CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

xEqHtII.png

straight upgrade :kappa:

can't believe you didn't go for the 'Str8 upgrade' instead

lg is in there. from what i am reading they are already in the finals and the other teams have to compete to get there

my bad. Didn't see those teams when I first looked. I edited the original post to reflect this
  • Upvote (+1) 2

to be fair EG still has 20+ days to practice 

wooohoo month long break! #milk #HCSHypeTrain

Hold on to your butts, we got EU news to make it easier!

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Standard EG, hey guys let's scrim 4 nights in a row to then take 2 weeks off, because why not.

To be fair, Roybox has been on grinding every night (LBX at least), they cant find scrims, or one of the other two is busy

I don't get what is wrong with the month long break , didn't MLG used to host a tournament once every 3 months??. Did you guys complained back then too ?
  • Upvote (+1) 2

Standard EG, hey guys let's scrim 4 nights in a row to then take 2 weeks off, because why not.

Its so frustrating as a fan because they were looking like a solid team with a good practice schedule for a while there.  Who knows, maybe they are playing on alts................................................

Its so frustrating as a fan because they were looking like a solid team with a good practice schedule for a while there. Who knows, maybe they are playing on alts................................................

If I remember correctly Roy said last week that he was gonna take a week off to "reset"

I don't get what is wrong with the month long break , didn't MLG used to host a tournament once every 3 months??. Did you guys complained back then too ?

To be fair, most of their events were pretty awesome and would end with rostermania to a lot of teams to keep fans held over + good content. Different time and era as always compared to what is around now too.

Regarding Halo in 2017, I haven't watched a full Halo match since mid-may UMG Daytona, the next time I'll watch Halo is towards the end of July with DreamHack. Yea, it's my fault for not wanting to punish myself with online Halo 5 viewing, but I'm sure others feel the same. It's been a long ass time since real meaningful Halo was played.

We really have no retention for the fans left right now, unless the HCS is pullung out something that hasn't been announced yet.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't get what is wrong with the month long break

for one the scheduling this season was an absolute joke

May 24 - Day 1
May 25 - Day 2
-6 day break-
June 1 - Day 3
-13 day break-
[June 11 ROSTER CHANGE]
June 14 - Day 4
June 15 - Day 5
-5 day break-
[June 18 ROSTER CHANGE]
June 21 - Day 6
June 22 - Day 7
-28 day break-
July 21 - 23 DreamHack ATL

momentum = hype

are you happy there is a month long gap?  :wutface:

didn't MLG used to host a tournament once every 3 months??. Did you guys complained back then too ?

you're comparing apples and oranges 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Don't lie, it's kinda awesome to see people talk about issues from 2005 that are related to 2017 Halo :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't lie, it's kinda awesome to see people talk about issues from 2005 that are related to 2017 Halo :lxthul:

it makes a lot of sense really

we should absolutely hold '2005 grassroots' MLG to the same standards as a giant multi-million dollar corporation like 2017 ESL

i love how walmart controls the fate of our favorite game, they surely care! ($1M tournament hosted at a gas station)

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hold on to your butts, we got EU news to make it easier!

This forum has been so toxic lately :(

Could you start using the word "bottoms"? I'd feel a lot safer.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

for one the scheduling this season was an absolute joke

May 24 - Day 1
May 25 - Day 2
-6 day break-
June 1 - Day 3
-13 day break-
[June 11 ROSTER CHANGE]
June 14 - Day 4
June 15 - Day 5
-5 day break-
[June 18 ROSTER CHANGE]
June 21 - Day 6
June 22 - Day 7
-28 day break-
July 21 - 23 DreamHack ATL

momentum = hype

are you happy there is a month long gap?  :wutface:

Yeah, that scheduling is atrocious. Honestly, it seems like ESL doesn't give a fuck about Halo and just wants to do the bare minimum. 343 rewards incompetence and everyone is happy at the end of the day. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Did I said "Issues" it just feels weird seeing people complaining about a month break since that has always been the way in Halo.
  • Upvote (+1) 3

Did I said "Issues" it just feels weird seeing people complaining about a month break since that has always been the way in Halo.

It isn't the time so much, more of the retention of it to keep fans engaged until then. HCS / ESL has had this issue for sometime like @@Moses_FPS posted, you just can't have these lengthy breaks and hope it works out. I really don't know what we are going to talk about for the next month.

I changed my sens to 1/3.5/3.5 and I have been playing the best Halo I have played in a long time! Feelsgoodman.

I changed my sens to 1/3.5/3.5 and I have been playing the best Halo I have played in a long time! Feelsgoodman.

I just got my double Ph.D. from Harvard in aim and sensitivity management. Can't wait to find my perfect settings. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I really don't know what we are going to talk about for the next month.

Beyond existed throughout halo 4,

We always find a way

But since we can all acknowledge that their is f all to discuss HCS wise, lets talk about some off topic shit,

I will get the ball rolling:

What do we think will be biggest hits next year: (cause we all know halo won't be doing anything)

• WW2
  • Destiny 2
  • or the wildcard anthem

My money is on ww2 to dominate the market next year. But what do you guys think?

• Upvote (+1) 1

They couldn't find a scrim one night this week, then Falcated couldn't play, then Josbe couldn't play for a couple days. It's disappointing, but hopefully they'll be grinding for the next few weeks.

Cubanex back then Esports wasn't as profitable or marketable. You barely had any orgs. It's basically a cash cow opportunity if done right. I recently saw the Dota 2 payouts and my mind was blown.

So yeah it's kind of in 343 and ESLs best interest to not have month long breaks