CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Damn. I caught every single event, scrims, staying up until 1:30am sometimes watching and even I didn't know there was anything. What does that say for the average fan.

That they're oblivious. They said it during Pro League and it's all over twitter and in stream titles.

• Upvote (+1) 2

no it's not? college basketball is amazing, especially if you have a rooting interest in a good program

go blue devils

Go Tar Heels! 

You must be from the South, don't understand their fascination with college football

Living in South Carolina past five years has taught me much. I'm a Clemson Tigers football fan and its an insane rivalry here. Back in the day people killed each other over this rivalry. Why? Football, by God! 

Also nice to see 16 teams in Champ bracket

https://twitter.com/HCS/status/885649843800096769 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The last time I saw someone at a Halo tournament try to rap, a fight broke out.

Boo, that didn't even rhyme.

(I also don't get the reference)

So many players in the NBA don't play a defense at all. He offense friendly rules officiating doesn't help, but you rarely see as much heart on D in the NBA as you do in the NCAA, unless is playoff time.

Hell even this years NBA playoffs had some terribad defensive efforts...

Exactly, for people to say that defenses have gotten better is crazy. Did you watch the all-star game? They nearly scored 200 points on 1 team.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Exactly, for people to say that defenses have gotten better is crazy. Did you watch the all-star game? They nearly scored 200 points on 1 team.

Using the Allstar game as evidence is like citing Wikpedia
  • Upvote (+1) 6

It doesn't matter whether its the all-star game or a normal game or a playoff game. People took pride in their game back in the day. That's the problem with today's society nobody takes pride in what they do unless there is something on the line. I remember when people played to win just because they wanted to win. Crazy I know.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It doesn't matter whether its the all-star game or a normal game or a playoff game. People took pride in their game back in the day. That's the problem with today's society nobody takes pride in what they do unless there is something on the line. I remember when people played to win just because they wanted to win. Crazy I know.

Ah yes the good ole "back in my day" rant. Good talk. You're right man NOBODY takes pride in their work anymore. NOBODY. But back in the day everyone was just a fucking hardworking saint. It's not that deep calm down. People aren't going to risk injury in a game with no weighting on their season. Yea it's crazy, people want to be in the best shape possible to compete. But nah they don't take pride in their craft they are just losers. Lmao.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

I think thats even worse than citing Wikipedia tbh

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ah yes the good ole "back in my day" rant. Good talk. You're right man NOBODY takes pride in their work anymore. NOBODY. But back in the day everyone was just a fucking hardworking saint. It's not that deep calm down. People aren't going to risk injury in a game with no weighting on their season. Yea it's crazy, people want to be in the best shape possible to compete. But nah they don't take pride in their craft they are just losers. Lmao.

Your just proving my point. Don't want to risk getting hurt, want to be in the best shape for a more important game blah blah blah. I guess you stand behind players taking games off to rest too? Supposedly these athletes are in better shape than any before them but they have to take games off to rest. That makes so much sense.

• Downvote (-1) 2

You've lost your mind if you think it's played at a more advanced level on the defensive side. Lol

Quote literally false. Every coach will tell you the game is much more advanced defensively. The analytics and schemes are far more sophisticated,and players are asked to do more because they have to cover more of the court with offenses playing faster nd shooting more threes.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Your just proving my point. Don't want to risk getting hurt, want to be in the best shape for a more important game blah blah blah. I guess you stand behind players taking games off to rest too? Supposedly these athletes are in better shape than any before them but they have to take games off to rest. That makes so much sense.

Maybe that has something to do with why they're in better shape? Nah never mind they're just all bitches now and its not like all of these people making millions and investing millions have the best interest of themselves and the players in mind. They just don't work hard. That's totallyyy whats going on

Its true that defense used to be able to do a lot of shit that would definitely be a foul these days but there are reasons certain things changed

• Upvote (+1) 1

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/01/14/payton-not-impressed-with-todays-nba/

Basically before there were a bunch of pussies playing the game.

Oh man a guy that played back in the day talks about how it was so much harder for him. What a shocker.

Btw when did being an athlete stop you from getting injuries? You know, since they are in such great shape that somehow makes them immune like you said right? I guess what we really need is people to say "Fuck the repercussions I'm gonna go as hard as I can and maybe ruin my life in the future!" That's what a REAL athlete would do. Right?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oh man a guy that played back in the day talks about how it was so much harder for him. What a shocker.

Btw when did being an athlete stop you from getting injuries? You know, since they are in such great shape that somehow makes them immune like you said right? I guess what we really need is people to say "Fuck the repercussions I'm gonna go as hard as I can and maybe ruin my life in the future!" That's what a REAL athlete would do. Right?

I know man they get paid millions of dollars to play a game. It'd be crazy to think that they would you know actually give an effort at their job. And then if they get injured at their job their life is ruined because they are so used to having millions upon millions of dollars coming in and will no longer be able to live frivolous lifestyles and have to live off of the millions they already have. I can't imagine that type of hardship.

You must be from the South, don't understand their fascination with college football

Oklahoma, you gawd damn right boi e27.png

Posting random old stubborn players who didn't have to deal with every team spreading the floor and zones, even though the objective statistics show that the defenses were worse in the past isn't a good tactic. Thibs himself said defenses are far more sophisticated, and he was on the Knicks staff in the 90s

The only thing that is dumb to me is making 9-12 4500 instead of 3000, then making 7/8 8500. Other than that it's just more grapes.

$4,500 for top 12? you gotta be shitting me

EDIT: I guess EU teams have to earn something significant to make their season worth it?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I know man they get paid millions of dollars to play a game. It'd be crazy to think that they would you know actually give an effort at their job. And then if they get injured at their job their life is ruined because they are so used to having millions upon millions of dollars coming in and will no longer be able to live frivolous lifestyles and have to live off of the millions they already have. I can't imagine that type of hardship.

FUCK IT they make millions a year so that means they should go out there an get severe injuries and or completely ruin their life! But it's okay because they are RICH! Haha I get it now I totally agree! Fuck rich people they deserve worse.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Mad at payout, not just T16. Just to clarify*

what would you want the structure to be?

• Upvote (+1) 1

FUCK IT they make millions a year so that means they should go out there an get severe injuries and or completely ruin their life! But it's okay because they are RICH! Haha I get it now I totally agree! Fuck rich people they deserve worse.

Because you say it as if every player that has ever played hard in their life as an NBA player gets injured.