CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I will buy a REQ pack for Halo 3 in 2018 until Halo 6 is out.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Jesus Christ. Before I say this, while that H3 news is cool and all I don't think it's suddenly going to rejuvenate the scene. H6 still needs to hit it out of the park. That said:

Why was this information released a month after E3, where there were thousands of eyes and a big push for 4k content?

Really 343? I am constantly baffled at this companies marketing decisions and lack of of ability to seize opportunities.

I think this would be more of MS call, still really strange though. I hate to say it, but maybe MS didn't know / weren't confident if 343i could handle doing 4K while working on Halo 6? Maybe they didn't want to jump the gun until they were 100% to avoid issues considering their past hiccups.

Saw no issues with The Coalition though.

(this is all speculation btw)

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think this would be more of MS call, still really strange though. I hate to say it, but maybe MS didn't know / weren't confident if 343i could handle doing 4K while working on Halo 6? Maybe they didn't want to jump the gun until they were 100% to avoid issues considering their past hiccups.

it may have taken longer than expected to install heavy aim  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3

From the Waypoint article:

"The team here at 343 always had a desire to bring players the best Halo 5 experience for Xbox One X, but we weren’t quite ready to make the announcement during the E3 time frame."

Probably hadn't confirmed by then that it'd be ready.

This H3 stuff is a sort of product testing, if there is enough interest in playlist, hype, players coming back etc. then H3A starts to make more sense

Also - H4 to H2A to H5, so H5 to H3A to H6 - kinda like how Apple creates an 'S' version to keep the same model phone for at least 2 years, helping with operating/design/ etc. costs and leading to mo money. Just a theory

I light of the H3 news here one of my favourite Halo videos from back in the day

• Upvote (+1) 2

This H3 stuff is a sort of product testing, if there is enough interest in playlist, hype, players coming back etc. then H3A starts to make more sense

Also - H4 to H2A to H5, so H5 to H3A to H6 - kinda like how Apple creates an 'S' version to keep the same model phone for at least 2 years, helping with operating/design/ etc. costs and leading to mo money. Just a theory

Why would they need product testing, H3 was the pinnacle of Halo popularity. It's still a bad move not to have it this year.

H3A isn't happening.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Why would they need product testing, H3 was the pinnacle of Halo popularity. It's still a bad move not to have it this year.

Not product testing like actual product testing, I was just using the concept to illustrate they're just wanting to measure current interest - it wouldn't be a good idea to assume the market is there - better to make sure

H3A isn't happening.

ye of little faith

Can anyone take a guess at when H3 backwards compat will drop? I might have to ship my Xbox One to Vietnam  :ace:

Also this is probably a stupid question or unanswerable question but will ranks and everything be reset?

Can anyone take a guess at when H3 backwards compat will drop? I might have to ship my Xbox One to Vietnam :ace:

Also this is probably a stupid question or unanswerable question but will ranks and everything be reset?

My guess is when they released in September-November, can't imagine they reset ranks.

I'm actually curious to see if the power of the Xbox One X can handle Forge map renderings at 4K/60fps smoothly.  If that's the case and the issue with frame drops is solved, we may be able to have some forged maps in HCS for 2018.  At least that would help change things up a bit and have the league become slightly more interesting leading into H6's release.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm actually curious to see if the power of the Xbox One X can handle Forge map renderings at 4K/60fps smoothly. If that's the case and the issue with frame drops is solved, we may be able to have some forged maps in HCS for 2018. At least that would help change things up a bit and have the league become slightly more interesting leading into H6's release.

It would force the competitors to buy an Xbox One X. If you are an upcoming player maybe dropping 500 dollars isn't posible. Where I live buying an Elite Controller is too expensive and when the Xbox one x drops it will probably cost around 800 dollars

I'm actually curious to see if the power of the Xbox One X can handle Forge map renderings at 4K/60fps smoothly.  If that's the case and the issue with frame drops is solved, we may be able to have some forged maps in HCS for 2018.  At least that would help change things up a bit and have the league become slightly more interesting leading into H6's release.

One thing I still don't understand...

The 360 couldn't handle some BTB/Invasion disc maps at 720/30fps...(And forge was damn near impossible.)

The Xbox One can't handle Forge at 1080/60...

And now we're getting 4K?

It's like they're in a constant marathon where their technology is in second place behind the demands of their product.

One thing I still don't understand...

The 360 couldn't handle some BTB/Invasion disc maps at 720/30fps...(And forge was damn near impossible.)

The Xbox One can't handle Forge at 1080/60...

And now we're getting 4K?

It's like they're in a constant marathon where their technology is in second place behind the demands of their product.

Sadly most gamers care more about what it looks like than it plays.

9ebd98997a82efd8f489095f93da5be7.png

http://essentialfacts.theesa.com/mobile/

• Upvote (+1) 3

Operation Repopulate Halo 3 v53 incoming.

Got more of a chance of me getting 3 friends to drive to a H3 event to get first rounded than you have those same friends going anywhere near XB1 / XB1X / 'Modern Halo'.