CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Keep complaining about what's broken, what should be changed, and what could be done to improve all facets of halo. This is a dialogue that is necessary.

But let's stop calling out specific people and especially name calling, especially without proof that they are to blame. For an example, ninja calling out Quinn (I think it was Quinn) for the pro summit attitude of "change for the sake of changes sake" is fine. Calling the guy an idiot is unwarranted.

Why can't we call Quinn an idiot? Seems warranted to me. We care about halo, he's destroying it based on the most idiotic reasons. Completely incompetent to do his job.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Why can't we call Quinn an idiot? Seems warranted to me. We care about halo, he's destroying it based on the most idiotic reasons. Completely incompetent to do his job.

Without the big picture and knowledge of what quinn is responsible for, not tesponsible for, and the decisions behind both, it comes off as an ignorant assumption.

Attack the issues you have with the handling of the game and the game itself. If Quinn truly is behind these decisions then you are indirectly attacking him and the job he's done anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the issue is that 343 Industries sustain teams are basically a non-factor when it comes to managing their games, see the Master Chief Collection and the state of Halo 5's metagame as examples.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I really hate that this is the spot we are in at this point. Whether it is the people in charge of the game or the competitive scene, there us a lot of change to be desired. The silence and the need to repeat ourselves for so long naturally makes us angry even at those who may not deserve it. There is also now a lot of infighting on these issues which is the saddest part to me. At the point where we need to unite to push change, the issues we face are causing fractures and im worried that nothing will improve while they work on h6 and upcoming pro league seasons...

• Upvote (+1) 1

Does anyone remember when Tashi said 343 were planning to host an 'awesome' event with MLG after worlds?

Can somebody ask Tashi if this is still going and working with MLG is still a plan.

• Upvote (+1) 8

I don't think an idiot is the right word to say, or what people should be posting. Please stop.

Quinn isn't a "bad guy" IMO. I believe he means well - but some of his ideas and decisions have caused me to never want to play Halo 5. It kinda reminds me of Matt Millen and the Lions basically.

life is good when CyRen has a baseball avatar. 

Does anyone remember when Tashi said 343 were planning to host an 'awesome' event with MLG after worlds?

Can somebody ask Tashi if this is still going and working with MLG is still a plan.

No, they were considering it. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tashi never said this. He said they would look into possibly working with MLG in the future. It was extremely non-committal.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think the problem is that we're always talking to the wrong people. Because while 343i did develop Halo 5, somehow simultaneously, no one at 343 seemed to work on anything except Josh Menke.

Hilarious how glaringly obvious it is that Menke is a new (or returning) employee at 343i with his constructive transparency. No 343 head has ever matched his communication in their careers in that incompetent company.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll stop with the harsh criticism of employees from now on, I agree it only exasperates an already shitty situation. 

I would rather they communicate here. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

He says he was hoping to be able to work with them after world's. Apparently when that comment was made, there were no ongoing conversations with mlg

Maybe there wasn't then, but maybe there is now? We don't know forsure and probably won't unless something does come full circle. Now, with there only being 3 LANs that we know of in 2017, maybe they will announce a few more and maybe MLG can host one of them.

Maybe there wasn't then, but maybe there is now? We don't know forsure and probably won't unless something does come full circle. Now, with there only being 3 LANs that we know of in 2017, maybe they will announce a few more and maybe MLG can host one of them.

I feel like the MLG comment by @@Tashi was just an open-ended answer, there's really no substance to it. I thought most here saw it as that?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I feel like the MLG comment by @@Tashi was just an open-ended answer, there's really no substance to it. I thought most here saw it as that?

I saw it as a way of avoiding having to continue answering the question. Anytime someone asks about MLG running an event people can point to the Tashi answer and that's the bases covered for another few weeks.

I mean He said after Worlds 2017 but it reminded me of the Mitch Hedberg joke about photos "here's a photo of me when I was younger. Every photo of you is when you were younger". Every event after Worlds 2017 is after Worlds 2017 (even years into the future)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I saw it as a way of avoiding having to continue answering the question. Anytime someone asks about MLG running an event people can point to the Tashi answer and that's the bases covered for another few weeks.

I mean He said after Worlds 2017 but it reminded me of the Mitch Hedberg joke about photos "here's a photo of me when I was younger. Every photo of you is when you were younger". Every event after Worlds 2017 is after Worlds 2017 (even years into the future)

"i used to do drugs. i still do, but i used to too."

• Upvote (+1) 3