CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I need to pay more attention to the halo in the region I'm from. It's honestly sad that if I didn't follow an American (Moses) that I wouldn't know about an event in my own country

@@Onset I like the idea and want to see something like this. Can see both sides to it. But I feel more growth is needed before this. If both Dreamhacks are big successes, I could easily see something like this happening. But with the way it is now (not including the skill gap between the regions), I feel like the negatives will outweigh the positives. Though I would want to see NA teams go to EU

I need to pay more attention to the halo in the region I'm from. It's honestly sad that if I didn't follow an American (Moses) that I wouldn't know about an event in my own country

@@Onset I like the idea and want to see something like this. Can see both sides to it. But I feel more growth is needed before this. If both Dreamhacks are big successes, I could easily see something like this happening. But with the way it is now (not including the skill gap between the regions), I feel like the negatives will outweigh the positives. Though I would want to see NA teams go to EU

Some time ago, i thought Moses is actually from europe because all of the retweets and stuff he does. He really does support Halo around the globe. To this day, i am baffed he didnt get the job instead of Tashi. I guess he doesnt like Halo 4 that much. @@Moses_FPS do you love Halo 4 ?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Spit balling an idea here.

So currently we have the situation where EU teams are being invited out to NA events (paraphrasing this) for good performances in EU events. As a concept, this is great for our region because it exposes these teams to top level competition, which over time will improve these teams and players and make the region as a whole stronger. 

Now one thing I would love to see is this idea working the other way around too. Top placing NA teams should be invited out to EU events (say 4 as a rough idea) to experience events this side of the pond, as well as to again help the region grow and increase the level of competition. I get the argument that NA teams will take EU prize money, but I dont think many players actually play Halo over here for the money and even so over time it could help EU teams take some more of the prize pools that NA events offer.

I see this as a pretty cool eco system which could really help develop the region. I have spoken to numerous NA teams who would love the chance to come out here to compete, and also raises the profile of EU events by having the best of the best taking on each other. 

Thoughts?

EDIT - Invite 2 NA teams. Means less prize pool taken up, and also means WB/LB finals would likely be NA vs EU if the each of the NA teams are each side of the bracket. Would be hype af.

I've thought for years that top teams should just go through the seasons events with travel paid for. The event locations should be as worldwide as they can make it while still going somewhere that actually draws interest to the tournament. The event locations themselves should be catered towards building and maintaining a scene in the areas so obviously EU/NA events are a must but the idea that the top players from a region are sort of kept inside of their region needs to go and the HCS season should be one cohesive league once you reach the top end rather than multiple smaller leagues. Not really sure the budget actually exists to make that happen though

Some time ago, i thought Moses is actually from europe because all of the retweets and stuff he does. He really does support Halo around the globe. To this day, i am baffed he didnt get the job instead of Tashi. I guess he doesnt like Halo 4 that much. @@Moses_FPS do you love Halo 4 ?

Moses isn't as easily brainwashed and reprogrammed which is why Tahini got the job. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Great idea

To even out the money, what if there were 2 prize pools for eu and na teams. It might be clunky but that way one region doesnt take all the money. For example if dreamhack were a joint eu/na event we could have 150k for overall placement and 25 each for top eu/na placement. I think that would encourage participation from eu and allow then to get some sort of payout while encouraging improvement for the larger prize pool

So currently we have the situation where EU teams are being invited out to NA events (paraphrasing this) for good performances in EU events. As a concept, this is great for our region because it exposes these teams to top level competition, which over time will improve these teams and players and make the region as a whole stronger. 

Now one thing I would love to see is this idea working the other way around too. Top placing NA teams should be invited out to EU events (say 4 as a rough idea) to experience events this side of the pond, as well as to again help the region grow and increase the level of competition. I get the argument that NA teams will take EU prize money, but I dont think many players actually play Halo over here for the money and even so over time it could help EU teams take some more of the prize pools that NA events offer.

I see this as a pretty cool eco system which could really help develop the region. I have spoken to numerous NA teams who would love the chance to come out here to compete, and also raises the profile of EU events by having the best of the best taking on each other. 

Thoughts?

EDIT - Invite 2 NA teams. Means less prize pool taken up, and also means WB/LB finals would likely be NA vs EU if the each of the NA teams are each side of the bracket. Would be hype af.

I would love this, CoD has global tournaments more often and NA teams travel to Paris and stuff.

Also it is the best way to beat Optic since Lethul refuses to fly over water because he is a scaredy cat

• Upvote (+1) 5

I cannot tell you how many times I've stressed that I wish 343 can just literally copy the aiming system that's on PC. For people like yourself (until last night as you mentioned), a large margin of players haven't touched the PC version and people think we're exaggerating when we explain how significantly better the aiming is.

I literally made a video last month that explains and actually demonstrates the difference between the two and showing what I consider "latency" when it comes to letting go of an input (hence that "sluggish" feeling because when you let go of the stick; it still renders an additional couple frames of input).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idVWMs6_988

I'm still trying to figure out why the aiming doesn't go to the same exact spot Everytime? If it doesn't on PC then PC doesn't fix it, it just makes it better. I don't want my aiming to do what I want 90% of the time I want it to do it right 100% of the time.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Thoughts?

I'd love to see NA teams play in EU. It would be good to see a difference as its usually many NA teams and a few EU teams (if that)

I'm still trying to figure out why the aiming doesn't go to the same exact spot Everytime? If it doesn't on PC then PC doesn't fix it, it just makes it better. I don't want my aiming to do what I want 90% of the time I want it to do it right 100% of the time.

I think you completely misinterpreted the 90% of the time thing. It's not that the aim works 90% of the time, there's some sort of buffer that happens occasionally that causes the controller to delay an input on that particular iteration. It's not Halo 5; it's either something with the CronusMax or something with the controller. When Mib2347 (the person who started the whole heavy aim venture) originally did this same type of test to test the heavy aim, he originally did it by modding the controller to react to a vibration and this same phenomenon occurred. So I'm not sure if it's the CronusMax. It's not even Halo 5 specific as well, it happens on other games too like CE and Halo 2 (on MCC). 

Howevereven with that being said, whenever it does do that buffer even then it's 100% accurate to that exact spot every single time. I would love to know exactly what causes it but I have no idea. Fortunately, "If it doesn't on PC then PC doesn't fix it", is not true because this particular issue isn't relevant to the input latency you feel. There's just some periodic buffer that happens with the controller.

@@Onset

Don't be so unconfident. Remember the last time an NA team was flown over to Europe?  :simms:

lHk3Hci.png

What event was this?

Which leads me to believe that the problem lies with the Xbox Dynamic resolution scaling. If so it can not be fixed. A PC with more power will not need to scale resolution as you play.  Also, the beta aim felt good because it was locked at 720p and did not scale up or down. I just don't understand how they did not catch the issue during development. In the past, we have seen pro set the Xbox resolution to 720p when the play Halo. I am not sure if this helps or not. From a DF article I read a while back. Halo 5 resolution can fluctuate a very large amount through very weird resolutions. Makes me wonder if the game ran on the Xbox One X will it have the aim of the PC? If that is the case One X owners will have an advantage online. 

Gamescom, aka, the only Halo 5 event to feature no radar.  :mj:

TY! 

Technically radar was still there :kappa:

@@Onset

Don't be so unconfident. Remember the last time an NA team was flown over to Europe? :simms:

lHk3Hci.png

Assault has been on two of the three NA teams that lost a series to EU in H5 hasn't he?

TY!

Technically radar was still there :kappa:

Yeah, they used some stickers on the monitors cuz you couldn't turn it off lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

Assault has been on two of the three NA teams that lost a series to EU in H5 hasn't he?

He wasnt on renegades or pnda

Yeah, they used some stickers on the monitors cuz you couldn't turn it off lol

I hope there's some Halo 6 pre-release events and they do this again, after H2A and H5 it's tradition.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I know @@Towey still works for EG but he would be awesome as an analyst. I would love to see him on the desk at dreamhack

• Upvote (+1) 1

Oxygen plays these games so close. I know I make fun of nV a lot but I know they are a top 3 team and I don't understand why these games are so close.

Oxygen having good players doesn't fully explain it because while they are good I would not call them a top 3 team. I just feel like nV should be more dominant if that makes any sense.