CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's seriously people on this forum trying to convince other people that any CoD from the last few years is better than Halo 5?

You guys are fucking delusional lmao

BlOps 3 is a better mobility gimmicks console shooter, yes. It has better movement mechanics, more consistent performance, functional aiming, a far more robust feature set, better maps, and so forth. And the way in which it completely kicked H5's ass in terms of sales, population, and retention reinforces that fact.

But that's not even the point. The exact quote is "the game is 100x better than the last couple of CoD," which is ridiculous. Who's delusional exactly? Halo 5 is mediocre at best. IW is shit, but there is a certain point where Halo fans need to come to grips with reality. Same goes for the "Halo takes soooooo much more skill than CoD" narrative. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Anyone still desperate to convince themselves that Halo 5 is a respectable FPS isn't going to be convinced of anything to the contrary if they are still defending the game at this point in its lifespan.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Aiming. Casual playlists. Hit registration. Actual weapon variety. Better aiming. Oh and better aiming.

I can agree with everything, but the bolded isn't an argument. No matter how bad a COD game is, it will have better weapon variety than Halo because Halo has never been and never should be about weapon variety. I'll take a solid utility weapon over weapon variety any day. Maybe I'm misinterpreting your point tho

• Upvote (+1) 3

I hate that wall running is even in CoD but i low-key kinda enjoy doing it sometimes. That being said, WWII can't get here fast enough.

Anyone arguing about COD vs Halo loses the argument before it even gets started because it is a pointless apples and oranges argument to begin with. Even arguing sales or success between the two or COD or Halo returning to "true" COD or Halo is nothing that can really be argued - this is just shit throwing opinions - 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Did Oxygen Supremacy choose not to play in the last online cup today? 

If they're not, I'm guessing it's cuz they already have the #1 seed locked

Did Oxygen Supremacy choose not to play in the last online cup today? 

It's an open cup today, I assume they are already qualified for the legendary cup tomorrow.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Aiming. Casual playlists. Hit registration. Actual weapon variety. Better aiming. Oh and better aiming.

Weapon variety? Teams use the same 3 guns every loadout.

Halo has never been known for variety, and even then 3/4 rifles in this game actually have different functions/ROF.

• Upvote (+1) 1

BlOps 3 is a better mobility gimmicks console shooter, yes. It has better movement mechanics, more consistent performance, functional aiming, a far more robust feature set, better maps, and so forth. And the way in which it completely kicked H5's ass in terms of sales, population, and retention reinforces that fact.

But that's not even the point. The exact quote is "the game is 100x better than the last couple of CoD," which is ridiculous. Who's delusional exactly? Halo 5 is mediocre at best. IW is shit, but there is a certain point where Halo fans need to come to grips with reality. Same goes for the "Halo takes soooooo much more skill than CoD" narrative. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything. Anyone still desperate to convince themselves that Halo 5 is a respectable FPS isn't going to be convinced of anything to the contrary if they are still defending the game at this point in its lifespan.

I'd say it's fair to at least acknowledge Halo 5 is a better direction to take Halo over Reach and 4's direction. 

If we're going to be force fed NEW Halo I'd take a more polished H5 sequel with better combat mechanics over Reach or 4 any day. 

Also, Halo 5 is a hell of a lot of fun to watch somehow. Less noob friendly gun mechanics and no sprint would have made Halo 5 incredible. They choked on the most simple changes 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

OG Titanfall is the only game where wallrunning doesnt bug me. It still has the best execution of the mechanic of any game.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Black Ops 2 was seen in many ways as the peak of competitive cod.

It had:

1. Broken corner glitches even on LAN

2. Blur glitches

3. Obnoxious and broken headglitches

4. Uncompetitive and gimmicky scorestreaks

5. Horrendous online connection

6. MMS

These are examples of some problems that relate to competitive play; I'm not even going to get into all of the stuff that plagued normal playlists that had to be banned. I say all of this as someone who still plays Black Ops 2 sometimes and often enjoys it.

Black Ops 3 competitive play had similar problems with the addition of Bluetooth problems and then the introduction of the Cronus max as a "solution" (research the history of that stuff if you want to see how much of a joke a tournament can be)

IW is almost universally regarded as worse than any previous cod game even with all of their problems. It's obviously hyperbole to say that Halo 5 is 100x better but it's hard to argue it's not more competitive than cod. I say this as someone who heavily criticizes Halo 5

The fact that cod sold better only proves as much as Transformers selling more than whatever movie will get Best Picture will prove.

i love you

• Upvote (+1) 1

tony hawk tho  :kappa:

Once Rage Against The Machine came on you knew it was going to be a good skate session.

• Upvote (+1) 7

This weekend is an awesome one for esports. We have overwatch contenders, cwl sheffield, lck, eulcs, and nalcs, plus some dota, wow, hots, and hearthstone. I love watching how well done these other leagues are and comparing it to hcs so i can have a good cry

Weapon variety? Teams use the same 3 guns every loadout.

Halo has never been known for variety, and even then 3/4 rifles in this game actually have different functions/ROF.

What pros use is irrelevant. In pubs you can use pretty much any gun and still be good. and uhhhhhh Halo 5 literally tried SOOOOO hard to be all about weapon variety. There are like 100 different guns in this game. And they are all overpowered nonsense. Yea Halo shouldn't be about weapon variety, but guess what? 343 made it that way and they failed. Hard.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Infinite warfare is a joke, and their community hates it more than this could try to hate h5. There's nothing that game has that is more enjoyable than h5. Stop it.

Okay so I have played both games and let me tell you now there are alot of similarites:

• They are both shit
  • They are both not popular amongnst their respective communities
  • Twitch viewership is low for both (on a daily basis), cod still blows us out of the water for lan's
  • they are both ghost towns - you can find a game easier in previous cod games than you can in IW,

So you see comparing halo 5 to the worst received call of duty ever is a bit meaningless and may i point out that their is no metric where halo 5 comes out on top. Their entire community is just waiting for ww2. If you want to compare halo 5 to cod you are just 4 short months away from a massive disappointment as call of duty is doing what halo should have done years ago which is go back to its roots.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Okay so I have played both games and let me tell you now there are alot of similarites:

• They are both shit
  • They are both not popular amongnst their respective communities
  • Twitch viewership is low for both (on a daily basis), cod still blows us out of the water for lan's
  • they are both ghost towns - you can find a game easier in previous cod games than you can in IW,

So you see comparing halo 5 to the worst received call of duty ever is a bit meaningless and may i point out that their is no metric where halo 5 comes out on top. Their entire community is just waiting for ww2. If you want to compare halo 5 to cod you are just 4 short months away from a massive disappointment as call of duty is doing what halo should have done years ago which is go back to its roots.

• Your first point is completely subjective (I do not agree with your assessment of H5)
  • Maybe, but I'm pretty sure IW is MUCH more unpopular within the CoD community than H5. It started with the release trailer lol
  • Sure.
  • H5 is not exactly a ghost town (nor is it some thriving metropolis), and it is patently false to claim a similarity to Halo for "you can find a game easier in previous cod games than you can in IW." Umm, MCC matchmaking? Or you're saying that it's easier to find a game in H4 right now than H5? I can find games in Halo much faster than I can even in Overwatch (on XB1). Other than SWAT and FFA, of course.
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

massive disappointment as call of duty is doing what halo should have done years ago which is go back to its roots.

hello darkness my old friend

halo-ce-hold-me.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

i love you

❤️, and I forgot to mention that the auto aim is even stronger than halo 4's, which in combination with the low kill times and hip fire mechanics makes individual fights gimmicky.

I remember when people were debating whether to put scorestreaks in Black Ops 2 and a large part of the pro-scorestreak argument was that the game would be too boring to watch without something like scorestreaks for the audience to follow. Basically, the belief of these people (who as I recall might have included pros and developers) was that the game was so basic and repetitive that they needed a shiny object to dangle in front of the audience's faces.

Halo taking a prolonged break and then 'rebooting' with a back to basics game could save the franchise.

@@ahawowow with the wishful thinking. No way.

I agree