CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

• Your first point is completely subjective (I do not agree with your assessment of H5)
  • Maybe, but I'm pretty sure IW is MUCH more unpopular within the CoD community than H5. It started with the release trailer lol
  • Sure.
  • H5 is not exactly a ghost town (nor is it some thriving metropolis), and it is patently false to claim a similarity to Halo for "you can find a game easier in previous cod games than you can in IW." Umm, MCC matchmaking? Or you're saying that it's easier to find a game in H4 right now than H5? I can find games in Halo much faster than I can even in Overwatch (on XB1). Other than SWAT and FFA, of course.

I could respond but you missed the main point of my post.

Fuck it yolo

There is no need to compare them, they are both perceived by their respective communities as bad.

It is like comparing two turds to see which is the slightly better

There is no point, this is widely perceived as the worst cod ever,so of course halo will appear to be doing respectfully well in comparison

But if anyone is delusional enough to believe halo is in a good spot, then you are blind, 

The scene may not be dying, (kept afloat by money) but it is sure as hell not growing - and with another year and half of this game signs look ominous.

Meanwhile ww2 will have so much hype surrounding it that so long as it inst a mcc, cod will be back up where it belongs comfortably in the top 10 games played on twitch whilst halo will struggle to get 2,000 viewers daily just like halo 4.

Stop comparing halo 5 to IW they are boh failures, (of different magnitudes of course) halo has not capitalized on the worst cod ever - THAT IS A FUCKING FAILURE OF EPIC PREPORTIONS 

I could respond but you missed the main point of my post.

Fuck it yolo

There is no need to compare them, they are both perceived by their respective communities as bad.

It is like comparing two turds to see which is the slightly better

There is no point, this is widely perceived as the worst cod ever,so of course halo will appear to be doing respectfully well in comparison

But if anyone is delusional enough to believe halo is in a good spot, then you are blind, 

The scene may not be dying, (kept afloat by money) but it is sure as hell not growing - and with another year and half of this game signs look ominous.

Meanwhile ww2 will have so much hype surrounding it that so long as it inst a mcc, cod will be back up where it belongs comfortably in the top 10 games played on twitch whilst halo will struggle to get 2,000 viewers daily just like halo 4.

Stop comparing halo 5 to IW they are boh failures, (of different magnitudes of course) halo has not capitalized on the worst cod ever - THAT IS A FUCKING FAILURE OF EPIC PREPORTIONS 

I think AW is right there with IW. Im not sure which one is worse but i think most ppl would say IW is worse. The other thing is that BO3 and IW are, at least partially, a product of what came before. Because there are 3 different devs working on Cod, when Sledgehammer started these new mechanics I think Treyarch and Infinity Ward wanted to make sure they weren't the odd man out in public opinion so they followed suit. By the time it was clear the new mechanics were shit and everyone hated them, it was too late to go back so they just went with it. That may be whats taking H6 so long. Maybe they're going back and redoing some things to make the game more like basic Halo. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, idk. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think AW is right there with IW. Im not sure which one is worse but i think most ppl would say IW is worse. The other thing is that BO3 and IW are, at least partially, a product of what came before. Because there are 3 different devs working on Cod, when Sledgehammer started these new mechanics I think Treyarch and Infinity Ward wanted to make sure they weren't the odd man out in public opinion so they followed suit. By the time it was clear the new mechanics were shit and everyone hated them, it was too late to go back so they just went with it. That may be whats taking H6 so long. Maybe they're going back and redoing some things to make the game more like basic Halo. Maybe this is just wishful thinking, idk.

AW is definitely worse. Weapon balance was nutty and the jet packs were insane. It just got lucky that it was the first game doing the jet packs. If you switched IW and AW around you'd see very similar numbers I guarantee it. But yea IW isn't that great especially coming after Blops 3.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

OG Titanfall is the only game where wallrunning doesnt bug me. It still has the best execution of the mechanic of any game.

Agreed. I think Titanfall 1 was way more fun than Titanfall 2

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finished Halothon yesterday and now I'm back to catch up on the forums. 18 pages behind oh boy.

I'm going in!

oKJTQ.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

Finished Halothon yesterday and now I'm back to catch up on the forums. 18 pages behind oh boy.

I'm going in!

oKJTQ.gif

18 is nothing. I don't know the exact number, but catching up when I woke up after they announced Worlds was in Burbank took 3+ hours

Catch up points:

- Can't believe pros still don't realize Map % isn't a tiebreaker, but a part of the standings. It's been this way for 3 seasons now.

- People still think 10 teams is too much for Pro League. "Winless team lol". The number of series were literally cut in half. Oxygen Supremacy the "AM" team finished 5th last LAN event. Pro League itself imo is a trash idea, but if we have to keep it, stop making it so exclusive. More teams = more players = more orgs = more fans = more interest.

- Halo 5 is an ok game, but I just can't have fun in it. In my mind, it's not Halo. Better game than IW? Yes. Better put together? Hell no.

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Halo taking a prolonged break and then 'rebooting' with a back to basics game could save the franchise.

It's a shame that 343 is too proud for that to ever happen as that would force them to accept the fact that classic Halo is far superior to any of there 'Halo" games.

It's a shame that 343 is too proud for that to ever happen as that would force them to accept the fact that classic Halo is far superior to any of there 'Halo" games.

At this point I bet it's not their decision. For H6 not to be at any conferences seems like someone is redirecting whatever they've been doing and I doubt it was them

Why are people praising 343 for their games "progressively getting better"? Bungie actually released good games a couple of times, not surprising they couldn't continuously improve upon that.  

343 released hands down the worst game in the series and then a game that didn't even work.  It's like failing two tests and then patting yourself on the back because you got a D+ on the third.  

Also, happy birthday @@Clap

• Upvote (+1) 3

Does the open circuit still have cups or tournaments or anything? Sorry if this has been brought up often, havent been around in months.

Why are people praising 343 for their games "progressively getting better"? Bungie actually released good games a couple of times, not surprising they couldn't continuously improve upon that.  

343 released hands down the worst game in the series and then a game that didn't even work.  It's like failing two tests and then patting yourself on the back because you got a D+ on the third.  

Also, happy birthday @@Clap

each subsequent Bungie release got worse ten fold. H1>H2>H3>Reach. The first three were miles better than H5, but just sayin'

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

OS getting worked by STR8 right now and some of you guys still think that Pro League needs more teams? Give me a break.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

It's fun to look at everyone saying that "Every game after CE got worse" or "H3 hands down is the best game" as if it's objective.

It's fun to look at everyone saying that "Every game after CE got worse" or "H3 hands down is the best game" as if it's objective.

it's not objective no matter what anyone in the minority says. Every Bungie game got worse over time. H1 was the pinnacle and Reach was the fucking basement.

• Downvote (-1) 1

What do people not like about iw I feel like it's the same exact game as bo3. Seriously they're like mechanically identical