CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

sUMDcdv.png

so heres the 2007 schedule. yes there was a lot of downtime and no, no one like to wait, but it was for completely different reasons. the events were so good and exciting that it we were craving more. after an mlg event, i couldn't wait to see more; between the end of pro league and dreamhack, i just feel let down and bored. but we had crazy team changes, tons to discuss with placings and points, discussion on who was traveling and getting meetups, maybe a red bull lan or basement lan, and halo games that were much more fun than what we have now

and people forget that when the mlg forum got bored it would devolve much faster than i've ever seen beyond devolve to the point that the thread would be locked constantly lol

Cubanex back then Esports wasn't as profitable or marketable. You barely had any orgs. It's basically a cash cow opportunity if done right. I recently saw the Dota 2 payouts and my mind was blown.

So yeah it's kind of in 343 and ESLs best interest to not have month long breaks

And right now maybe 3 esports are "profitable" . You people need to get in your head that the only reason Halo esports exists is as marketing tool to promote Microsoft Games.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

xEqHtII.png

straight upgrade  :kappa:

I've updated those reports so you can select league and it will filter the players list to only players in the selected leagues. It annoyed me trying to find certain players in a massive list so I assume it annoyed others lol

• Upvote (+1) 6

Beyond existed throughout halo 4,

We always find a way

But since we can all acknowledge that their is f all to discuss HCS wise, lets talk about some off topic shit,

I will get the ball rolling:

What do we think will be biggest hits next year: (cause we all know halo won't be doing anything)

• WW2
  • Destiny 2
  • or the wildcard anthem
My money is on ww2 to dominate the market next year. But what do you guys think?

Knack 2

Beyond existed throughout halo 4,

We always find a way

But since we can all acknowledge that their is f all to discuss HCS wise, lets talk about some off topic shit,

I will get the ball rolling:

What do we think will be biggest hits next year: (cause we all know halo won't be doing anything)

• WW2
  • Destiny 2
  • or the wildcard anthem

My money is on ww2 to dominate the market next year. But what do you guys think?

PUBG with the console release

• Upvote (+1) 3

They give Europe Open LAN tournaments but can't even give online tournaments to LATAM, a scene 5 times bigger than EU LOL

agreed

• Upvote (+1) 4

PUBG with the console release

I forgot about this one, this will be huge (if done and managed well)

I really like the concept also, think it will be a big success, is their competitive scene in that or is that h1z1?

Knack 2

Never played the original, haven't the faintest clue what it is about, was the original big?

Not taking any credit as nothing to do with me, I no longer have any part in the EU HCS project, hopefully will still get to cast some stuff but this is all Gfinitys baby now. Massive congrats to my good friend Mark, i'm beyond happy for him that he will get the opportunity to work on a product/game like this that i truly know he feels the same way about as I.

Team at Gfinity is incredible and has always treated me and the EU Halo scene incredibly well, the guys over there are 10/10. I also bet a cheeky @@Meekel will be pretty hyped about this! EU is in solid hands and the format/road map will on do wonders for EU scene.

are you gonna stay with esl, jump to gfinity, or are we gonna see simms the f/a?

sUMDcdv.png

so heres the 2007 schedule. yes there was a lot of downtime and no, no one like to wait, but it was for completely different reasons. the events were so good and exciting that it we were craving more. after an mlg event, i couldn't wait to see more; between the end of pro league and dreamhack, i just feel let down and bored. but we had crazy team changes, tons to discuss with placings and points, discussion on who was traveling and getting meetups, maybe a red bull lan or basement lan, and halo games that were much more fun than what we have now

and people forget that when the mlg forum got bored it would devolve much faster than i've ever seen beyond devolve to the point that the thread would be locked constantly lol

It also helps when the game and system has LAN already built in. We think its a shit show now, just imagine like 32 stations with buggy dev boxes and a server to join. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

ESL is my full time role dude and honestly right now I see this where I am as a job for life (which I've never had before at my last 3 jobs), Halo was a big part of that in the UK office but I've been working on so much right now and a lot of new projects let me focus primarily my casting/presenting career. The team at ESLUK is more like my family that work colleges.

Will be still casting Halo as my primary, I'm not going no where, nothing massive is changing for me except ill be more hands off from the organising/running side of halo events/league/eu.

glad to hear your casting career is taking off. keep us up to date on where we can watch your other projects

• Upvote (+1) 2