CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i wonder what millennial is getting out of this, they are probably looking to host higher profile boot camps in the future and they need something for their resume

(IM NOT COMPLAINING, just trying to figure out their motive for hosting BTS)

Didn't they just launch their new place awhile back? Maybe to build hype around it and hopefully get more games /orgs involved in the future is my guess.

-----

I'm kinda curious how beneficial it is for the teams themselves to be honest, like the idea sounds awesome - but I forgot which player was that said scrimming 1 team over and over after awhile gets you into a pattern and can potentially hurt you. It always good to have 3-4 to keep it mixed. Most recently I remember his backfired with OpTic (CoD) at Worlds a few years back and they stopped doing it.

Either way, I hope it works out with both teams going into Dreamhack.

• Upvote (+1) 2

oh yeah there definitely should have been more teams in this IMO, can't imagine a lot of teams saying no to practice like this.

Didn't they just launch their new place awhile back? Maybe to build hype around it and hopefully get more games /orgs involved in the future is my guess.

-----

I'm kinda curious how beneficial it is for the teams themselves to be honest, like the idea sounds awesome - but I forgot which player was that said scrimming 1 team over and over after awhile gets you into a pattern and can potentially hurt you. It always good to have 3-4 to keep it mixed. Most recently I remember his backfired with OpTic (CoD) at Worlds a few years back and they stopped doing it.

Either way, I hope it works out with both teams going into Dreamhack.

People have been saying that since h2

lmao, MLG Columbus 2016

otherwise known as the event that may have ended OGRE2's career and barred Pistola and Mikwen from a 2.5 million dollar event because they couldn't get their audio shit together

Commentary and crowd noise was great though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

lmao, MLG Columbus 2016

otherwise known as the event that may have ended OGRE2's career and barred Pistola and Mikwen from a 2.5 million dollar event because they couldn't get their audio shit together

Commentary and crowd noise was great though.

It's not like nV lost to the 2nd placing and 3rd/4th placing team or anything

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'd hate to see EG do a weekend like this. Two days of not being able to close out Game 5s... Talk about blue balls...

We need eg to scrim again first. Baby steps

I'd love towey to cast more, he's such an asset imo.

great knowledge, and what i feel has been missing from halo casting, real analytical breakdowns mid game, and letting the viewer know what the ideal objective/setup/goal is.

Now hes no longer coaching I hope he can find time to do casting, hes really come along way in a short period of time. Tiny few fixes here and there and he could one of the best and what halo really needs in the booth, more strong analysis.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet: Pre-event LAN broadcasts like this weekend's allow Millennial's production team to become more familiar with the settings and equipment needed to put on a hassle-free event stream. These Beyond the Sticks events are good practice for both pro teams and broadcast crew.

So you're saying it'll be even more embarrassing when the millennial production is trash for the 3rd event in a row?

nV wouldn't have made it out of that group even if the other team didn't have headphones

yeah we were cheeks lmao
  • Upvote (+1) 7

So you're saying it'll be even more embarrassing when the millennial production is trash for the 3rd event in a row?

I thought the stream today was pretty flawless overall so if they can keep this standard up I'd be fine with them either putting on more BtS events or being given another shot at a HCS one. They have a nice venue.

Feels exactly like a closed server cause they have gig internet.

We're playing for 2 days 20 days before the tourney. The usual problem with a 2 team lan is its right before an event. We come to this and are able to talk about and fix mistakes in person and hang out for the weekend, build chemistry eating out together coupled with too golf and indoor skydiving, this weekend is going to be exactly what the team's need.

On the other side they are creating content, creating storylines for the hcs. This event is perfect, the only downside is the money it costs millennial to do this. If they get enough hype from this I'm sure it's worth though.

Definitely overlooked both of these factors, my bad. No more knee-jerk reaction posts, lesson learned.

Sorry for triggering you @@Onset, pls come and cast NA more  ;)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Definitely overlooked both of these factors, my bad. No more knee-jerk reaction posts, lesson learned.

its always good to bring in concerns to the discussion, otherwise nobody learns a damn thing. plus we got top pros voicing their expertise on the matter so its not a bad thing  ;) 

https://www.twitch.tv/patch_pumps

h1 nhe!

• Upvote (+1) 3

Lunch almost beat Str8 while solo queue in Matchmaking, the game ended 2-3 Coli Flag, while a guy in Lunch team had 8 kills in a 12 mins game.

• Upvote (+1) 1