CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i love mediabrute but i'm not a big fan of how EU runs their brand and their hype beast self promotion obsessed owners

i'm a fan of more professional (aka boring) orgs

i dunno i like the back and forth. it underscores rivalries, creates some story lines and gives fans something to interact with during downtime

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i dunno i like the back and forth. it underscores rivalries, creates some story lines and gives fans something to interact with during downtime

i hear ya, a lot of people like that style

to each their own

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

i love mediabrute but i'm not a big fan of how EU runs their brand and their hype beast self promotion obsessed owners

This is video games man. .. save the boring stuff for boring professions like tax prep .

• Upvote (+1) 8

to each their own

as long as it doesnt cross the line to personal attacks i like it. like the splyce tweet about their undefeated match with optic. it added an extra layer of excitement to the match. i don't want to see orgs go full e6, but i like when they show some personality fans can identify with

• Upvote (+1) 4

to each their own

They're certainly doing a great job of appealing to their target audience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What the hell happened to str8, they were a solid squad. Now hienz is the only one left.

OT: I like never play h5 anymore and I still have my vday gift pack to hand out. First to ask gets it.

What the hell happened to str8, they were a solid squad. Now hienz is the only one left.

OT: I like never play h5 anymore and I still have my vday gift pack to hand out. First to ask gets it.

Side effects of the pack may include heavy aim.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I like when pro sports accounts roast situations/fans, not each other. I feel like the last thing org twitter accounts need to do is provide any more motivation for teams to beat you.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Enjoy your 4th everyone

u8nzWhE.jpg

I don't want to combo break but I feel we could end this thread here and be satisfied.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't want to combo break but I feel we could end this thread here and be satisfied.

On page 999?

• Upvote (+1) 1

On page 999?

"Actually it's page 1017...."

-Cyren

(how many times is one of us dummies gonna make this joke in the same thread?)

• Upvote (+1) 1

On page 999?

"Actually it's page 1017...."

-Cyren

(how many times is one of us dummies gonna make this joke in the same thread?)

Far too many.

• Upvote (+1) 1

^worth a read

they are adding more obj to the HCS playlist so people hopefully dont play 8 slayers in a row

I just hope that it isnt 4 Fathom CTF's in a row.

• Upvote (+1) 1

it was as if you were playing swat

im sure that's what it'll always look like lol. good luck actually getting one vs onyx + cuz theyll just hide. these players were a combination of diamond and plat

I just hope that it isnt 4 Fathom CTF's in a row.

I'm curious to know how they weighted the other gametypes. I believe there's 13 total map/mode combos, of which 6 are slayer. I think it's 4 strongholds and 3 CTF's for the rest. So, if you wanted a truly even weighting system where each gametype is equally likely, you need to find the least common multiple of 6, 4, and 3, which happens to be 12. So you'd double the occurrence of every slayer map/mode combo, triple the occurrence of every strongholds map/mode combo, and quadruple the occurrence of every CTF map/mode combo. What this means is that it's entirely possible to play 3 of the same CTF map/mode in a row.

So you have nothing to worry. Instead of your feared 4 Fathom CTF's in a row, you'll probably only get 3 in a row, followed by an Empire strongholds, and then probably 3 more Fathom CTF's.

I'm curious to know how they weighted the other gametypes. I believe there's 13 total map/mode combos, of which 6 are slayer. I think it's 4 strongholds and 3 CTF's for the rest. So, if you wanted a truly even weighting system where each gametype is equally likely, you need to find the least common multiple of 6, 4, and 3, which happens to be 12. So you'd double the occurrence of every slayer map/mode combo, triple the occurrence of every strongholds map/mode combo, and quadruple the occurrence of every CTF map/mode combo. What this means is that it's entirely possible to play 3 of the same CTF map/mode in a row.

So you have nothing to worry. Instead of your feared 4 Fathom CTF's in a row, you'll probably only get 3 in a row, followed by an Empire strongholds, and then probably 3 more Fathom CTF's.

Except the game could possibly only store the previous played gametype and avoid that, which means that upon playing your second fathom ctf the first is forgotten therefore giving you a possibility of getting 2 fathom ctfs again. Repeating this cycle would mean we can get infinite fathom ctf.  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Except the game could possibly only store the previous played gametype and avoid that, which means that upon playing your second fathom ctf the first is forgotten therefore giving you a possibility of getting 2 fathom ctfs again. Repeating this cycle would mean we can get infinite fathom ctf.  :wutface:

Holy hell you are right, and I'm sure that's exactly how it would work....