CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What's the reason for shields recharging so much quicker in Halo 5 then say Halo 3?

In Halo 5 you can just run away if you're weak, hide somewhere, and get your shields back in an instant. Whereas in Halo 3 if your shields half depleted you'd actually be vulnerable for a while and so if you put yourself in the wrong position you were more likely to be punished.

I just can't understand the logic

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

What's the reason for shields recharging so much quicker in Halo 5 then say Halo 3?

In Halo 5 you can just run away if you're weak, hide somewhere, and get your shields back in an instant. Whereas in Halo 3 if your shields half depleted you'd actually be vulnerable for a while and so if you put yourself in the wrong position you were more likely to be punished.

pretty sure it's the same in every halo, in default mode. 

MLG settings had a recharge rate of 90% to make it harder to do exactly what you said.

I agree the settings could still be better, but i doubt we'll see any more changes again.

You are still vulnerable for a while in H5... it's like 4 or 5s... the difference is you can put all sorts of distance Between yourself and your attacker thanks to the Spartan abilities in h5...

Edit:

I'm bot sure how accurate this is, but

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_shielding

Shows H5 as having a longer delay and recharge time that h2/3

100th page so i want to take this opportunity to say i love and appreciate everyone who visits/posts here

we're keeping the halo esports dream alive

there's a 5k open this weekend so you might want to save some time for that if you're interested

We love you too Moses.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You are still vulnerable for a while in H5... it's like 4 or 5s... the difference is you can put all sorts of distance Between yourself and your attacker thanks to the Spartan abilities in h5...

Edit:

I'm bot sure how accurate this is, but

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Energy_shielding

Shows H5 as having a longer delay and recharge time that h2/3

Just checked a clip I had saved and that's not the most accurate. H5's recharge delay is 4 seconds, but it often seems longer due to sprint resetting the timer. Something like 4.5 or even 5 seconds would probably help stop kills from getting away significantly while still being reasonable. Though personally, I think the problems with kills getting away in H5 are a bit overstated.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just checked a clip I had saved and that's not the most accurate. H5's recharge delay is 4 seconds, but it often seems longer due to sprint resetting the timer. Something like 4.5 or even 5 seconds would probably help stop kills from getting away significantly while still being reasonable. Though personally, I think the problems with kills getting away in H5 are a bit overstated.

What about the recharge time?

I think it's a stretch to suggest that H5s shield times are significantly different from previous games, but I could understand lengthening it a bit to counteract the escapabilty element Spartan abilities introduce.

It just sucks that's this is even a conversation. So many modifications to consider just to shoehorn Spartan abilities into the sandbox.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What about the recharge time?

I think it's a stretch to suggest that H5s shield times are significantly different from previous games, but I could understand lengthening it a bit to counteract the escapabilty element Spartan abilities introduce.

It just sucks that's this is even a conversation. So many modifications to consider just to shoehorn Spartan abilities into the sandbox.

2 seconds. I much prefer longer delay + shorter recharge time so there are fewer "I shot them while they were recharging so I have to guesstimate how weak they are" scenarios, so I'd probably leave the charge time itself alone.

• Upvote (+1) 3

2 seconds. I much prefer longer delay + shorter recharge time so there are fewer "I shot them while they were recharging so I have to guesstimate how weak they are" scenarios, so I'd probably leave the charge time itself alone.

Yeah, That makes sense

• Upvote (+1) 1

Happy 4th guys!

Mods: It's actually the 6th, pleb.

#MakeTheJokeThatWasComplainedAboutOnTheLastPage

• Upvote (+1) 6

I was there and the scene inside was unreal after he hit that. Not a single person was still sitting and I looked over and Goldenboy and Benson were in some weird hype embrace. My favorite moment in competitive halo for sure.

going to be unreal seeing Huke do that in CODWW2 against OG next year.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

this get posted?

What does that mean? How can that be a thing? Sharing resources/planning/events? I'm not doubting or anything. I'd actually be really excited with something like this. Just don't know how it would work.

What does that mean? How can that be a thing? Sharing resources/planning/events? I'm not doubting or anything. I'd actually be really excited with something like this. Just don't know how it would work.

for starters gow has been able to secure world class venues so maybe they can help us on that front

• Upvote (+1) 6