CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ninja said the team needed someone who communicated better, and made better in game decisions. This doesn't seem like a very argument against Vic X. Ninja also said Vic didn't seem "as hungry to win" as aPG, made my sides hurt.

Well he's not wrong about the communication, but the hunger part is funny. Vic was shitting vs liquid, and lg isn't exactly practicing every day as it is, so can't blame vic for that
  • Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

pro league should be 10 teams imo

or even better yet, just fuck off with pro league and give us a real circuit

don't even waste 50k on boring online matches

Pro Circuit?? So we can have a bunch of entitled amateurs whining about how they can't make it to X event, and they need sponsors.
  • Upvote (+1) 5

Well he's not wrong about the communication, but the hunger part is funny. Vic was shitting vs liquid, and lg isn't exactly practicing every day as it is, so can't blame vic for that

iirc there were a couple of times they couldnt scrim because cam was on vacation or unavailable. its still the pot calling the kettle black. that team could have been really good with consistent practice. it was the same with the eg team with ninja and victory

Yeahhhh I'm not buying that. Lunch is a very good player, but everytime I watched his POV, he rarely won 1v1s. His positioning was incredible (which I'd argue is more important, or at the very least as important) but his shot left much to the imagination.

You give him a steadier shot (think Contra, Str8 Sick) and it does elevate his game quite a bit.

i think it comes down to his grind honestly - when the twins played nonstop and had just as much playtime as the rest of the competition they were unstoppable and his shot really never looked like it does today

You are correct, but if EG wants to stride for 1st place he need to improve his shot.

winning those clutch battles and getting those necessary trades are huge in this game i totally agree. hopefully he puts a lot of time in and can balance everything before dreamhack. id love to see them upset any of the big 3

I just hope cam finds a new team, he def deserves to be on a top squad, one of the best, and most consistent team mates out there.

If Pro League was shut down tomorrow we wouldn't get anymore LAN tournaments because of it. We would just have less Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Pro League was shut down tomorrow we wouldn't get anymore LAN tournaments because of it. We would just have less Halo.

i like the gears set up with the friday night fights filling the void between lans vs hcs using a land to bridge the time between online pro league

pro league should be 10 teams imo

or even better yet, just fuck off with pro league and give us a real circuit 

don't even waste 50k on boring online matches

Some of the responses to your graph showing Pro League viewership on Twitter are absolutely ridiculous. The guy who said there might be something there to bringing back ARs? Get real. I applaud the work you put in on your own time to do the graphs and viewership collection. Sad that you have to do it on your own time or we would never know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be fair to ContrA, he was a pro like 2 months ago, and arguably one of the best pros in the league (id put him in the top 16 players easily from a pure skill perspective). I feel that he probably thinks he stood a better chance with OS than we would with Str8 or Ronin, and i really dont blame him if you look at how those two teams did.

Oh for sure. That was actually my point. The only reason we have a "9th place" team, or rather a team good enough to potentially relegate a pro team, is because it's comprised of two players who many believe could be on pro teams right now, in ContrA & Ryanoob.

i think it comes down to his grind honestly - when the twins played nonstop and had just as much playtime as the rest of the competition they were unstoppable and his shot really never looked like it does today

That's the thing though, Not "grinding" and lacking consistency have been the hallmark of the Twins for almost all of H5.

H5, like any competition is results based. 

A player like Pistola grinded his way from a team that didn't make Worlds, to a top 2 team in H5.

Unfortunately, while EG plays better with practice, we are more often going to get the EG that plays with less practice.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some of the responses to your graph showing Pro League viewership on Twitter are absolutely ridiculous. The guy who said there might be something there to bringing back ARs? Get real. I applaud the work you put in on your own time to do the graphs and viewership collection. Sad that you have to do it on your own time or we would never know.

thanks lol, i always appreciate peoples enthusiasm even if they might be a little misguided  ;)

"bring back breakout and people will start watching again!!"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Aight boys I'm going camping for the weekend. Don't make any tasty memes while I'm gone.

• Upvote (+1) 1

thanks lol, i always appreciate peoples enthusiasm even if they might be a little misguided ;)

"bring back breakout and people will start watching again!!"

The simple fact is that the downward trend began with game 2 of last season. It's not a radar or AR or any other settings related thing. It's that interest will slowly dwindle. The key is to have compelling storylines and give people a reason to watch. The recent peak on Wednesday is proof of that. I'm convinced one of the biggest burdens on pro league is the inaccurate reticle in observer mode. There have probably been thousands of people who've tuned in for the first time, seen great players and gameplay, but then see a perfect kill or sniper headshot when the last shot is hitting the player's foot. There is nothing more rewarding in Halo than crisp shots. Robbing the viewer of that takes away half the experience.

• Upvote (+1) 6

The simple fact is that the downward trend began with game 2 of last season. It's not a radar or AR or any other settings related thing. It's that interest will slowly dwindle. The key is to have compelling storylines and give people a reason to watch. The recent peak on Wednesday is proof of that. I'm convinced one of the biggest burdens on pro league is the inaccurate reticle in observer mode. There have probably been thousands of people who've tuned in for the first time, seen great players and gameplay, but then see a perfect kill or sniper headshot when the last shot is hitting the player's foot. There is nothing more rewarding in Halo than crisp shots. Robbing the viewer of that takes away half the experience.

that is definitely one of the most common comments in see in twitch chat, "why is the aimer broken lulz"

it makes our game and players look unskillful, which is kinda the opposite of what HCS is trying to achieve...

2nd biggest issue imo is lack of gameplay variety, it's the same stuff over and over

• Upvote (+1) 2