CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

God can the GoW staff please fucking fix the screen flicker, the stream has been fucked for over an hour and its killing me.

it has to be the capture from the console. after the game the stream is fine

I'd try tweeting these accounts regarding the issues

https://twitter.com/UGCevents

https://twitter.com/EsportsGears

https://twitter.com/JackFellingTC

MLG isnt running this tournament.

Keep forgetting that. Finding out who is running what can be confusing considering MLG showed off Groups and this was their "secret venue." I know it was UGC's thing but that gets buried IMO. 

Can I ask the people who post about people saying MLG is perfect, are you actually serious or trolling? I get the feeling it's serious.

Come again?

:uncledrew:

Might just be my lack of reading comprehension atm but I'm genuinely not sure what point you're trying to make.

I'll echo the current sentiment, these player vids are awesome. Xbox marketing team is top-tier and am looking forward to a weekend of college hoops and Gears of War. 

Also love seeing Jersey boys make it. Gives me hope. :ace:

Update from Jack

Seems to be fixed on my end. No screen flicker.

Hot damn they are streaming 1080p 60fps @4500kbps. Pushing stream quality to the limit.

Random but I hate that twitter who to follow stuff - I see Quinn's "making multiplayer games 20% cooler in ten seconds flat" bio and start dry heaving on the spot.

The way I see it you have two options. You can 1) follow him :apg: OR 2) block him :simms:

Who the Hell is UGC? What a trash tornado this Gears event is.

Definitely.

Not like they ran a good Halo event or anything...

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

snip

Some people will just get on the forums to be contrary. Its probably just a reaction to people who feel MLG can do no wrong even though that applies to like two people in these threads. Anyone that applies common sense will know every TO has issues and that MLG is just better at a lot of stuff and not that MLG is infallible or something like that.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Basically, anytime there's an issue with Halo and people bring up MLG coming up - you and a few others try and counter with issues that may be a decade old with MLG. Most people know no TO is perfect, but the constant need to bring up issues that really hold no candle to the current issues happening. I'm just curious to why? I mean, I highly disliked MLG not having chairs in 2012, using Octoshape in Halo 3, website crashing for team passes, etc as much as the next guy - but even I know that they would do a hell of a lot better than any of the last TO used in the last 6 months.

Like are you actually serious? or do you have legit gripes and are happy where Halo is now.

"You and a few others"? When do I ever bring up ancient MLG issues in context to current issues? You're either going back to when I first started posting or confusing me with someone else.

At the end of the day I'd love to have MLG back as much as anyone else, I just don't think it's something that's realistic to expect, given how stubborn 343 seems to be for whatever reason. So we can either protest and boycott HCS until they bring MLG back (which I have no reason to do as I still enjoy the product, despite its flaws) or continue to support it. I personally don't think MLG is a bridge worth the entire HCS dying on. There are other roads 343 can take to right the ship, and I think Microsoft and 343 would sooner cut the entire HCS budget than start working with MLG again. It kind of sucks that this is our situation, but I'll take it over going back to another unfunded AGL dark age.

Sometimes I think "you and a few others" would rather see the entire esport crash and burn than see it prosper without MLG and Ohio events. And yes, I'm well aware that it's a ways away from prospering.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 12

while i agree that sprint should be removed, i think ARs are top priority. its not fun to watch and not fun to play. the thing i loved about halo was that even if you caught me from behind and got that first shot on me, i could whip around and out strafe/shoot you. much like the heavy sniper aim assist, its taken a game of skill and turned it into a game of chance. if you see me first, you are much more likely to get the kill. sprint and radar seem to be added in to counteract the OP nature of autos to give you an easy out and to allow you to crouch in corners and spy your opponents.

the three are pretty woven together but pull the autos out first and i think you see the other 2 fall away. without autos, i dont think you need the others, just the increase in base movement speed and jump height @@Neighbor mentioned

I agree

One of the Hot Pocket's ladies undercooked a side-shot for me at Columbus 2011. I don't understand this non-stop pro-MLG/anti-ESL brigade.

Was it a free hot pocket or did you have to pay for an undercooked hot pocket?

"You and a few others"? When do I ever bring up ancient MLG issues in context to current issues? You're either going back to when I first started posting or confusing me with someone else.

At the end of the day I'd love to have MLG back as much as anyone else, I just don't think it's something that's realistic to expect, given how stubborn 343 seems to be for whatever reason. So we can either protest and boycott HCS until they bring MLG back (which I have no reason to do as I still enjoy the product, despite its flaws) or continue to support it. I personally don't think MLG is a bridge worth the entire HCS dying on. There are other roads 343 can take to right the ship, and I think Microsoft and 343 would sooner cut the entire HCS budget than start working with MLG again. It kind of sucks that this is our situation, but I'll take it over going back to another unfunded AGL dark age.

Sometimes I think "you and a few others" would rather see the entire esport crash and burn than see it prosper without MLG and Ohio events. And yes, I'm well aware that it's a ways away from prospering.

GET THIS GUY OUTTA HERE.

• Upvote (+1) 7

I'm just skeptical of MLG.tv, and if Halo were to go back to being run by MLG, if it would be exclusive there. The COD streams on MLG tv have been great so far, just afraid of Halo potentially not growing due to tournaments being streamed on MLG.tv exclusively. I've heard mostly good things about the in-person aspects of MLG events, and hope that we can at least get a few MLG lans (and their COD LAN League structure sounds amazing, and hope for Halo to have something like that in the future.)

• Upvote (+1) 1