CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Str8's communication is pretty subpar for a "pro" team... hopefully they'll do better on LAN, but they're getting rocked by eRA right now (Cratos/Commonly/Prototype/Babyj)

Yup. Would be crazy(but not far-fetched) seeing BOTH pro teams being relegated.
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who is worse, current str8 or Optic season one?

The funny thing is that it's the same pro seed. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG is a mess. Wouldn't shock me if they don't get top8 again

that would certainly send the twins into retirement IMO. EG should be up for relegation just like Ronin and STR8

• Downvote (-1) 8

Which would mean you're walking TO away something.

Yeah. He's walking TO AWAY.

<.

[*]Looking at these facts, one has to wonder how much potential an nV roster could possibly have with Huke gone. It's hard to suggest any player in the game could be anything BUT a downgrade to Huke. If nV has shown streaks of not even being a clear cut top 2 team with Huke...how are they going to look without him?

While I agree if huke leaves nv falls into the pack instead of being the clear elite, but a trio of Mikwen, ola, and snjpedown is far better a trio than most especially compared to LG. (Buyouts notwithstanding)
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Because I'm a forum kid first and an analyst second...

I would honestly be surprised if nV secured any of those three players...the orgs should be asking for buyout prices that simply aren't reasonable for Halo to see just how badly nV wants to fill Huke's shoes.

But some points I think are worth considering...

• nV before Huke first failed to reach Worlds (weird roster, hard group), then were a top 3 team (with eLTown+Rayne) that looked roughly on the same level as 2 other teams at the time (E6 with Cratos/Shooter/Huke/Bubu) and TL (Spartan/Eco/Stellur/Danoxide, once they got their shit together) but none of them looked anywhere near CLG/OpTic.
  • nV with Huke have contested OpTic a few times, and looked weaker than TL (Eco/Stellur/Penguin/Rayne) other times.
  • Huke previously showed some promise contesting OpTic prior to being on nV, with Regionals/Worlds Denial.
  • Looking at these facts, one has to wonder how much potential an nV roster could possibly have with Huke gone.  It's hard to suggest any player in the game could be anything BUT a downgrade to Huke.  If nV has shown streaks of not even being a clear cut top 2 team with Huke...how are they going to look without him?

But considering the tournaments leading up to Worlds and current Pro League standings, I think players on TL or Splyce receiving an offer to join nV would have to think that would be a downgrade...and it'd take a ridiculous performance from nV at Atlanta / Denver (Not sure when Huke turns 18) to really convince players otherwise about nV's future post-Huke era, assuming Huke returns to CoD.

Personally, I think Huke going to CoD would be a devastating event for Halo.  He's one of only two players that has shown the ability to contest OpTic on multiple rosters (the other being Snip3down, who defeated the CLG roster with EG at XGames, and then has been part of the nV Godkiller squad).

Atlanta predictions:

• No EU team makes top 8 even with 4 autoberths into champ bracket.
  • Royal 2 highest KD ratio of the tournament
  • Shotzzy makes some crazy escape from a situation he has no business surviving.
  • I end up drunk by midday Saturday
  • Hungrybox and Nuckledu both win their events if they're at Atlanta
  • Brendan Greene parachutes through the ceiling at the H1Z1 tournament and says "SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS, THIS IS ACTUALLY NOW A PUBG TOURNAMENT HAHAHAHAHA"

Disagree, nV have been clearly the number 2 team, anyone would accept an offer. They'd be silly not to, it would make TL or Splyce weaker depending on who they take. 

You only get the benefit of the soft forfeit if the first quitter actually shows up on the scoreboard.

Source: Menke (Matchmaking Feedback Update - July 3rd)

You lose rank like its a regular loss too, otherwise it could be easily abused.

Games start 3v4 because players dashboard while the game is loading in. Long run youll get just as many 4v3 auto-wins. Blame should go to the player who quit, lack of veto and sub-par maps imo

• Upvote (+1) 3

Who's spot did lethul take in that one tourney he played with nv? Weren't they pretty much unbeatable?

Who's spot did lethul take in that one tourney he played with nv? Weren't they pretty much unbeatable?

Mikwen

• Upvote (+1) 2