CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

On the real, can anyone give me an update on some notable AM rosters heading to ATL?

God I miss AM teams flying out of the open bracket. Shout out to Pistol and the Jets.

• Downvote (-1) 1

On the real, can anyone give me an update on some notable AM rosters heading to ATL?

God I miss AM teams flying out of the open bracket. Shout out to Pistol and the Jets.

I've been staying up to date with them regularly each day and they change about 4 or 5 times in a 24 hour period. I'll give you my predictions 30 seconds before roster lock.

Notable AM individuals are Nebula, Tapping Buttons, Dany Knight & Amorist J

Don't forget High Society! Long live Gregor.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I've been staying up to date with them regularly each day and they change about 4 or 5 times in a 24 hour period. I'll give you my predictions 30 seconds before roster lock.

Notable AM individuals are Nebula, Tapping Buttons, Dany Knight & Amorist J

Don't forget High Society! Long live Gregor.

High Society!! Yoooooo. Nostalgia blast.

Is it just me or is it easier to win when solo queuing over being in a team?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is it just me or is it easier to win when solo queuing over being in a team?

I think Menke has mentioned how players on thrown-together teams (ie people you met in matchmaking that night) tend to perform average or worse than usual.  But players on teams that play together regularly tend to play much higher than their average.  Seems like that's part of the complication with completing the more intelligent party matching solution for solo's vs teams.

• Upvote (+1) 4

NBA basketball is played at a more advanced level than ever on both the offensive and defensive ends of the court. This is more or less objectively true. Stylistically, some prefer the state of the game from 80's/90's (I absolutely love that era from a competitive standpoint, but the gameplay is extremely rough to go back and watch). In my opinion, the game is also far more entertaining now with the significant emergence of the three pointer and the way teams are using analytics to find more efficiencies to exploit (now, sometimes this does go bad, i.e. some of the bullshit we've seen with free throws and the way Harden can draw shooting fouls coming off screens, etc.).

Also, while it's somewhat of a stretch to definitively state Curry has had more impact on his sport than any athlete has had on theirs, stating simply that the best shooter in NBA history has merely "caused a meta shift" seems a bit disingenuous.

IMO, we're at an all-time high for the NBA and it's only going to get better from here. I love that league.

You've lost your mind if you think it's played at a more advanced level on the defensive side. Lol

Stats that will probably appear on stream during dreamhack

42aeO3R.png

You guys think it would worth adding some functionality to the site where people could include clips of the scrims or the past broadcast links that would appear on the scrim summary page?

Im asking because it would be something the public manage and not me :simms:

Hey, if you're up to it, why not? Though be prepared to deflect responsibility for whatever an unscrupulous person might post.

• Upvote (+1) 1

You've lost your mind if you think it's played at a more advanced level on the defensive side. Lol

Yea somehow as the game has progressed, training has gotten better, athleticism is at an all time high, defense has gotten worse. Lmao you are so wrong the only difference now is that there are more rules in play to keep people safe. The game is going to constantly evolve that's how this shit works. Come on now.

why do people take shitlin seriously, he LITERALLY makes things up every time he posts

he is the epitome of fake news

2017 and ppl are still taking trolls srs.

lulz

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yea somehow as the game has progressed, training has gotten better, athleticism is at an all time high, defense has gotten worse. Lmao you are so wrong the only difference now is that there are more rules in play to keep people safe. The game is going to constantly evolve that's how this shit works. Come on now.

So many players in the NBA don't play a defense at all. He offense friendly rules officiating doesn't help, but you rarely see as much heart on D in the NBA as you do in the NCAA, unless is playoff time.

Hell even this years NBA playoffs had some terribad defensive efforts...

Players from former eras would struggle massively with the more advanced defensive schematics alone. Not saying they wouldn't be able to adjust of course - many would absolutely be able to play at a similar level today, especially after learning current offensive tactics - but it's completely absurd to call someone insane and laugh at them for stating the game is significantly more advanced defensively.

Anyway, there are some really outdated and weird NBA opinions in here - looking forward to discussing Halo (NOT NBA) over beers at Dreamhack!

• Upvote (+1) 2

So have we done wagers for an event yet, outside of Lethul calling out name changes for certain placements? I'll get the ball rolling:

If EG gets top 4, I will finish and badly perform the rest of my Optic diss track as the rest of the members of NV.

It is written, and you may quote and sig accordingly.

Tbh, I want a wager that gets audley to rap on stream

• Upvote (+1) 2

The ones that are most likely making champ/relegation are: Oxygen Supremacy (Ryanoob,Contra,Dastroyed, Nemassist) Wise Gaming (Cloud, D3M0N D, Tizoxic, Nebula) and eRa (Commonly, Cratos, BabyJ,Prototype)
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Tbh, I want a wager that gets audley to rap on stream

The last time I saw someone at a Halo tournament try to rap, a fight broke out.

• Upvote (+1) 4

The last time I saw someone at a Halo tournament try to rap, a fight broke out.

Didn't the one of the guys in that fight pass away too?

:/

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's literally next week bro

Damn. I caught every single event, scrims, staying up until 1:30am sometimes watching and even I didn't know there was anything. What does that say for the average fan.