CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Twitter rant on the released schedule info for Dreamhack Atlanta.   :stern:

6-7 more tweets after the initial one. 

keep fighting the good fight man

no reason to tolerate bs if you love halo and want to see whats best for it

This is what I mean when I say higher skilled players are projecting, and assuming that everyone else likes playing with them.

Loose matchmaking is more fun for higher skilled players than lower skilled players

If you really want social to be fun for everyone, then the system has to have a an ability to know how skilled individual players are and what kinds of matches they had, and match accordingly.

Failing that tight matchmaking makes it more enjoyable for more people as average players don't see much of a difference either way and lower end players aren't getting shit on every match.

Having a system that starts tight-ish then loosens up over time, should give high skilled players the breather they need. I think it perhaps just starts a bit too tight.

Why do the vast majority of players flock to games and playlists with loose skill MM if it's only fun for high skill players (the monority)?

If tight MM that places low and average players with players of just their skill level was what the majority prefers this would not be the case.

Maniac got reamed out in the latest Vision. Also real meme talk at the end.

"Deep down I want to be a fisherman". :laughing:

Serious though, kinda amazing how some of these guys are still on OpTic.

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm favored to win every event so that's not really impressive

Never understood why you're so cocky. What was your highest h3 placement? Like 60th?

You only became good when the franchise started dying and the vast majority of people stopped playing and caring.

You're the best at a game that has 5k people playing it. Relax.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 38

Never understood why you're so cocky. What was your highest h3 placement? Like 60th?

You only became good when the franchise started dying and the vast majority of people stopped playing and caring.

Never understood why you're so cocky. What was your highest rep count? Like 10?
  • Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 3

You can tell Maniac has some growing up to do. Hecz was trying to get through to him when he asked him what if he had to pay for his own stuff(bills, rent, etc.). Nick went on to say he makes more than his friends back home(with Optic salary). He needs to be thinking about getting the money first, then nurturing the passion. Or have a damn good plan to make money doing that passion(Music in his case). Unsure how much he'd get from the Optic fanbase for the music tho. 

You can tell Maniac has some growing up to do. Hecz was trying to get through to him when he asked him what if he had to pay for his own stuff(bills, rent, etc.). Nick went on to say he makes more than his friends back home(with Optic salary). He needs to be thinking about getting the money first, then nurturing the passion. Or have a damn good plan to make money doing that passion(Music in his case). Unsure how much he'd get from the Optic fanbase for the music tho. 

Yea. I'm not sure what the thinking was. I get his passion is music but that doesn't really involve OpTic. If you don't want to make content, stream, be a pro player then why bother being on OpTic at all? Maybe he's just figuring out stuff right now, but it seems Hecz is close to cutting him from the sounds of it. If I was him I'd at least try and juggle some content and stuff that interest him like the music, just don't bail on it all and pull a hail mary like this. Wish him the best though.

• Upvote (+1) 7

Never understood why you're so cocky. What was your highest rep count? Like 10?

Because I often make cocky remarks about my rep...?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Yea. I'm not sure what the thinking was. I get his passion is music but that doesn't really involve OpTic. If you don't want to make content, stream, be a pro player then why bother being on OpTic at all? Maybe he's just figuring out stuff right now, but it seems Hecz is close to cutting him from the sounds of it. If I was him I'd at least try and juggle some content and stuff that interest him like the music, just don't bail on it all and pull a hail mary like this. Wish him the best though.

If he were smart, he would listen and do everything Hecz has told him. It appears he squandered an entire laundry list of requests from him already. He has an opportunity to make a career with content and a fanbase. I hope he plans this next move out to a T before losing his job/house/fanbase and starts at zero. He has only been a pro player and now content creator. I hope for the best as well. @@MaNiaC Good luck man!

• Upvote (+1) 4

First they came for Formal and I said nothing. 

Then they came for LethuL and now I say something. 

Best montage of all Halo and YT comments are gold. 

Also wow @@LethuL check your DMs. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Why do the vast majority of players flock to games and playlists with loose skill MM if it's only fun for high skill players (the monority)?

If tight MM that places low and average players with players of just their skill level was what the majority prefers this would not be the case.

Are we talking about shooters?

Most console shooters don't have the skill gap to have an effect similar to halo. Most games are filled with equalizers- low TTKs, heavier aim assists, kill streaks, massive player counts, etc to the point where an individual's performance is less impactful- allowing for fun to be had regardless of skill disparities.

They are also filled with shit to make players feel like contributors, even if they are trash. ("Here's a giant robot for doing absolutely nothing", "here's XP towards a gun for reviving this teammate", "here use this golden gun for a while")

Being low skilled, and matching a team of high skilled players in halo isn't fun, even if you are playing social. You're just getting shit on. No/ Loose MMR alone just increases the chances that a low end player will get shit on more often and by better players.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Faze has a whole content side that doesn't have to do with their competitive teams. It helps the overall brand, and you could argue they're bigger than optic.

The problem is maniac doesn't help optic anymore. Meanwhile flame has been uploading a lot, and getting views expanding optic into the fitness realm. He's also gotten ripped in the process.

Maniac could always try and live stream music making etc. and help optic grow that way

• Upvote (+1) 2

Because I often make cocky remarks about my rep...?

Shit. I'm almost as bad at forum posting as you were at h3.

You seem like someone that spends an hour each morning choosing an outfit so that they can look like they don't care about what they wear.

I hope not with that trash 415 rep

Shit. I'm almost as bad at forum posting as you were at h3.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Worse yet, are we really already at a place where 343 is done brainstorming/developing ways to try and regain some population? At the risk of inspiring a bunch of "Halo 5 has been a dead game for months you idiot!" responses, I'm worried this is a signal that Halo 5 is dead in the water.

I was still hoping for a new gametype and maybe some competitive Forge maps and new skins. Merging these playlists doesn't seem like it would drive any new traffic, and it seems like an unnecessary risk that could further damage the population if it didn't quite work.

Disclaimer: I'm at the point where my aimer is fucked up again since the last update and I'm crying on twitter about it, so I'm not exactly the best source for logical thoughts about H5 at the moment.

Halo 5 has been a dead game for months you idiot!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You seem like someone that spends an hour each morning choosing an outfit so that they can look like they don't care about what they wear.

This is the most oddly specific insult I've ever seen lol.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Lol dude I was 15 and got 25th at cbus 2010, now fast forward to today and I've been in 15/16/17 straight finals or something and have a nice bank account to look at because of a trash game. You can't be this mad that I'm cooler than you in every way possible and hang with hot dudes.

C6SUJgTU8AAtGcO.jpg

LOL this was the dude who was mad about us having fun in Vegas and then talked about the sports psychologist because I made some sarcastic comment. I know a dude who is a professional stick remover, specifically ones up a butt so hit my DM's for his contact.

Did you really save a screen cap of something I posted for several months?

I'm sorry if I've upset you so deeply.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Did you really save a screen cap of something I posted for several months?

I'm sorry if I've upset you so deeply.

No I remember tweeting it out because of how serious you were over what we were doing after winning, and then after joking around you were still just taking it to heart. Just for fun though what are your best placings? You seem like you've had some success tbh!

• Upvote (+1) 5