CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Agreed that observer mode accuracy is better than spectator mode accuracy, but think it's very far off from being 95% right.

It's not 95% right, it's at least on the person. Even if that means they are shooting them in the foot and getting a headshot at least they aren't shooting walls all game.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Nah, it still looks shitty.  Plenty of times I see gun battles where it looks like the player on screen misses every single shot then all the sudden the opponent is dead with a perfect shot indicator in the bottom left.  That shit would be so confusing for new viewers and make Halo's aiming look like the most forgiving aiming system in console history.

If only they really knew...

• Upvote (+1) 2

The key is to have compelling storylines and give people a reason to watch.

This is exactly why I only care about HCS results. It's not interesting to watch and I don't feel invested in watching it. Half the players I don't know or really care about.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

That wasn't observer mode, the stream was dropping frames when it was showing the analysts desk.

During the splyce series, it was observer mode being laggy not the stream.

https://youtu.be/CQA7ht0IpdM

Lunchbox decision to switch Nades in the heat of the moment in a fraction of second won the game 5 for EG. Incredible last kill.

"Let's win the series so we do t have to hear these fucking ******* talk on Twitter about how they should have won" -roy

lmao

I wish more teams would record like this, and upload. Lunch needs to calm down. He's so angry for no reason

It's a shame that just as competitive gaming is entering the mainstream, Halo is the worst of the titles involved.

Worst ran, but the game is 100x better than the last couple of CoD
  • Upvote (+1) 7

You really believe that, don't you? lmao.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

H5 isn't 100x better than anything. Game is absolute trash, I'd sit and list the faults and problems but it's not even worth the time. Even ran perfectly this horrible game would have done nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 6

You really believe that, don't you? lmao.

Infinite warfare is a joke, and their community hates it more than this could try to hate h5. There's nothing that game has that is more enjoyable than h5. Stop it.
  • Upvote (+1) 9

Infinite warfare is a joke, and their community hates it more than this could try to hate h5. There's nothing that game has that is more enjoyable than h5. Stop it.

Aiming. Casual playlists. Hit registration. Actual weapon variety. Better aiming. Oh and better aiming.
  • Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Would it kill pros not to put spoilers in their stream title after pro league? It's annoying

Totally this.

Its rare i can stay up to watch NA matches or whole tourneys so i have to avoid almost every medium i typically use (beyond, twitter, twitch) as it always spoils it. Its understandable with beyond and twitter but dropping on to twitch to see a stream title saying 'congrats Optic' or something is like 'damn it!'

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm excited for dreamhack knowing it will have a lot of teams and everyone can compete for #1, but that's only because I'm heavily invested in the scene. For the casual viewer its another LAN and 343 needs to step it up on producing storylines and creating content that appeals to such fans like Eleague or MLG does so well.

Yeah I have no hope in this department abuse 343/ESL keep pretending they are doing a good job in this regard.

They never touch on the issues the community is actually discussing, and their content completely uninteresting. Hell, they still flood the down time with H5 and HW2 commercials when they could be using it to get folks up to speed.

ESL has been all about minimal effort and sweeping controversy under the rug. 343 appears oblivious that pruduction quality has been botttom tier since day one. They've got two years of footage and story lines, yet they can't get some interns to make a couple video about how each team got to this point?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Somebody actually thinks IW is better than Halo 5? Hahaha you can't be serious. IW was a complete disaster.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Somebody actually thinks IW is better than Halo 5? Hahaha you can't be serious. IW was a complete disaster.

It's not exactly a great Call of Duty game, but it gets basic things correct that Halo 5 hasn't for 2 years. I'm not arguing in favor of IW or Halo 5, because they both are complete shit in my opinion, but IW has things Halo 5 doesn't on a casual basis. In the competitive department it's not even close. Halo 5 is pathetic. Both the game on a competitive basis, and the way it's handled, absolutely pathetic. IW isn't exactly great as a competitive title, but the way it is handled more than makes up for it. In my opinion, Halo 5 is the worst established esport title out right now. The game itself and the way it's handled. 

• Upvote (+1) 6

"Let's win the series so we do t have to hear these fucking ******* talk on Twitter about how they should have won" -roy

lmao

Timestamp?

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think Halo 5 gameplay, especially now with no ARs, is actually really good. It's probably getting close to passing Halo 3 for my 2nd most played online Halo after H2 which is crazy to me considering I have much more responsibilities than I did back then but I just genuinely enjoy it. All I know is I'm very optimistic for Halo 6. While we might not all agree with everything 343 does, they have shown between Halo 4 and Halo 5 that they actually do listen. All of Bungie's Halos got progressively worse and when ignoring the campaign, 343's 2nd installment was leaps and bounds greater than the first.

#positive 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I truly wish h6 can get back to the basics somehow. I'd be happy if the only abilities to continue forward were sprint or thrust. Not both. We can probably all agree with NO radar at this point or "ability" radar. I will admit that all the playlists are garbage now compared to HCS radar settings. They need to make the sniper a harder weapon to use, preferably like h3. I'm sick of platinums being able to no scope. I'd really be happy with no autos at all. And if you want to add an auto, treat it as a power weapon. Players that spend more time on the game and get a good shot should be rewarded by being able to out shoot there opponent and not have that chance factor that an auto would bring. Don't care wether we have pistols or br for h6, either would be fine for starting weapons. Please please please bring back more gametypes. I can't tell you how sick I am of the 3 in rotation. Especially strongholds. The ranking system is fine imo, but if we want 1-50 that's good too. If 1-50 is chosen do we still seasons at that point? We need to allow community maps into the playlists and pro league if they make the cut, we can have an infinite amount of good maps because of the great halo forgers out there. We need the basic theater option of being able to have more than 1 person in theater lobby. Obviously need a ranked and social playlist separation. Also keep up the rotation of gametypes every month or so, keeps things fresh. Also bring back population count so we can see how many people are in a given playlist. This is a special request of mine, but bring back s 1v1 playlist. I really enjoy not relying on random team mates all the time. I could probably list 10 more things but this is getting too long already. Wow, 343 has their work cut out for them if they want the competitive crowd back.

They like their wall running