HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

i don't ever want to play AR corner camp Radar halo again, i can't and i won't

i'll play LoL before i ever play that style of halo again, no offense

You mean POSITIONAL GAMEPLAY
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I played some team arena this weekend and I had genuinely forgotten how easy it was. But at the same time, I had very little fun.

HCS or nothing for me in terms of a competitive 4v4 playlist. The others (barring maybe ffa) are fine without the hcs settings Tbh.

Is that an adolescent APG making the RC face in the bottom right?

Yes.

@@aPG been around since foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Upvote (+1) 2

A part of me died every time a caster praised someone's use of radar

• Upvote (+1) 9

Only thing I really want for "fun" are maps in btb that have magnum starts. With no vehicles.

Yes

@@aPG been around since foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

And he's only 23 somehow

sounds like he should have dropped himself ...

I totally agree he should have looked at himself as objectively, the worst player on that team hands down. The glory to being the team captain i guess. Reminds of other beast players being dropped back in the day, Walshy being the biggest example of that.

I agree with Moses, if HCS goes back to AR Radar Ill be done with Halo

This. AR is unacceptable, I don't care how they "balance" it, keep that shit out of pro settings.
  • Upvote (+1) 7

4XRoCqZ.gif

--

I'll throw out one more question for you though. Were you comfortable/satisfied with the treatment of Halo 5's gameplay and balance prior to the HCS split?

I only ask because I was very much on your side regarding the decision to maintain universal settings, but that still doesn't elude the fact that Halo (as a whole, not even just H5) has rarely seen any major or significant post-launch balance changes. Overwatch, CS:GO, Call of Duty, Battlefield, fighting games, MOBAs, they all continually modify and refine their games (even if they have sequels or continuous esports seasons), but Halo rarely sees game-wide balance changes on the same scale as these games. I don't understand why it is this way when we are aiming to be on the same scale of those franchises?

Lack of resources being allocated to substantial sustain? Lack of understanding from designers? Misinterpretation of data? Stubbornness from higher ups?

It honestly is quite puzzling to me.

This is pretty much the one thing that we will never agree on.  

I think universal settings are not only harmful to Halo specifically, but also overstated as "fact" for almost every game that people like to use to support the argument.

• Upvote (+1) 4

This is pretty much the one thing that we will never agree on.  

I think universal settings are not only harmful to Halo specifically, but also overstated as "fact" for almost every game that people like to use to support the argument.

That post wasn't exactly referring to an argument for universal settings, but rather asking why Halo receives the least post-launch balance modifications out of any AAA multiplayer game I've played.

In terms of universal settings, I don't necessarily believe that what we play needs to be 1:1 with what the "core" game is, but I believe the current "format" we are using is an atrocity that is very non-conducive for growth.

• Upvote (+1) 2

@@Moses_FPS dude, I don't follow you on Twitter to get the latest updates on poop sightings in the UFC.

then maybe you should get off tweetdeck and stop lurking my likes? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

btw poop in the cage is hilarious 

• Upvote (+1) 6

So 343 are thinking of merging ranked and social playlists that are similar. People searching ranked can match up against people searching social  :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That post wasn't exactly referring to an argument for universal settings, but rather asking why Halo receives the least post-launch balance modifications out of any AAA multiplayer game I've played.

In terms of universal settings, I don't necessarily believe that what we play needs to be 1:1 with what the "core" game is, but I believe the current "format" we are using is an atrocity that is very non-conducive for growth.

Exactly, the barrier to entry for the majority of players swapping from other playlists to HCS is huge. Its already really punishing to players who have been on the new settings for the majority of the playlists existence, and i personally wont play anything except HCCS, but new comers dont stand a chance, even in the silver bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 1

then maybe you should get off tweetdeck and stop lurking my likes? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

btw poop in the cage is hilarious

Did you see her tweet after the bout? #ShitHappens, she's owning it Bro. Fantastic haha

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you see her tweet after the bout? #ShitHappens, she's owning it Bro. Fantastic haha

haha yes that was so clever, she literally couldn't have handled it any better 

she must have went to the lethul school of social media PR  :kappa:

So 343 are thinking of merging ranked and social playlists that are similar. People searching ranked can match up against people searching social   :uncledrew:

our population must really suck lol...

• Upvote (+1) 3

So 343 are thinking of merging ranked and social playlists that are similar. People searching ranked can match up against people searching social  :uncledrew:

Yes, players searching social get full radar and players searching ranked get HCS radar but are matched together. Sounds fair :simms:

"One option I have some experience with in other games to alleviate this is instead of splitting a Ranked list, let players choose Ranked or Social, but matchmake them together. Those that match Social don’t have their Ranks or stats affected. The result is higher quality matchmaking for everyone. We can even adjust the MMR of Social players so we don’t put them on your team if they aren’t in “try hard” mode."
  • Upvote (+1) 4

97d.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1