CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

that is not a logical statement. Breaking records means nothings if it takes longer? Are you high? The world record for the longest sleeper in YoYo is 3 minutes and 51.54 seconds. Does this mean that the record can never be broken because it takes longer? 

Well if its a record for lasting longer at something then no. But in this case Lebron taking years more to pass Jordan, if he ever does doesn't make him better. And if you think Lebron is better then we can just go ahead and agree to disagree cause you can't prove otherwise. 2 different era's and at this point comparing will only be opinions.

Ronin is like the Spartan alg team. Really good in scrims but couldn't put it together when it counted. We'll see if that changes at dreamhack.

Ronin is like the Spartan alg team. Really good in scrims but couldn't put it together when it counted. We'll see if that changes at dreamhack.

Ronin and LG should be thankful for STR8 because now they can feel comfortable in not finishing last among the real pro teams. 

Assuming champ bracket is 16 teams and EU are in there, it makes sense to me why they would add more money to the lower half of the bracket for those EU teams since they don't get any other LAN money.

But it shouldn't have to come to this. Hopefully since EU has a LAN for fall, the prize distribution for Denver will be normal

It's not incendiary when you're stating the truth man.

Halo 3 was worse than CE and 2.

And no Halo after 3 was a real Halo.

I am very happy I finally get to shake your hand sir.

well these kids that literally never stop playing H3 are getting worked by the H5 pro team.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Daily solo queue arena is complete fucking aids.

This isn't even 343's fault, its the fact that diamonds literally have no concept of staying alive, numbers, or even the faintest clue where their other team mates are.  Then the ones with mics think they're communicating but all they do is just yell a bunch of call outs no one can do anything about, then get pissed when they die off on their own across the damn map.

Also today i got betrayed for snipe for the first time since Halo 3 social slayer.

Also diamond players think that when you have no help you should challenge the fuck out of everyone when you're capping a stronghold so by the time anyone can come help you're either one shot, dead, or half the other team is positioned to fucking melt anyone near the hill.

Then when you get high enough ranked to escape this disaster of a rank, you just get plats on your team to balance it out

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG back to being bad. Sigh

when have they not been bad since the GOAT left for CLG?

Assuming champ bracket is 16 teams and EU are in there, it makes sense to me why they would add more money to the lower half of the bracket for those EU teams since they don't get any other LAN money.

But it shouldn't have to come to this. Hopefully since EU has a LAN for fall, the prize distribution for Denver will be normal

I agree they added more outside the top 8 to make it up to the euro teams since they have no playoffs. Even then the top8 is making more than cod.

Anaheim was a 200k prize pool that only paid top8, and 7/8 got 4k. At dreamhack, 7/8 is getting 7k. Difference is cod paid more at the top end.

I agree they added more outside the top 8 to make it up to the euro teams since they have no playoffs. Even then the top8 is making more than cod.

Anaheim was a 200k prize pool that only paid top8, and 7/8 got 4k. At dreamhack, 7/8 is getting 7k. Difference is cod paid more at the top end.

still won't stop Huke from switching. Too soon?

Daily solo queue arena is complete fucking aids.

This isn't even 343's fault, its the fact that diamonds literally have no concept of staying alive, numbers, or even the faintest clue where their other team mates are. Then the ones with mics think they're communicating but all they do is just yell a bunch of call outs no one can do anything about, then get pissed when they die off on their own across the damn map.

Also today i got betrayed for snipe for the first time since Halo 3 social slayer.

I got betrayed for the flag as I was running it through the enemy teams tree house on fathom. That blew my mind!

Also I don't even call out anymore. If anyone is calling out but complaining more than calling out, I mute them. Ever since I started to try less it's become a bit more fun

Watching a stream of Pro 8s in Halo 3 and I'm curious other opinions: Does anyone else like watching Halo 5 a hell of a lot more than Halo 3? This is coming from someone who didn't watch A LOT of pro Halo 3, but I did play a lot of Halo 3. Halo 5 is so more more fast pace & I think that may be one of the reasons. Additionally, I also really enjoy the smoothness that can come from perfect mechanic use in Halo 5.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I got betrayed for the flag as I was running it through the enemy teams tree house on fathom. That blew my mind!

Also I don't even call out anymore. If anyone is calling out but complaining more than calling out, I mute them. Ever since I started to try less it's become a bit more fun

not going to lie, I've betrayed for the game winning cap a few times.
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Me too. I might actually get on tomorrow just to betray a flag runner and run it all the way back to the other team's base.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Watching a stream of Pro 8s in Halo 3 and I'm curious other opinions: Does anyone else like watching Halo 5 a hell of a lot more than Halo 3? This is coming from someone who didn't watch A LOT of pro Halo 3, but I did play a lot of Halo 3. Halo 5 is so more more fast pace & I think that may be one of the reasons. Additionally, I also really enjoy the smoothness that can come from perfect mechanic use in Halo 5.

Halo 5 is a wonderful esport to watch and to play competitively. I personally find H3 boring to watch too.

Make H6 feel like more "classic" Halo but make it as fast-paced as H5 is and this scene is gonna become huge.

• Upvote (+1) 9

but this was nowhere near to being capped and I think it was like 0-0 or 1-0

Honestly I feel this way about both playing and watching H5.  In 2007, H3 was literally the greatest thing ever and I was obsessed with it, but going back and playing it now ... it honestly feels vastly inferior to H5.  And I have a lot of nostalgia for watching H3 MLG but I would rather watch (in 2017) H5 than H3.  

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Of course. H3 is trash. Its slow,broken starting weapon, mediocre maps, and the aiming is fucked in that game. Even something as simple as heretic is a bad remake.

I miss watching h2a though.