CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

"Halo 5's core MP is a thing that would be refined and tuned in the future, not rebooted, reinvented or reset. That doesn't preclude any number of improvements, additions or completely new modes and methods of play, but the team does recognize the core strengths, advantages and extensibility of the current MP tune."

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=209486860&postcount=293

Ok so sprint will still be in the game,

But the other abilities could still be removed (I believe all of them are toggleable right now)

With all this Halo 5 talk, I play once a week with some local buddies in the arena playlist. My biggest problem is we don't really play outside that night and we match up with some of the sweatiest kids of all time, I'm getting flashbacks of high rank MLG playlist back in the day (not the good kind). Not sure if this falls under Josh, not a lot of people playing Halo 5 anymore, etc but by the end of our game night everyone is frustrated counting down the days of the next CoD or w/e game we can replace it with.

This could be an isolated situation with our wide range of skill gap. Obviously we want competitive matches, but my god at least make them winnable.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

photoshopbattles

is it just me or does Quinn look like gavin belson from silicon valley

2csdIY4.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 6

is it just me or does Quinn look like gavin belson from silicon valley

2csdIY4.jpg

I like how you took @@Infinity's version with the splinter and Assault Rifle in the glasses.

Ok so sprint will still be in the game,

But the other abilities could still be removed (I believe all of them are toggleable right now)

If they continue with a halo 5 type base for halo 6. Competitive halo will officially die.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

With all this Halo 5 talk, I play once a week with some local buddies in the arena playlist. My biggest problem is we don't really play outside that night and we match up with some of the sweatiest kids of all time, I'm getting flashbacks of high rank MLG playlist back in the day (not the good kind). Not sure if this falls under Josh, not a lot of people playing Halo 5 anymore, etc but by the end of our game night everyone is frustrated counting down the days of the next CoD or w/e game we can replace it with.

This could be an isolated situation with our wide range of skill gap. Obviously we want competitive matches, but my god at least make them winnable.

Yup, I have 2-3 good friends from college and H3 days and we're low onyx - high diamond in HCS/married with kids/play on the weekend and holy shit some nights you lose 8 of 10 games because you miss one call out or miss handle the flag or miss that perfect. 

I think it is the player base. The only kids playing HCS or any ranked playlist are sweaty as hell.

Yup, I have 2-3 good friends from college and H3 days and we're low onyx - high diamond in HCS/married with kids/play on the weekend and holy shit some nights you lose 8 of 10 games because you miss one call out or miss handle the flag or miss that perfect. 

I think it is the player base. The only kids playing HCS or any ranked playlist are sweaty as hell.

Did you guys have the same feeling in Team Arena prior to the playlist split?

• Upvote (+1) 2

It's very hard to balance since there is no party restrictions and Smurfs are rampant too. There needs to be a level restriction to enter ranked play, we also need party restrictions.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

To speak for myself... 

This "problem" wasn't as consistent in Arena.  HCS is a higher skilled group of players though, which is why i think this scenario is more likely than it may have been previously.  There are simply less bad kids and Menke's party-skill matching system isn't implemented yet, so if you get a bad run against proper teams,you can drop many games in a row.

In my case there are 2 scenarios in which i play halo:

1) On my couch 12 feet away from the big TV when i want to chill and

2) in an office chair 2 feet from my 24" gaming monitor when i want to sweat

In both those cases, i simply can't stand playing game that have default radar and AR starts anymore.  The HCS list, despite being a sweatfest, is much less prone to "battle bullshit" and proper pistol vs. pistol battles are so much more fun than random pistol vs anything else.  It's settings are very good.  My solution is that i have 2 tags.  One tag that i use when i lounge and play on my TV, and my main tag which i use when i have my monitor setup.  The only time I ever play another playlist is when @@Hard Way invites me for big team.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This has been going on since most of Halo 5, just not the best feeling losing majority of games some nights. The skill-gap between us 4 is noticeable (plat to onyx) so I think that causes it thinking about it. My friend actually made a site tracking us 4 playing if you want to see it.

I don't play Halo anymore for a number of reasons (work/social calendar, friends don't play, dislike of "evolved" mechanics)

From a spectator perspective the game feels stale to me because it got to a certain point with settings/maps/gametypes and then it stopped or there were massive gaps in between any changes. Now you add into the mix the fact that I might be waiting at least a year (although it's probably going to be even longer) before I see a new game being played and I start to lose interest incredibly quickly.

It's more of a testament to this community and the pro players that I continue to keep reading and posting to these forums. I also still think Halo is the most exciting esport that not a lot of people are watching. I'd even stack it up against the more well known titles that get hundreds of thousands of viewers in terms of excitement.

I'm uncertain if 343 anticipated having to support competitive Halo 5 for as long as it will have to at this point but I really think there'll need to be some drastic changes if the game isn't going to hit another slump before Halo 6 (what those changes may be would be a seperate discussion). I don't really foresee myself watching through 2018 if things stay the same or only change slightly.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Don't even think about merging HCS back with the general playlists (unless HCS settings are default). I can't stand the default Halo 5 settings. OP autos, radar, numerous dumb weapons scattered everywhere - horrible. 

HCS is the best thing Arena has going for it. 

• Upvote (+1) 8