CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2017 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It was a good post besides this. Heinz gets the exact same treatment as Vic X in this game. He's the first to get scapegoated and never deserves it. He plays really, really good Halo.

Dont get me wrong, i really like Heinz, I just feel that squad could really benefit from a change at that position, or maybe im just basing my opinion on how they played against Nv, which they could have won, well see at DH.

Final Standings

NA (Ronin and Str8 will play through relegation...good luck)

JSe7Cny.png

I didn't realise Str8 didn't win a single series - yikes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Divine Domination didn't win a single game all season?!  Holy shit that is terrible.

yeah they forfeited one series bc a player couldnt be reached wednesday and yesterday they just didnt seem to care

yeah it was rough. hopefully this new squad does well on lan but oxygen supremacy is too strong i think for either ronin or str8

So do we really have nothing going on until Dreamhack besides that Millenial BTS thing?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Divine Domination didn't win a single game all season?!  Holy shit that is terrible.

they were the fav to win it all too. vegas screwed me again

• Upvote (+1) 1

So why was pro league so short when Dreamhack is so 'far' away and there are no cups inbetween?

ESL been winging it the whole time bro... just go with the flow.

• Upvote (+1) 5

So do we really have nothing going on until Dreamhack besides that Millenial BTS thing?

female pros play tomorrow as well as a big college local in illinois that pros are allowed to compete at

it's only a month  :lxthul:

tumblr_inline_ncho6kFXPe1ssukh6.gif

• Upvote (+1) 6

Yeah, kind of an odd gap for a regular season, and a month later have the finals??? Pretty piss poor planning on that one, not overly surprised. I guess it does give the new rosters a chance to breath, and get some scrims under the belt.

• Upvote (+1) 2

yo.

YOOOOO.

yooooOOOOoooOOOOOOOoooo

So, I'm like a full bottle of wine deep 

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

If LBX had Contra's shot he would be the best player. Even with his crappy shot he went 21-9 the last Truth Slayer

• Upvote (+1) 9

Well there's 2 more open circuit cups. One this weekend and the next is the final one worth 5k.

If LBX had Contra's shot he would be the best player. Even with his crappy shot he went 21-9 the last Truth Slayer

LBX def makes some of the best decisions game play wise, hes very calculated. That being said, that rig game, what the fuck was he doing in engine 2 lmfao. Twins def have a ton of skill and meta knowledge, just need to grind more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like they would have gotten a win had they played everyone twice. This new format is pretty shit.

I feel like they would have gotten a win had they played everyone twice. This new format is pretty shit.

They would had ended 1-13 beating maybe Ronin

even the best of players when super aggressive will miss. its easy to not miss when you generally play slower and lunchbox is one of the most aggressive obj players ever. a good example: walshy - the man had his moments of windmilling but when it came to ffa/1v1 he could outshoot the best

Everyone clamoring for 10 teams, look at the standings.

In leagues, you typically add teams when one of two things:

1. Over-saturation of talent/talent redistribution

2. League growth allows for the luxury of adding more teams and growing.

1. Ronin is sitting at 1-7 with a 26% win rate, Str8 is 0-8 with a 22% win rate. LG with a respectable 3-4 record has a map win rate of 38%. The league is no longer "Optic steamrolls everyone" thankfully, but it is, and has been very top heavy for a while. Optic, nV + Splyce/TL have been consistently on top. Adding more teams (with the exception of OS) that have less talented players than the current pro players would only make the talent disparity worst. 

2. As a scene, H5 doesn't have the luxury to make any "positive-growth" moves, I think we can all agree on that.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

even the best of players when super aggressive will miss. its easy to not miss when you generally play slower and lunchbox is one of the most aggressive obj players ever. a good example: walshy - the man had his moments of windmilling but when it came to ffa/1v1 he could outshoot the best

Yeahhhh I'm not buying that. Lunch is a very good player, but everytime I watched his POV, he rarely won 1v1s. His positioning was incredible (which I'd argue is more important, or at the very least as important) but his shot left much to the imagination.

You give him a steadier shot (think Contra, Str8 Sick) and it does elevate his game quite a bit.

• Upvote (+1) 2

You are correct, but if EG wants to stride for 1st place he need to improve his shot.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

If EG and LG don't want to be the perennial 5th/6th place teams, the really need to start grinding hard for Atlanta and next season

• Upvote (+1) 1