @ me and will pass along. Another advantage of been on the desk for 2 days is I can help provide and communicate if things need to be resolved, doesn't matter what it is or what manner, feedback is feedback but hoping we can deliver you all a sterling show 1st time, on time.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I use it every couple of days. For octagon and for the days I want to relax and mess around but don't want to play super fiesta for the 20th time that day.

I play at one of the slowest times for halo 5 and there's sometimes 100 joinable custom games

really? wow... sounds like i'm missing out

i'll give it a try later when i get home from work

Are you observing? Because we all know you're the god tier observer. :fire: :fire:

I'll suggest it at rehearsals but it's probably too late to get full time observers in place at this stage. I'll be POV switching every series I cast though :)

• Upvote (+1) 2

We can but try my friend, we can but try.

Twitter open all weekend long guys, any issues @ me and will pass along. Another advantage of been on the desk for 2 days is I can help provide and communicate if things need to be resolved, doesn't matter what it is or what manner, feedback is feedback but hoping we can deliver you all a sterling show 1st time, on time.

I'm going to tell you how much you suck in person.

really? wow... sounds like i'm missing out

i'll give it a try later when i get home from work

Really? You've been missing out lol

One of my favorite things is to help ppl test out custom games they are making.

• Upvote (+1) 1

VGuE70A.jpg

I don't know if it is just me or not but I would rather haver the opportunity to match up with 900k+ players than 20k+

When Halo was king.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

hqdefault.jpg

America is the greatest country in the world.

FUCK YEAH 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You're right! We have Warzone 1, Warzone 2, Warzone 3, Warzone PvP, team arena 1, team arena 2 (HCS), 2v2 team arena, FFA arena, etc

So much variety!

You have a point about the customs server browser but idk if anyone even really uses it, I never even used it once

If you honestly think H5 has anywhere near the variety of game play that h3 does then you need to seek help, H5 is a shell of a game.

H5 was a shell of a game when it was launched, not now ... I played H3 for years and H5 for years, and H5's current variety of gameplay is way higher than H3.  If you don't like H5 for other reasons, that's fine, but there are more playlists and more variety in H5.  (Using your airtight logic, H3 just had two near-identical FFAs, two near-identical Slayers, Grifball, and MLG!  Checkmate Bungie!)  

I use customs server all the time, there are Team Beyond FFAs, octagon, H2/H3 throwback settings, 16-man fiesta nonsense, etc.; honestly surprised more people don't use this, legitimately the best thing to happen to Halo in many years

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

H5 was a shell of a game when it was launched, not now ... I played H3 for years and H5 for years, and H5's current variety of gameplay is way higher than H3. If you don't like H5 for other reasons, that's fine, but there are more playlists and more variety in H5. (Using your airtight logic, H3 just had two near-identical FFAs, two near-identical Slayers, Grifball, and MLG! Checkmate Bungie!)

I use customs server all the time, there are Team Beyond FFAs, octagon, H2/H3 throwback settings, 16-man fiesta nonsense, etc.; honestly surprised more people don't use this, legitimately the best thing to happen to Halo in many years

My biggest gripe with the variety in Halo 5 is that everything seems to either be Warzone or Arena, then they seem to half-ass everything else. Their near launch version of BTB after launch was pathetic with just forge maps. I'm not as competitive as I once was, wish I could play Halo 5 stress-free and have it not be Warzone. I'm sure there are changes that happened year(s) later to fix this but I've moved on to other games by then

With Halo 3, I was able to enjoy Social, Ranked, MLG, Zombies, BTB, Grifball, etc and they each seemed specially crafted shortly after release. Stuff like Double XP weekend had me testing stuff I thought I would never play like Grifball and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

343i has a real retention problem, yea there are a lot of games out these days but they don't seem to hold fans like Bungie did. We can only imagine how big the playerbase is now.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But hey, at least we have 3 obj+slayer playlists and covenant slayer.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm going to tell you how much you suck in person.

You'll be too busy tweeting about how good EG still is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

it also shows off gamemode/maps people make. Like I played Basketball in Halo. And there's more amazing things that I wouldn't know about otherwise. Some of the stuff people make amazes me.

My biggest gripe with the variety in Halo 5 is that everything seems to either be Warzone or Arena, then they seem to half-ass everything else. Their near launch version of BTB after launch was pathetic with just forge maps. I'm not as competitive as I once was, wish I could play Halo 5 stress-free and have it not be Warzone. I'm sure there are changes that happened year(s) later to fix this but I've moved on to other games by then

With Halo 3, I was able to enjoy Social, Ranked, MLG, Zombies, BTB, Grifball, etc and they each seemed specially crafted shortly after release. Stuff like Double XP weekend had me testing stuff I thought I would never play like Grifball and I enjoyed the hell out of it.

343i has a real retention problem, yea there are a lot of games out these days but they don't seem to hold fans like Bungie did. We can only imagine how big the playerbase is now.

Halo 3 also had casual mid size 4v4 maps such as Last Resort, High Grounds, Isolation, Snowbound. This is exactly where Halo 5 failed to capture the spirit of Halo. 343 went from one extreme to anther with straight sweaty arena 4v4 to what ever Warzone is. They missed the mark when it comes to a fun sandbox Halo game. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

Josbe is going to get poached as soon as the transfer period begins.

If I were Josbe, I'd poach myself as soon as possible

have you ever considered the fact that you are 1 person, and do not represent the 20k that play, or the thousands that stopped playing because they couldnt find a game.

No, I'm sure he's never considered that he is 1 person and not 20,000 people simultaneously