CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Do you guys think the days of what happened with h3 where there was a large player base years after release is over for console (more specifically console only games). Cause all the top 10 games based on population on Xbox are games released that year, other than gta5 and minecraft, which are both 2 of the biggest games of all time. (couldn't find anything for PlayStation, but I'll assume it's similar)

All this talk about low population got me thinking.

I'm inclined to agree yes.

People talk about H3 as the pinnacle of Halo, but really, the last game I thought truly captured Halo's mainstay and lasting charm, was H2.

Don't @ me.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm inclined to agree yes.

People talk about H3 as the pinnacle of Halo, but really, the last game I thought truly captured Halo's mainstay and lasting charm, was H2.

Don't @ me.

ill @ u

h3 and reach very much road the massive momentum of the golden era

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

TL 13-0 LUM

OG 11-2 RON

Stellur with the hot 1.7 KD. Stellur has been playing his best halo recently

Ninja with the .67

Stellur with the hot 1.7 KD. Stellur has been playing his best halo recently

Ninja with the .67

truly excited for what liquid can do now

Do you guys think the days of what happened with h3 where there was a large player base years after release is over for console (more specifically console only games). Cause all the top 10 games based on population on Xbox are games released that year, other than gta5 and minecraft, which are both 2 of the biggest games of all time. (couldn't find anything for PlayStation, but I'll assume it's similar)

All this talk about low population got me thinking.

Minecraft and GTAIV are just really good and have service models that keep it pretty fresh.

I think if games like COD, Battlefield, Madden, and NBA 2k didn't cannibalize the playerbase of their old games each year, they'd maintain top10 populations for longer.

Destiny did its thing for a while and will be canninallized by Destiny 2.

I think the days of H3 are over (exclusive game being top10 for years), but not because of market conditions. But because MS and Sony don't make MP games that are good enough AND supported enough while everyone else annualizes.

• Upvote (+1) 1

hopefully they are adding more passes to dreamhack atl

I will be very surprised if it is anything to do with Summer Season. I think it will be something about next Season, which would be great to know for fans and players alike.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Minecraft and GTAIV aHumpflung re just really good and have service models that keep it pretty fresh.

Unless we got a proper Halo game. And while H5 is amazing for what it is, editing tools and such, the core game needs more classic settings.

I think if games like COD, Battlefield, Madden, and NBA 2k didn't cannibalize the playerbase of their old games each year, they'd maintain top10 populations for longer.

Destiny did its thing for a while and will be canninallized by Destiny 2.

I think the days of H3 are over (exclusive game being top10 for years), but not because of market conditions. But because MS and Sony don't make MP games that are good enough AND supported enough while everyone else annualizes.

So EG has decided that the best practice is no practice again eh? Greeeeeeat

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will be very surprised if it is anything to do with Summer Season. I think it will be something about next Season, which would be great to know for fans and players alike.

after reading it a few times it sounds like an eu event

Never in a million years would I assume Liquid would get better by picking up Ace and dropping Rayne. Yet, here they are blistering everyone they scrim.... honeymoon period, or are they for real?

@TiberiusAudley, what do you think Ace brings to the table that was missing?

Never in a million years would I assume Liquid would get better by picking up Ace and dropping Rayne. Yet, here they are blistering everyone they scrim.... honeymoon period, or are they for real?

Nobody will know until Atlanta. 

EDIT: never mind, LG is in this. Wonder what Ninja is going to do. Think I remember someone saying the H1Z1 team will use a substitute

• Upvote (+1) 1

TL 13-0 LUM

OG 11-2 RON

whenever i see scrim scores like these, i always wonder is how much of it was domination and how much of it is the losing team experimenting with new strats or ways to make their fans feel bad

• Upvote (+1) 1

xEqHtII.png

straight upgrade  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

xEqHtII.png

straight upgrade  :kappa:

The DMR of team changes

Yeah i edited this

• Upvote (+1) 1

We also lost Round 1 to FB at Dallas 2010 National Championships.

But got this sick no scope to make up for it :)

Back when you had to go for shots like these and safety wasnt just a button press away.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1