CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Don't understand the love TK gets around here. They haven't had a good CoD team in forever and in terms of YT content they are decent but lag behind OG/FaZe and most of the other big orgs. 

More Setting opinions from the pros. Regardless of whether you agree or not, I'm really glad we're seeing it discussed. I just hope something actually gets done. The fact that the proving grounds list exists and is being tested seems like a good thing to me. I feel like the meeting of "best case" and "realistic" IMO would use the PG radar (maybe with the radius tuned back down) and removal of AR starts. Might be too optimistic. I REALLY don't see 343 taking out sprint in favor of increased movement speed, but I'm gonna pipe dream less autos and better radar.

Also, I think the best chance we have of getting the settings changed is to get the pros on a united front regarding what they'd like. I know TB did a poll before that I felt was influential in getting breakout removed. Is that something that could happen again?

I hate seeing this. There are 3 main issues that can easily be fixed in the game right now. Sprint, autos, and radar. I would argue that sprint is the worst offender of the 3. 3 biggest functionality issues are LAN, spectator/observer/theatre, and aiming. I won't be playing Halo with sprint anymore. I'll watch events and support Halo, but I won't even buy the next Halo if it has sprint. I've bought every Halo since CE.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Sprint would be somewhat managable if not for thrust slide jumps IMO. Get rid of that and the new radar plays fine along with pistol only starts.

One thing is that it is much easier for people to understand the case for no radar and no AR starts than for no sprint. It's easy to explain that pros should have to use their brains to find people at close range and their thumbs to get kills rather than having these things spoonfed in the game's current form but an anti-sprint argument is more complicated

while i agree that sprint should be removed, i think ARs are top priority. its not fun to watch and not fun to play. the thing i loved about halo was that even if you caught me from behind and got that first shot on me, i could whip around and out strafe/shoot you. much like the heavy sniper aim assist, its taken a game of skill and turned it into a game of chance. if you see me first, you are much more likely to get the kill. sprint and radar seem to be added in to counteract the OP nature of autos to give you an easy out and to allow you to crouch in corners and spy your opponents.

the three are pretty woven together but pull the autos out first and i think you see the other 2 fall away. without autos, i dont think you need the others, just the increase in base movement speed and jump height @@Neighbor mentioned

• Upvote (+1) 1

This flicker every second on the Gears of War Twitch stream is killing me. 

MLG done fucked this up. Could be the XBOX hardware though. Why is the PS4 so much better than XBOX One? It used to be the other way around.

• Downvote (-1) 9

This flicker every second on the Gears of War Twitch stream is killing me. 

banned in 3..

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

God can the GoW staff please fucking fix the screen flicker, the stream has been fucked for over an hour and its killing me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Random but I hate that twitter who to follow stuff - I see Quinn's "making multiplayer games 20% cooler in ten seconds flat" bio and start dry heaving on the spot.

"making multiplayer game communities 20% angrier in 10 seconds flat"

• Upvote (+1) 7

MLG done fucked this up. Could be the XBOX hardware though. Why is the PS4 so much better than XBOX One? It used to be the other way around.

No console wars. Please. You'll kill me. This isn't the Xbox or we'd have seen this before. Don't recall this before in a big way. 

God can the GoW staff please fucking fix the screen flicker, the stream has been fucked for over an hour and its killing me.

@@Clap please send in the strike team. Preferably Quick Reaction Force. 

No console wars. Please. You'll kill me. This isn't the Xbox or we'd have seen this before. Don't recall this before in a big way. 

@@Clap please send in the strike team. Preferably Quick Reaction Force. 

well I didn't want to blame the MLG gods since we all know MLG can do no wrong. If it's not the hardware this is a complete failure on MLG's part. 

• Downvote (-1) 4

GoW is bad enough for spectators as it is. I enjoy playing it but its horrible to watch because of third person screens flying everywhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

well I didn't want to blame the MLG gods since we all know MLG can do no wrong. If it's not the hardware this is a complete failure on MLG's part. 

MLG isnt running this tournament.

Can I ask the people who post about people saying MLG is perfect, are you actually serious or trolling? I get the feeling it's serious.