CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I saw it as a way of avoiding having to continue answering the question. Anytime someone asks about MLG running an event people can point to the Tashi answer and that's the bases covered for another few weeks.

I mean He said after Worlds 2017 but it reminded me of the Mitch Hedberg joke about photos "here's a photo of me when I was younger. Every photo of you is when you were younger". Every event after Worlds 2017 is after Worlds 2017 (even years into the future)

Plus for hedberg reference. 2 favorites were frozen banana and and turtle neck with a backpack

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was making assumptions. I don't really expect that to actually happen. If they were to announce it today, I wouldn't believe it for a second.

Plus for hedberg reference. 2 favorites were frozen banana and and turtle neck with a backpack

I cannot think of a situation where I would have to prove I bought a donut.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Weren't people and pros excited when Quinn was hired because it meant change from H4? The lesson is that we need to understand the philosophy of the person making the change and not just be happy there will be change.

Weren't people and pros excited when Quinn was hired because it meant change from H4? The lesson is that we need to understand the philosophy of the person making the change and not just be happy there will be change.

I remember the THC staff being excited about it when we first heard, but I was also excited about Batman vs Superman too :(

• Upvote (+1) 3

just got back from checking out gears AC, the main stage area is fucking awesome

also got to meet @@mediabrute briefly as i was leaving so that was cool

can't wait to meet @@Sandman tomorrow <3

• Upvote (+1) 9

I think the only aspect of Halo I've been excited about after I realized the reach beta was total ass was MCC. They fucked that up just to prove that even if they attempt to copy something it'll go wrong. The rest has been obviously not faithful to the series right out of the gate. They're okay for general console fps but they suck at halo. Quinn is just part of a team that probably won't ever get it.

just got back from checking out gears AC, the main stage area is fucking awesome

His facial hair is on a whole other level - just wait.

How full is main stage viewing area? Also are side stations viewable?

His facial hair is on a whole other level - just wait.

i got a glance from afar, can't wait to see it up close  :tongue:

How full is main stage viewing area? Also are side stations viewable?

the main stage area was starting to fill out when i left around noon, i did a quick head count and it looked like 150 people were watching main stage

i'll take a pic tomorrow of the crowd 

the featured stations are fucking amazing, at the end of each station they have monitors and you can watch every pov

the side stations are also view able but there is only 1 monitor at the end of each side station (although you can just stand behind the players and watch)

• Upvote (+1) 2

you're right, but saying nothing gets no one anywhere.

I never said we should be silent or that we can't be blunt. I agree. We need to say the obvious shit.

This isn't relevant but if you guys are on reddit you might know about /r/place.

To put it simply, there's a random guy trying to make a purple S in the middle of the canvas and I'd really appreciate it if a bunch of you could come help me erase it by placing white tiles on the purple ones.

Coordinate: (774,559)

Thanks guys.

• Upvote (+1) 5

This isn't relevant but if you guys are on reddit you might know about /r/place.

To put it simply, there's a random guy trying to make a purple S in the middle of the canvas and I'd really appreciate it if a bunch of you could come help me erase it by placing white tiles on the purple ones.

Thanks guys.

On my way

• Upvote (+1) 2

Thanks guys.

Already done.  :simms:

Can't be white though, don't tell me what to do.

Watching the Ugc Gears event for a bit to see production. Its either Ugc trying to look like Mlg or Mlg brought some of their equipment. I think its the second. There are some beautiful Dsl based cameras (we never had those in Hcs aside of those 2 Mlg events, we always have that standard flat picture with no depth of field), also the lights and the lights/smoke setup is very Mlg like.

Mlg actually helping to grow other To's ?

@@Clap can you confirm any of this ?

RLCS is on today if you guys wanna see what happens when ESL and the game dev actually cooperate to make a good competitive scene

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously, when you do the math, the twitter stats don't look inflated. They look modest at best.

The Stream was in an ad window was heavily promoted by twitter, for 3days straight for an avg of like 7hrs a day. Less than 13 million different people interacted with it.

In contrast, Franks tweet was seen by 1.4 million people in the same timeframe no promotion from twitter at all.

If the viewership numbers were inflated, why would they be just 10x more than the tweet from a Team Beyond forum poster despite heavy promotion from twitter itself?

With 13million unique viewers, you can assume this is the number of people who actually CLICKED on the ad window and watched the stream. If it was just counting auto play the number would be much higher due to twitches ridiculous amount of daily users. Likewise if it was counting auto play, you would expect concurrent to be WELL OVER 135k, since the ad was in heavy rotation.

The large gap between peak concurrent and total unique suggests that most people clicked on the ad, watched it for a few, then closed it an never returned. But those numbers are no more "inflated" than the numbers you get on twitch when people do the exact same thing.

Inflated probably wasn't the right word choice but call it whatever you want, its misleading. And them spouting it off is nothing but insulting.

Consider me triggered.

am I the only one that cringed when he read this?

This should've won tbh

Guys Formal is coming back to Halo :lxthul:

https://twitter.com/optic_formal/status/847976512674549760

If this is for sure happening we should be trying to hype it up, at least post it on reddit with a title that will attract peoples attention. I mean that simple snipedown nade clip got a shit ton of upvotes lol

Was just coming to post this...

Ya'll want more hype for Halo5? Cover stuff like that...so much cross over interest. Drum it up, play into it. esports is all about hype...I'd tune in for that 1v1.

Have any recommendations on best way to do that?

the /r/halo April fools prank  :mj:

My response to it :lxthul:

I think Quinn is very open to discussion but very unresponsive to implementation.

"Interesting point of view but I disagree and according to our data you're wrong".

Never forget.

• Downvote (-1) 1