CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ill be so sad when Tapping eventually gets snatched from EG.

And saiyan from LG. I actually could see either of them replacing Huke,
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

hopefully his plane works better than mcc or h5's aiming...or oddball

Could be worse, he could be flying united.

nV wouldn't have made it out of that group even if the other team didn't have headphones

My point is it's hilarious that people cite that event as the golden standard of H5 events when matches so pivotal had such major issues.

• Upvote (+1) 2

My point is it's hilarious that people cite that event as the golden standard of H5 events when matches so pivotal had such major issues.

Should use TL vs REN then. NV got last in their group. (Granted, they no showed vs WFX)

Should use TL vs REN then. NV got last in their group. (Granted, they no showed vs WFX)

but i'm trying to create an "MLG killed 2gre's career" narrative

edit: shit, that was meant to be a pm

But I thought 2gre's career died because he never did anything for the scene.

Can't handle these conflicting narratives.

• Upvote (+1) 5

But I thought 2gre's career died because he never did anything for the scene.

Can't handle these conflicting narratives.

You're both wrong. 2gre's career died because TJ kicked him off CLG.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 9

You're both wrong. 2gre's career died because TJ kicked him off CLG.  :lxthul:

Is the thread from when that happened still in existence? I'd love to go back and laugh at the reactions.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is the thread from when that happened still in existence? I'd love to go back and laugh at the reactions.

Somewhere around here (there were some pages with rumors first):

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/10851-halo-world-championship-2016-teams-seeds-and-discussion%E2%80%8F/page-887

And here is Snipedowns thread about his thoughts:

http://teambeyond.net/forum/topic/12163-lethul-leaves-eg-reaction-video/

• Upvote (+1) 1

we were so wrong, who would have guessed than Royal2/Snakebit were in a league above everyone else

It's been obvious since 2011 when they carried Clutch to 2nd place at Nationals. Optic is the first time they've had teammates at their level and look at how that turned out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Australia still has a Halo scene? Nice.

God I miss the Halo 3 population boom though.

Good Connection Fridays were an amazing time.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spit balling an idea here.

So currently we have the situation where EU teams are being invited out to NA events (paraphrasing this) for good performances in EU events. As a concept, this is great for our region because it exposes these teams to top level competition, which over time will improve these teams and players and make the region as a whole stronger. 

Now one thing I would love to see is this idea working the other way around too. Top placing NA teams should be invited out to EU events (say 4 as a rough idea) to experience events this side of the pond, as well as to again help the region grow and increase the level of competition. I get the argument that NA teams will take EU prize money, but I dont think many players actually play Halo over here for the money and even so over time it could help EU teams take some more of the prize pools that NA events offer.

I see this as a pretty cool eco system which could really help develop the region. I have spoken to numerous NA teams who would love the chance to come out here to compete, and also raises the profile of EU events by having the best of the best taking on each other. 

Thoughts?

Would be awesome to see and help EU out greatly. Would probably also bring in more of a crowd as people would jump at the chance to meet their fav NA players

Spit balling an idea here.

So currently we have the situation where EU teams are being invited out to NA events (paraphrasing this) for good performances in EU events. As a concept, this is great for our region because it exposes these teams to top level competition, which over time will improve these teams and players and make the region as a whole stronger. 

Now one thing I would love to see is this idea working the other way around too. Top placing NA teams should be invited out to EU events (say 4 as a rough idea) to experience events this side of the pond, as well as to again help the region grow and increase the level of competition. I get the argument that NA teams will take EU prize money, but I dont think many players actually play Halo over here for the money and even so over time it could help EU teams take some more of the prize pools that NA events offer.

I see this as a pretty cool eco system which could really help develop the region. I have spoken to numerous NA teams who would love the chance to come out here to compete, and also raises the profile of EU events by having the best of the best taking on each other. 

Thoughts?

I wouldn't agree with this - I think a fair amount of people are only dealing with competitive Halo 5 because there's still being money thrown into it.

A nice idea though - curious what other people think.

• Upvote (+1) 1