CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If I found my wife in bed with @@LethuL I'd order her to leave the room and remove my belt like I was gonna fuck him up. But as soon as she leaves, I'm sliding in next to him.

where ... did this come from?

How long were you sitting on this on this

Same question goes to @@TiberiusAudley

I wish people would stop giving menke shit and just realize MM is broken cause of low pop

Think MM is broken because of more than just low population, part of it being the game is just not good or really that fun for the vast majority of players, hence the low population. However, I will agree with you that people shouldn't direct it at Menke. Seems like he's doing all he can and then some.

Thank you - worked very hard on this.

The community deserves better - our additional events with ASTRO + UMG coming into the scene with additional support should help bolster things.

Big time congratulations to you guys. You're doing a lot more for the scene than anyone would ever ask of a "small" forum. I'd love to see UMG bringing Halo 3 tournaments to the market so there is a real game to be playing. More Halo 5 tournaments, in my opinion, will be good for the small amount of Halo 5 players and any AM players or pros that want more tournaments, but still overall I think it would be great if UMG would host some H3 tournaments, and not the bullshit MCC version either.

Also, does this mean that TB will branch out into other games as well? Or will you guys be remaining a Halo-dominated thing? Not asking to be an ass, but I know UMG is primarily a Call of Duty TO, so I'm asking I guess if they are trying strictly to break into the market as a Halo TO or will there be some of both going on to expose TB members to?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

343 needs to completely redo their Playlist system. Ranked was supposed the THE place for competitive play. If people are complaining about it being too sweaty thats not the place for them. AR starts should be completely removed from ranked, even if they don't change the map, as 343 confirmed that it's simply not skillful in its current state. Maps should at least be modified to have the HCS weapon respawn timers. I feel like most people would agree that at least that much is easy and necessary. The playlists themselves need to be changed too. I have my opinion about how that should be done but I'm not trying to say that is the "right" or the best way to do it. But here it goes.

Ranked Should consist of:

- HCS

- Slayer (With the changes mentioned above)

- Swat

- FFA (With at least the changes mentioned above)

- Doubles (With at least the changes mentioned above)

Any more than that and the options are redundant and population for competitive is spread too thin.

Social should be composed of the following:

- A weekly rotational playlist (an actual week not a 343 week) that rotates through semi serious gametypes: Oddball, Breakout, and a community forge playlist with similar semi serious gametypes).

- A weekly rotational playlist that rotates through the "party" playlists currently present in social or elsewhere: Super fiesta, Action Sack, Snipers.

- BTB (Side note: 343 needs to stop with the "refreshes" here. unless they're adding a new map, they're just putting more shit on old maps and it makes them run like garbage).

- Team Arena: We need to drop Skirmish and replace it with this, they're redundant in their current state. This version of team arena could include the assault gametypes from skirmish and any other decent gametypes from skirmish, but none of that orion or molten bs.

With this format we considerably reduce redundancy and underpopulated playlists. It also makes settings in competitive slightly more consistent. This is more of a wishlist thing, but when the H3 playlist launches in the fall, I would hope to see both a ranked and a social version, just so we can have a version without AR starts.

If 343 doesn't make some sort of change like this, mark my words, they will use the low population of the HCS playlist to go back to AR starts in competitive MM after they patch it in the upcoming update. They will say they're combining the HCS radar and the patched AR and call it the best of both worlds and then promptly drop H5 support like they dropped MCC. The launch of this balance patch will be our last opportunity to set the H5 settings we want in stone for the remainder of its lifetime.

I agree with most of this, except I think ranked should just be HCS, FFA and Doubles

• Upvote (+1) 3

I'm Lethul,

Regal,

Fucking King of The cummies

Go cling to your mummies

Upsetting all your tummies

Making tons of money

Fuck you mean you don't hate me yet

Been running the mofuckin' H C S.

Since Reach fell with no safety net

I'll teach fellas at Doritos Combines

How each cell is a victory of mine

So sleep well, cuddle ya teddy, now she's mine

Getting intimate, I'm Infamous, villainous, the inference

Is infinite impetus indigenous, I've given us stimulus

In a minute this vociferous sinfulness will injure us.

But right now?

It's my vow

To decide how

To fight now

Putcha lights out

The time is ripe

#BelieveTheHype

Please do not @ me, or respond with anything but :wutface: to this post.

Nope, Ima give credit when it's due.

Your the last guy I would've expected to post a lyric filled with multi-syllable, internal and compound rhyme schemes.

I still had to :wutface: to it, but it was mechically sound...

343 needs to completely redo their Playlist system. Ranked was supposed the THE place for competitive play. If people are complaining about it being too sweaty thats not the place for them. AR starts should be completely removed from ranked, even if they don't change the map, as 343 confirmed that it's simply not skillful in its current state. Maps should at least be modified to have the HCS weapon respawn timers. I feel like most people would agree that at least that much is easy and necessary. The playlists themselves need to be changed too. I have my opinion about how that should be done but I'm not trying to say that is the "right" or the best way to do it. But here it goes.

Ranked Should consist of:

- HCS

- Slayer (With the changes mentioned above)

- Swat

- FFA (With at least the changes mentioned above)

- Doubles (With at least the changes mentioned above)

Any more than that and the options are redundant and population for competitive is spread too thin.

Social should be composed of the following:

- A weekly rotational playlist (an actual week not a 343 week) that rotates through semi serious gametypes: Oddball, Breakout, and a community forge playlist with similar semi serious gametypes).

- A weekly rotational playlist that rotates through the "party" playlists currently present in social or elsewhere: Super fiesta, Action Sack, Snipers.

- BTB (Side note: 343 needs to stop with the "refreshes" here. unless they're adding a new map, they're just putting more shit on old maps and it makes them run like garbage).

- Team Arena: We need to drop Skirmish and replace it with this, they're redundant in their current state. This version of team arena could include the assault gametypes from skirmish and any other decent gametypes from skirmish, but none of that orion or molten bs.

With this format we considerably reduce redundancy and underpopulated playlists. It also makes settings in competitive slightly more consistent. This is more of a wishlist thing, but when the H3 playlist launches in the fall, I would hope to see both a ranked and a social version, just so we can have a version without AR starts.

If 343 doesn't make some sort of change like this, mark my words, they will use the low population of the HCS playlist to go back to AR starts in competitive MM after they patch it in the upcoming update. They will say they're combining the HCS radar and the patched AR and call it the best of both worlds and then promptly drop H5 support like they dropped MCC. The launch of this balance patch will be our last opportunity to set the H5 settings we want in stone for the remainder of its lifetime.

Swat shouldn't be a ranked playlist.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Your the last guy I would've expected to post a lyric filled with multi-syllable, internal and compound rhyme schemes.

I like things that are clever.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never understood why they split team arena into hcs, should have never happened. Team arena should be hcs gametypes only and the hcs playlist should not exist.

Because players who don't give a shit about HCS (most players) wanted to play gametypes that top players rejected.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Because players who don't give a shit about HCS (most players) wanted to play gametypes that top players rejected.

Team Skirmish.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Never understood why they split team arena into hcs, should have never happened. Team arena should be hcs gametypes only and the hcs playlist should not exist.

Wasn't Proving Grounds supposed to be merged back into Team Arena after testing? So it would just be one HCS Playlist not two. Having these two separated makes no sense, especially with the already low population.

Also - any chance of Team Beyond H2 or H3 tournaments? I'm sure this has been asked before. If Evadur's tourny could get the turn out it did, I'd imagine with the TB following, there'd be a fairly good turnout.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Swat shouldn't be a ranked playlist.

Right.

HCS (rename it arena)

Slayer (not that it deserves to be ranked, but all the "slayer only" kids will throw a fit.  And there are a lot of them.  Throw a bone)

FFA

2v2

Thats it.  Period.

Honestly i would like to see a "Ranked", "Core" and "Quick Play" section.

Ranked is HCS only.  Only playlist that gives out "Champs". Tightest skill matching.  Exclusive rewards for playing

Core is Slayer, FFA, 2v2. Ranked but stops at "Onyx" without the individual CSR number. Slightly looser skill matching. generic rewards for playing

Quick Play is everything else. unranked.  very loose matchmaking. ability to multiqueue. generic rewards for playing.

Every individual playlist needs to have a dedicated progression system a la Halo 3. None of this generic SR-rank crap.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Team Skirmish.

I hear you man. But for like 12 years, we've had separate ranked playlists for esports and standard play.

If the only options were ranked HCS and unranked team skirmish, HCS would still have a low population as most players would just go to skirmish. True competitive esports settings were never 'popular' compared to team slayer/objective with radar and autos.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wish people would stop giving menke shit and just realize MM is broken cause of low pop

But...but... "my 1-50 rank" /s
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I would really like to host a throwback Halo 3 tournament.

Also a massive PUBG tournament would be pretty awesome. 

• Upvote (+1) 9

I hear you man. But for like 12 years, we've had separate ranked playlists for esports and standard play.

If the only options were ranked HCS and unranked team skirmish, HCS would still have a low population as most players would just go to skirmish. True competitive esports settings were never 'popular' compared to team slayer/objective with radar and autos.

The past 12 years really don't have anything to do with it. We have to deal with the realities in front of us today, and having three objective/Slayer mixed playlists is not acceptable for the population H5 has. Of the three, Team Arena is easily the least necessary. I don't agree with Infinity on everything he says, but I think he's dead right about ranked playlists and the way Halo handles them. Giving a ranked playlist to every subsection of the Halo community is nonsensical and impractical.

You're absolutely right that the population of HCS wouldn't skyrocket or anything, but there would have been way more people willing to give the competitive settings a shot if 343 had not separated the playlists and simply replaced Team Arena with the HCS settings. If the people didn't like that, then fine, Team Skirmish is right there. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

The past 12 years really don't have anything to do with it. We have to deal with the realities in front of us today, and having three objective/Slayer mixed playlists is not acceptable for the population H5 has. Of the three, Team Arena is easily the least necessary. I don't agree with Infinity on everything he says, but I think he's dead right about ranked playlists and the way Halo handles them. Giving a ranked playlist to every subsection of the Halo community is nonsensical and impractical.

You're absolutely right that the population of HCS wouldn't skyrocket or anything, but there would have been way more people willing to give the competitive settings a shot if 343 had not separated the playlists and simply replaced Team Arena with the HCS settings. If the people didn't like that, then fine, Team Skirmish is right there.

The last 12 years have plenty to do with it. Most halo players don't want to play competitive halo. There is over a decade of proof of this.

Taking the rank away from alternatives to the HCS playlist isn't going to make the HCS playlist more popular. YOud just move players from a ranked non-HCS playlist to an unranked non-HCS playlist.

Team Arena isn't robbing players from HCS, it's robbing players from team skirmish.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The biggest problem is that the HCS playlist is called "HCS" and it's literally the LAST playlist on the screen. Lol it's hilarious how much they want the playlist to fail. Team Arena is first guys I wonder if it has a higher pop hmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Upvote (+1) 8

The biggest problem is that the HCS playlist is called "HCS" and it's literally the LAST playlist on the screen. Lol it's hilarious how much they want the playlist to fail. Team Arena is first guys I wonder if it has a higher pop hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Competitive Halo players are also an endangered species

• Upvote (+1) 1

Competitive Halo players are also an endangered species

Tru it's gonna be shitty anyway. Just a little less if they play their cards right.