CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Dear TB, 

Please modify your "ignore" feature so when I use it there is no "an asshat posted here but we hid it for you" message.  That way when I ignore morons, I wont be constantly reminded that they are ruining the forum experience for other users.  

K, thx bye

This is more of a IP Board issue, we don't control what comes from it and what is shown. Count yourself lucky, admins can't block people at all ;)

• Upvote (+1) 7

This is more of a IP Board issue, we don't control what comes from it and what is shown. Count yourself lucky, admins can't block people at all ;)

I'm so sorry.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Come spend your Monday night with the Beyond gang

ps: Please don't feed

• Upvote (+1) 4

Just get yourself a living rulebook and all the rule problems go away. That's how it works, yeah?

Are you doing some more 2v2 stuff with newer settings? Will happily stream matches with Infinibob if needed :)

I had forgotten that Alliance had a Halo team.

Nah but really typically people don't say anything until they're upset. Of course most didn't come out to boost the orgs ego for no reason when they were happy with it existing for the most part. Expecting differently is a little crazy and the tweet just looks shitty on their part

I was begging Allegiance to pick up Naded and Cratos's team for Worlds and so were a lot of others on here. Less than a day later they announced they're out of Halo and Naded/Cratos later go with TMMT.

The fans were there. They were easily one of the most respected and loved orgs in Halo. No idea what he's on about.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Lunchbox's shot has gotten WAY better in the last month. His recent MM grinding is paying off. He was outshooting all of Ronin last night, including Spartan. The team, however, still goes through long bouts of being completely uncoordinated and having too poor of attitudes to rectify it in-game.

having a great individual shot is nice and all but it will always take a backseat to clutch decision making, great communication and solid teamwork

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Are you doing some more 2v2 stuff with newer settings? Will happily stream matches with Infinibob if needed :)

We will release an announcement soon about it.

Lunchbox's shot has gotten WAY better in the last month. His recent MM grinding is paying off. He was outshooting all of Ronin last night, including Spartan. The team, however, still goes through long bouts of being completely uncoordinated and having too poor of attitudes to rectify it in-game.

I think a big part of that is H5 as a game in general. Even TL and nV have trouble wrangling control back after losing momentum. The only team I've seen consistently win games they were losing noticably is OpTic.

This. LBX shot yesterday was really good. And if people

Listened more to him they will win more games. But sometimes they play individually.

• Upvote (+1) 1

having a great individual shot is nice and all but it will always take a backseat to clutch decision making, great communication and solid teamwork

ehhh. Like, picking up SS in H2 (and his increased slaying ability over Saiyan) is what propelled Final Boss back over Carbon & Str8 to retake the thrown in H2.

For example, in an alternate universe if Shotzzy, Huke & Snipedown (slayers is what im getting at here) were teaming, I do agree that an A1 teammate and communicator like Shooter, Eco, or Pistola would be a better fit than say someone like Saiyan (another slayer). However imagine a team with Pistola, Eco, & Bubu. I think that team could use a guy who doesn't miss his shots and can consistently win 1v1s to give the team slaying prowess.

It's all relative, you know?

• Upvote (+1) 4

The Beyond rule book is a living document, similar to the constitution of the United States of America (but way more legit)....

ehhh. Like, picking up SS in H2 (and his increased slaying ability over Saiyan) is what propelled Final Boss back over Carbon & Str8 to retake the thrown in H2.

For example, in an alternate universe if Shotzzy, Huke & Snipedown (slayers is what im getting at here) were teaming, I do agree that an A1 teammate and communicator like Shooter, Eco, or Pistola would be a better fit than say someone like Saiyan (another slayer). However imagine a team with Pistola, Eco, & Bubu. I think that team could use a guy who doesn't miss his shots and can consistently win 1v1s to give the team slaying prowess.

It's all relative, you know?

People still think that Halo5 is Halo3, where players like SK could win events. The best Slayers are in OpTic and NV, except for Ola. That isn't a coincidence.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

The fact that I have become as cynical as Frank when it comes to the Halo scene scares me greatly in my interest in the future of the franchise. 

I am always surprised when people use the ignore feature. It's just writing on a message board. If I don't like something, I will just keep scrolling.

Something something "safe space" ....
  • Upvote (+1) 6

it wasn't exactly that black and white. saiyan didn't enjoy h2 so he was putting way more hours into his world of warcraft monthly subscription. plus he was in a serious relationship that was pulling him out of esports at the time. 

then we see strongside, someone who is putting nonstop effort into improving his game and grinding halo nonstop. i think he played more than anyone in 2007

but i get what you're saying and the theory behind it. but trust me when i say - the ogres and walshy didnt need extra slaying power, it was just a huge bonus

Honestly funny how you don't get it.

An org is in it TO MAKE MONEY..... every org is.

That's what businesses do. they aren't charities. He's not running a soup kitchen and he wasn't complaining about the fans. Which, by the way, he would have every right to do because sometimes we just don't know when to shut our mouths. We're looking for skeletons in every closet and ulterior motives around every turn and need to knock that shit off.

And yes, i'm including myself there because I have done it in the past as well and its... just... so... fucking.... tiresome. I'm done with it.

It was a "Make sure you let people know you appreciate them during the good times" message. from a guy who's favorite franchise is halo, who is known to treat his players well and who purposefully didn't take part in a mirror E6/seed stealing scenario when he could have made a play to benefit from it because it felt wrong. I fail to see the issue.

Stop actively seeking ways to make things seem worse than they are.

I literally agreed with the top section in your post but okay. He comes off as salty all over social media and trashes the community.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

I literally agreed with the top section in your post but okay. He comes off as salty all over social media and trashes the community.

It because he is salty, and thinks he is entitled to something. Good Riddance.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Something something "safe space" ....

I'd rather have people talking shit than this place being an echo chamber. That's why TB is so good - everyone can speak their mind. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Could you mute em?

Blocking people in ranked was even fixed in MCC because of how bad it was getting.

Yeah I do but it just makes it feel like a waste of time. I don't think you should stop playing them, but not having them on your team is a fine concession