CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, I don't know why people don't seem to know about this. Really not looking forward to the shitstorm of disbelief when they bring the AR back. We've known for months that it's coming back.

We know theyve said it but the disbelief will come from the fact that after how much the settings are without them, they still feel the need to add autos back. It will show a complete disregard for what the hcs community wants

I LOVE America, but the one thing I dislike is the hypocrisy towards sex. 

Please please please can we not start this again.

• Upvote (+1) 5

People familiar with Halo 5's API - how has this tool allowed someone to change their weapon skins to anything, without even having it unlocked? From what I can tell, you can switch to all skins in the game (HCS team skins and 343 skins included) by simply logging into the tool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6jlu56/cryptum_021_is_available_h5_resources_tool/

Rocking some locked skins atm, thanks for the link.

Yeah, I don't know why people don't seem to know about this.

Oh yeah im not questioning that, ive been expecting it since they were originally removed as the article clearly stated and heavily hinted they would return reworked.

I just cant imagine currently how our eco-system and playerbase will look if they do return, mainly because of how good the settings are at present without them.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Rocking some locked skins atm, thanks for the link.

I'd be careful. Using premium skins like the HCS and team skins without paying for them is marketplace theft, can get your account and console banned. While their API allows it (somehow?) I doubt they'll let people do it and not take any action of some sort.

I'd be careful. Using premium skins like the HCS and team skins without paying for them is marketplace theft, can get your account and console banned. While their API allows it (somehow?) I doubt they'll let people do it and not take any action of some sort.

I have all the HCS skins already, just wanted Sticker Splatter for the BR and Pistol  :)

I have all the HCS skins already, just wanted Sticker Splatter for the BR and Pistol  :)

Even then, normally you gotta pay for the LootCrate for those.

https://twitter.com/joshua_menke/status/879425869227319296

"One option I have some experience with in other games to alleviate this is instead of splitting a Ranked list, let players choose Ranked or Social, but matchmake them together. Those that match Social don’t have their Ranks or stats affected. The result is higher quality matchmaking for everyone. We can even adjust the MMR of Social players so we don’t put them on your team if they aren’t in “try hard” mode."

I actually think this is a cool idea. It would be a great way to play HCS when .you just want.to chill and not worry about ranks.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

I actually think this is a cool idea. It would be a great way to play HCS when .you just want.to chill and not worry about ranks.

Its a great idea. I think people are drastically overestimating the difference in performance that social vs ranked attitude makes. Larger pool of potential players = better matchmaking

Its a great idea. I think people are drastically overestimating the difference in performance that social vs ranked attitude makes. Larger pool of potential players = better matchmaking

You get the occasionally lopsided match if some high level players are searching socially. But for the most part is better, you get a bigger pool of players that increases the chances of better connections and better matches. Starcraft has been doing it for ever and it works really well.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

People familiar with Halo 5's API - how has this tool allowed someone to change their weapon skins to anything, without even having it unlocked? From what I can tell, you can switch to all skins in the game (HCS team skins and 343 skins included) by simply logging into the tool.

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/6jlu56/cryptum_021_is_available_h5_resources_tool/

I don't remember seeing any part of the API that changed weapon skins, but I don't doubt there are API calls to do that which aren't documented for the public. I guess this guy found these calls and 343 doesn't check if you have the skins unlocked before they are applied (since they assume you'll only do it through the game where they only show you ones you have unlocked).

• Upvote (+1) 3

It'll be the worst decision if they reintroduce the AR. Unless they're going to entirely change its core functionality and make it a difficult to use precision weapon or add some sort of extremely heavy damage and range nerfs and then give it some kind of unrelated utility that has nothing to do with movement speed I have no idea how it will be healthy addition. 

They are balancing the AR, they probably force it again once is "balanced".

Fuck the AR and radar - how about dat? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

You get the occasionally lopsided match if some high level players are searching socially. But for the most part is better, you get a bigger pool of players that increases the chances of better connections and better matches. Starcraft has been doing it for ever and it works really well.

The mmr wouldn't change. You'd still be matching people your party should be matching

Cratos babyj commonly prototype winning scrim vs oxygen now

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I just cant imagine currently how our eco-system and playerbase will look if they do return, mainly because of how good the settings are at present without them.

"Don't fix what isn't broken." - The opposite of 343's motto

Loving matchmaking crashing 5 times before you get a game today, every single time.... dope

• Upvote (+1) 3

"Don't fix what isn't broken." - The opposite of 343's motto

Matchmaking seems to be working fine, sure be a shame if someone, fucked with it

At this point, it should be pretty clear to 343 that no AR and autos is what's best for HCS. If they're actually working on balancing it, it's a waste of time. They should be spending that time on things that will possibly benefit the scene like a new map. Something they haven't done since September last year! (with Mercy of all maps)

Although oddball is coming next month so that's something

This has been going on since most of Halo 5, just not the best feeling losing majority of games some nights. The skill-gap between us 4 is noticeable (plat to onyx) so I think that causes it thinking about it. My friend actually made a site tracking us 4 playing if you want to see it.

I'd like to see it Ray. Send it over to Dr. Menke and we'll check it out.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Did you guys have the same feeling in Team Arena prior to the playlist split?

Yes but not as bad in subtle ways.

What has taken away my will to play some nights.

- The new settings enhance the need for call outs and team shooting (This is a good thing, not complaining - it is just how it is). Even as a team of 3 playing near perfect Halo you'll lose because of the 4th playing by himself. Games like CTF Fathom you really need all 4 guys blocking spawns and working together to get a pull and cap. Regret and Truth slayer can feel like you're playing by yourself when only your random 4th is off doing his own thing and you're getting rotated on blue base to red base and back again. Just an average 4th making your life miserable seems just too much to take sometimes.

- One of the latest updates made it harder to rank up. This is whatever and all, but when you grind out 3 wins against equal ranks and then get stomped on by champ smurfs ranked gold it drops you back to where you were before the 3 hard fought wins. Once again it simply breaks your moral.

- Head shot registration is simply a bitch.  

They just need to git gud.

Pretty much man

• Upvote (+1) 1

It'll be the worst decision if they reintroduce the AR. Unless they're going to entirely change its core functionality and make it a difficult to use precision weapon or add some sort of extremely heavy damage and range nerfs and then give it some kind of unrelated utility that has nothing to do with movement speed I have no idea how it will be healthy addition.

I think @@Yiws said that it would be up to the pros if the AR is reintroduced into HCS and it probably won't be.

• Upvote (+1) 2