CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Oh boy not the Halo 3/ Halo 5 argument again. 

well, when you think about it H1 is the gold-standard for Halo, H2 was pretty good, and H3 was trash. So, using that logic H2A is the gold-standard, H5 is pretty good, and H4 is trash. Debate over. Shetlin out. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo 5 is a wonderful esport to watch and to play competitively. I personally find H3 boring to watch too.

Make H6 feel like more "classic" Halo but make it as fast-paced as H5 is and this scene is gonna become huge.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't someone do some tests that determined Halo 2/3 was overall a faster game than Halo 5?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't someone do some tests that determined Halo 2/3 was overall a faster game than Halo 5?

They've been doing these tests since Reach was released with sprint. Faster movement and kill times =/= faster gameplay. Just more actions on the screen at a time.

They just did a walk test vs sprint. That doesn't include thrusting and sliding. Truth ctf can be over in legitimately 2minutes. That never happens in older halos even against bad kids.

H3 can't be lumped in with h2. H3 maps are bigger (and worse), and there's more dead zones in gameplay.

• Downvote (-1) 4

Yea it didn't happen because it was 5 caps to win lmao. H5 is not faster than old Halos stop.

People did not get 3 caps in 2 minutes often. More people have goosed in h5 than any other halo. H5 is definitely faster than h3.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

People did not get 3 caps in 2 minutes often. More people have goosed in h5 than any other halo. H5 is definitely faster than h3.

What in H5 is faster than Onslaught/Amplified?
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Good luck to everyone attending Atlanta, congrats to Butters and @ - Go get em boys.

Also @@Wonderboy is bae. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

What in H5 is faster than Onslaught/Amplified?

Original H5 settings, or current HCS ones?

Watching a stream of Pro 8s in Halo 3 and I'm curious other opinions: Does anyone else like watching Halo 5 a hell of a lot more than Halo 3? This is coming from someone who didn't watch A LOT of pro Halo 3, but I did play a lot of Halo 3. Halo 5 is so more more fast pace & I think that may be one of the reasons. Additionally, I also really enjoy the smoothness that can come from perfect mechanic use in Halo 5.

I prefer playing the old titles (everything before Reach) but prefer to watch Halo 5.

H2A was boring to play and boring to watch.

$4,500 for top 12? you gotta be shitting me

EDIT: I guess EU teams have to earn something significant to make their season worth it?

The everyone is a winner culture. 

I didn't even realise the cod season 2 LAN league whatever it is has been going on. But OpTic are playing next week, along with the CS major, viewership will probably be lower than expected for Atlanta :( . At least it will have the most teams we've had at a LAN for h5

didn't expect to wake up to a bunch of people arguing about basket hoop players

we're supposed to be nerds guys, get your shit together

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Daily solo queue arena is complete fucking aids.

This isn't even 343's fault, its the fact that diamonds literally have no concept of staying alive, numbers, or even the faintest clue where their other team mates are.  Then the ones with mics think they're communicating but all they do is just yell a bunch of call outs no one can do anything about, then get pissed when they die off on their own across the damn map.

Also today i got betrayed for snipe for the first time since Halo 3 social slayer.

Also diamond players think that when you have no help you should challenge the fuck out of everyone when you're capping a stronghold so by the time anyone can come help you're either one shot, dead, or half the other team is positioned to fucking melt anyone near the hill.

Then when you get high enough ranked to escape this disaster of a rank, you just get plats on your team to balance it out

I'm a plat....  :tear:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Sorry, double post. 

Honestly I feel this way about both playing and watching H5.  In 2007, H3 was literally the greatest thing ever and I was obsessed with it, but going back and playing it now ... it honestly feels vastly inferior to H5.  And I have a lot of nostalgia for watching H3 MLG but I would rather watch (in 2017) H5 than H3.  

H3 is the hardest game to go back to.  CE and H2 hold up.  But 3 just feels.... awful.

Conceptually it is superior to Halo 5 in most regards. But the aiming is jacked (I even like H5's aiming better).  Good luck looking diagonally. Random spread is balls.  

It feels slow though i know its not actually slow.  I think that issue could be alleviated by just increasing the FoV by like 10. 

Still though... I had a ton of fun playing that game with friends.  When it goes BC i'm sure they will come back and i will play the shit out of it.

Increase FoV and make the BR spread be consistent and that game gets so much better.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Daily solo queue arena is complete fucking aids.

This isn't even 343's fault, its the fact that diamonds literally have no concept of staying alive, numbers, or even the faintest clue where their other team mates are. Then the ones with mics think they're communicating but all they do is just yell a bunch of call outs no one can do anything about, then get pissed when they die off on their own across the damn map.

Also today i got betrayed for snipe for the first time since Halo 3 social slayer.

Also diamond players think that when you have no help you should challenge the fuck out of everyone when you're capping a stronghold so by the time anyone can come help you're either one shot, dead, or half the other team is positioned to fucking melt anyone near the hill.

Then when you get high enough ranked to escape this disaster of a rank, you just get plats on your team to balance it out

It is 343's fault.

They decided to make spacey shooter 5 instead of a halo game. Everyone left. This is the consequence.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly I feel this way about both playing and watching H5. In 2007, H3 was literally the greatest thing ever and I was obsessed with it, but going back and playing it now ... it honestly feels vastly inferior to H5. And I have a lot of nostalgia for watching H3 MLG but I would rather watch (in 2017) H5 than H3.

Vocal minority in their natural habitat. The echo chamber.

Watching a stream of Pro 8s in Halo 3 and I'm curious other opinions: Does anyone else like watching Halo 5 a hell of a lot more than Halo 3? This is coming from someone who didn't watch A LOT of pro Halo 3, but I did play a lot of Halo 3. Halo 5 is so more more fast pace & I think that may be one of the reasons. Additionally, I also really enjoy the smoothness that can come from perfect mechanic use in Halo 5.

Cant watch Halo 3 without thinking about shot registration, the BR spread, etc.

Playing it is even worse. Not to say Halo 5 is perfect but Halo 3 is far from it too.

• Upvote (+1) 5