CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Randa is just one of those players, man. He made some of the most unconventional plays I've ever seen but admired in a scene filled with copycats. When I first saw Naded running with Contra, Ryanoob, and Randa I thought like most others... who the fuck is Randa? But after watching his streams for nearly every scrim/tourney/whatever I learned to love him.

Does he make some insanely questionable decisions from time to time? Yes. But that was just his playstyle - he was always attempting to do subtle things differently than everyone else - and sometimes that meant fucking up spectacularly. But because of that, in my opinion, he was one of the best support players in the game for that brief stint where Team Randa was 11-0'ing or almost 11-0'ing nearly everyone in scrims. That brief period where people were legitimately predicting them to outplace EG. I don't know what my point is here, I just know that I fucking loved that team and I fucking love Randa (and the other 3 who were apart of that slightly dysfunctional but somehow perfectly composed squad). I just wish they had more than one lan event together.

P.S. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I tried learning to "play like Randa" (minus the warning shots) for a brief period in H2A

I miss that WFX squad  :mj:

Remember that stealth bomb arm by Randa on Shrine? Was dope  :ace:

Edit: Found it. Randa was actually a frequent youtube uploader as well, but mostly in H5. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You should suggest that to Josh on Twitter and see what he says.

Also, I noticed that Proverb RTed this: https://twitter.com/theonlyzoltan/status/884934826771570690

This guy sucks at running events, period. Last Halo event he ran got criticized hard by this forum and then he came here with an apology/dramatic essay (or both?) written with the grammar of a teenager lmao, now he's salty other TOs (if you can consider Beyond a TO) have the chance to run Halo events in partnership with other good TOs.

• Upvote (+1) 2

This guy sucks at running events, period. Last Halo event he ran got criticized hard by this forum and then he came here with an apology/dramatic essay (or both?) written with the grammar of a teenager lmao, now he's salty other TOs (if you can consider Beyond a TO) have the chance to run Halo events in partnership with other good TOs.

teenager is being a bit generous
  • Upvote (+1) 2

when you tell lethul his accomplishments mean fucking nothing because he was just carried by the curry and thompson of Halo

19956793_10212208214778845_6085269132197

Curry and Thompson aren't nearly as good at basketball as SnakeBite and Royal 2 are at halo. Trust me I'm one of those NBA nerds. Besides, KD is better at basketball than Lethul is at halo lol

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I haven't played Halo 5 in quite some time. When I did though, if people quit out before the game it wouldn't start up. What does it do now?

Since no one answered this, it is the same as it was before (what you remember). What I suppose you didn't notice though, is that if the bar fully loads, it doesn't matter if someone quits out. The game is going to start regardless of how many players are still in the lobby.

Edit: Really what they need to do is before the game actually starts and you leave the loading screen, do one last check to make sure if it is 4v4. If so, continue. If not, find more players. If people leave between that and the game starting, give a severe punishment. Problem solved. 

So have we done wagers for an event yet, outside of Lethul calling out name changes for certain placements? I'll get the ball rolling:

If EG gets top 4, I will finish and badly perform the rest of my Optic diss track as the rest of the members of NV.

It is written, and you may quote and sig accordingly.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Tapping's shot is really good

Yup, so far that's what I'd say he's best at. His decision-making is a bit hit or miss, but this dudes shot is better than @contra  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I miss that WFX squad  :mj:

Remember that stealth bomb arm by Randa on Shrine? Was dope  :ace:

Edit: Found it. Randa was actually a frequent youtube uploader as well, but mostly in H5. 

I miss H2A man.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Tapping's shot is incredible but his comms are so bad that it is a true detriment to the team, unless he was just playing really laid back today and not caring about calling out. I didn't hear him make ONE small talk or directional callout. He only does positional callouts and even those were often 3 seconds delayed or he would just not even bother, like he didn't care. Hopefully it's just a scrim thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Tapping's shot is incredible but his comms are so bad that it is a true detriment to the team, unless he was just playing really laid back today and not caring about calling out. I didn't hear him make ONE small talk or directional callout. He only does positional callouts and even those were often 3 seconds delayed or he would just not even bother, like he didn't care. Hopefully it's just a scrim thing.

English is not his native language...

In no way is it a detriment, when the team only plays well because he's slaying so much. Could it be better? Sure, but that isn't the issue with EG. They don't pE.G.. their advantages enough

Curry and Thompson aren't nearly as good at basketball as SnakeBite and Royal 2 are at halo. Trust me I'm one of those NBA nerds. Besides, KD is better at basketball than Lethul is at halo lol

You're not an NBA nerd. If you were, you'd know not to act like Curry hasn't had more impact on his sport than any athlete has had on theirs or any competitive gamer has had on their scene. That dude has made centers who can't shoot irrelevant overnight. He's made Lebron James, supposedly the best player in the game, work on his shooting in the offseason just to stay relevant and to keep up. He made the Cavs choose to double team him in the Finals over double teaming Kevin Durant. Think about that. KD is a basketball demi-god, but the Cavs chose to double team the 6'3 point guard he plays with instead. Try traveling to the year 1998 and tell Michael Jordan that a 6'3point guard has had more impact on basketball in a 3 year span than he will ever have. He'd probably burst a blood vessel.

Snakebite and Royal 2 will never be to Halo what Curry is to basketball. It's not even close.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3