CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It had tight skill matching at launch and has been lowered massively since. People don't realise that they aren't the only sweaty players to play social and blame it on tight skill matching when they don't get a team of bad players to stomp for 15 minutes.

Or they haven't played the game in 6+ months like most people.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Personally I think Menke's idea of merging Social and Ranked playlists is genius for low population games like Halo 5. It will only improve the quality and speed of matchmaking. And would allow for some UNRANKED playlists to have a ranked counterpart, like BTB, Griffball, Infection etc which many people would like. And many of the Ranked playlist could have a social option like Doubles or FFA where players could practice without the need for smurphs or worry of loosing rank.

He even made some suggestions of how to handle some of the concerns;

1. Using the Focused search option to only allow you to match up with plays searching similar playlist to you (ie Ranked or Social)

2. Each player could potentially have a Social and a Ranked MMR. With the assumption when they play social their MMR will be a little lower (playing more casually). But most Social Skirmish games I play are just as sweaty as HCS in my experience. 

There are a few redundant playlists that are currently splitting Halo 5's low arena population, Team Skirmish, Team Arena and HCS. Since the HCS setting are the superior ones, ideally you would merge all 3 playlist in to a single one with HCS setting, but having a social and ranked search option. But I doubt this would happen due to outrage from the casual players. So most likely would be to merge Team Skirmish and Arena. Which unfortunately, doesn't help the HCS low population. 

So another option it to experiment with this type of playlist merge with the new FFA settings refresh up coming. Have ranked and social player search together. This would allow Menke to tweak the MMR before he brings it to Arena.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Splyce 3-0d them at Daytona

Right after they just got reverse swept by Envy. Hard to imagine the OS guys were not on tilt.

Or they haven't played the game in 6+ months like most people.

Shame on them for not researching before mindlessly complaining then.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Shame on them for not researching before mindlessly complaining then.

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound

Does it really matter what they do to the game at this point when it's this dead?

Either way, I hear more people saying social still has really tight MM then saying it's loosened.

• Downvote (-1) 8

don't care about the topic, just want your attention

You never answered @@LethuL's question last night:

What were your best placings during halo 3 at mlg lan events?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound

Does it really matter what they do to the game at this point when it's this dead?

This reads like the shittiest Bob Dylan lyric ever

• Upvote (+1) 1

Seriously... you haven't played in months and you are making judgments about the current state of the game?

Fucking staaaawwwp

There are tons of people who post here a lot more often then I do that don't play this game anymore.

• Downvote (-1) 4

You never answered @@LethuL's question last night:

What were your best placings during halo 3 at mlg lan events?

I was going to but then skekkles told me not to.

Blame Shekkles.

I play this game, live near the woods, bears shit in those woods. Trees fall quite often, i don't hear them, but is that because they landed in bear shit, or because i'm not close enough to champion CSR to play highly competitive social matches with fiesta weapon suites? 

• Upvote (+1) 5

I was going to but then skekkles told me not to.

Blame Shekkles.

FFS @@Shekkles, some of us were enjoying that spat.

What ever happened to the first amendment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

From what I've noticed in communication, drive, dedication and chemistry from the current rosters - I think OS is doing extremely well and could possibly take a series versus Splyce if they clutch it. Those two teams are extremely close. That leaves Optic, nV and Liquid who have been the Big 3 for quite some time now.

You're gonna have to step up your analysis game if you believe every word you just said.

Splyce are very clearly in the same tier as the other top 3 right now.  Especially with nV seeming to have slumped in the mid season (though I think their focused practice before the last week snapped them out of it).

Oxygen Supremacy lost 9-4 to LG last night, 8-5 to Str8 three nights ago.  Before this last week of pro league, nV 13-0'd them.  They didn't even look dominant in the Open cup this past weekend.  They're finally being adapted to now that teams have played them more.

Fact is, for all the hype behind Ryanoob and sometimes Contra on this forum, you have to remember there are two other quantities on that team.  Dastroyed, who, as far as I can tell has been on one other promising Am team through Halo 5...and Nemassist, who we've seen on the skirts of pro team and just not be able to perform at that next level consistently.  (See: Pnda at St. Louis vs Pnda at Vegas w/Danoxide.)

Call it bias but I wish they'd reach out and give an old retiree Michigan State man a second chance at life in the Pro League.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Call it bias but I wish they'd reach out and give an old retiree Michigan State man a second chance at life in the Pro League.

Isn't there some kind of bad blood between Contra & PreDev?

I like Blizzard's better

gby68eirxb6z.png

How Is this the same? One is for being employed with the company for five years and the other is for doing one or two events as a partner for them?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You're gonna have to step up your analysis game if you believe every word you just said.

Splyce are very clearly in the same tier as the other top 3 right now.  Especially with nV seeming to have slumped in the mid season (though I think their focused practice before the last week snapped them out of it).

Oxygen Supremacy lost 9-4 to LG last night, 8-5 to Str8 three nights ago.  Before this last week of pro league, nV 13-0'd them.  They didn't even look dominant in the Open cup this past weekend.  They're finally being adapted to now that teams have played them more.

Fact is, for all the hype behind Ryanoob and sometimes Contra on this forum, you have to remember there are two other quantities on that team.  Dastroyed, who, as far as I can tell has been on one other promising Am team through Halo 5...and Nemassist, who we've seen on the skirts of pro team and just not be able to perform at that next level consistently.  (See: Pnda at St. Louis vs Pnda at Vegas w/Danoxide.)

but I thought scrims were meaningless? 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Splyce are very clearly in the same tier as the other top 3 right now. Especially with nV seeming to have slumped in the mid season (though I think their focused practice before the last week snapped them out of it).

Oxygen Supremacy lost 9-4 to LG last night, 8-5 to Str8 three nights ago. Before this last week of pro league, nV 13-0'd them. They didn't even look dominant in the Open cup this past weekend. They're finally being adapted to now that teams have played them more.

Fact is, for all the hype behind Ryanoob and sometimes Contra on this forum, you have to remember there are two other quantities on that team. Dastroyed, who, as far as I can tell has been on one other promising Am team through Halo 5...and Nemassist, who we've seen on the skirts of pro team and just not be able to perform at that next level consistently. (See: Pnda at St. Louis vs Pnda at Vegas w/Danoxide.)

Walshy coming out of retirement??

I still have some faith this could happen. VicX would be a good match. I know OS has said they want to stick together but they are not the 4 best available players, and they have a whole month to continuously get smacked by pro teams in scrims until ATL. I know they haven't been completely crushed since the Nv scrim but still, they have yet to win an extended series against their toughest contenders, and I wanna see some of these players clogging up the pro scene relegated.

• Upvote (+1) 1

but I thought scrims were meaningless? 

Scrims mean everything.

Nothing is more important than practice.

Not the game.  Not the not the not the game that they play.

Practice.

• Upvote (+1) 6

Who would you have Cam replace on that team?  I haven't watched enough of their gameplay to make that kind of judgement unfortunately.